PDA

View Full Version : Well, after much thought....

Pedro
25-02-2007, 06:09 PM
..and soul searching, it's time to let my first love go. It's been a good few years but things aren't working out so the time has come to part company......

....And before all you bling vultures decend thinking I'm talking about my bike, you can all sod off!!:chuckle: :chuckle:

Actually, The present Mrs Pedro and I are going our seperate ways after 19 years, all very amicably. Just wanted to say thanks to a few of the good folks on here that have leant me an ear and offered advice over the last few weeks - you know who you are.

Ped

sidrat
25-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear man, just getting divorced after 22 years marriage, good luck

lord vader
25-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Ped, best of luck etc...

Vader

Albie
25-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Good Luck ped. Im sure all will be ok. I split up just 3 years ago and I get on with ex still. I wont let our friendship go down the pan for my kids sake and dont see why we cant be mates. Caroline doesnt really understand how I can just treat her as I would all my other mates as she hurt me so. So what shes human and Im happy now more than I pros have ever been in the past. Keep it good.

Best of luck
Albie

benson
25-02-2007, 07:13 PM
All the best Ped - I empathise as I've been there recently myself - amicably is definitely the best way to go - if you can - and I hope the next chapter of life is fun and safe and happy for you and the bike of course!!!

CK & AK
25-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Ped, you must have had to really think hard about it all mate.
Hope you both stay amicable, it can be hard to do at times :)

C

fatbloke
25-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Actually, The present Mrs Pedro and I are going our seperate ways after 19 years, all very amicably. Just wanted to say thanks to a few of the good folks on here that have leant me an ear and offered advice over the last few weeks - you know who you are.

Ped

is it because you've put on so much weight podgy git

scrumpster
25-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Well sorry to hear that Ped. It's not an easy decision to make, but one I did 7 years ago after 15 years of marriage. I have had some of the best times in the 7 years since and some of my lowest too, but I'm enjoying life and got into the biking, that's something I would never have done. Life really is too short so just get out there and enjoy it!!! :biggrin:

Zimbo
25-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Good luck with it all Pedro, thoughts are with you, hope things work out OK in the end for you both. Don't be afraid to lean on your mates when you need support, that's what mates are for.

Nonnie
25-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Upon my last break up, I got me mates over, ordered pizza, drank champagne.

Yours sounds more involving than mine, I was just glad to get rid of the scheming, lying little **** at long last once I'd found out for sure he was sleeping around and telling everybody we knew we had an open relationship so they wouldn't tell me he was sleeping around the lying little ****er!!!

I thoroughly recommend mates, booze and food, In copious quantities. Good Luck.

Banshee
25-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Good luck with everythin, i know it aint easy. x

JMo
25-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Phew... : o (

Still, a one bed flat and a 1098...?!

xxx

JR
25-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear your sad new Ped - i went down that rout after being married 33 years - lean on your friends, especially those who have had the same experience. Some good people on this site helped me (and still do) along the lonely road, but, as we all know, yer best friend is yer bike! Take care.

squiffything
26-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Ped sorry to hear that. !5 years of marriage and then it ended. We both knew it wasn't working. We still get on really well, speak most weeks and keep the friendliness going. If you can do this then it will ok for both of you.

The bike will help it allows you, through forums like this, to get out and enjoy life and lets you start again so to speak. You will have regrets wonder if you've made the right choice and worry about what your life holds for you. Don't dwell too much on that life will take you where ever you want it to. If you can, get out and do things and fill your weekends with as much as you can. Take the chance to do those things that you always thought you would want to but never could.

Good luck and here's to a new future for you.

Pedro
26-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks all (except you Fatbloke, I'll have you know I've lost a stone in the last two weeks...), it means a lot. It just proves that bikie people are the best!! To be honest, the bike has kept me sane in the bad times so it ain't going nowhere!!!!

And yes, when it's all sorted, a new bike beckons...:) although not a 1098, it will probably be a wet Monster.... yee har!

Ped
Single and open to offers!!!
:chuckle:

Mand
26-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks all (except you Fatbloke, I'll have you know I've lost a stone in the last two weeks...)

Does that mean you can get in your leathers now then? :chuckle:

Mand xx ;)

Pedro
26-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Does that mean you can get in your leathers now then? :chuckle:

Mand xx ;)

Why, can't you get in yours?

:chuckle: :chuckle:

slob
26-02-2007, 12:17 PM
....a wet Monster....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

djdazza
26-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey Ped

Just read you thread

Am there too buddy

Best of luck matey

giler
26-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Pedro, glad it's amicable.
Do you want me to have a word with the tall blonde at 12 Bar that took Shandy's eye????

Mand
26-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Why, can't you get in yours?

After all this bloody swimming I am doing, I sincerely hope so!!!

And before you say it, looks like I'll be needing some new boots to fit my webbed feet..... maybe a nice man in Wiltshire could recommend something? :biggrin:

Pedro
26-02-2007, 12:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Relax Rob!!! I'm not getting rid of my early monnie, having ridden an RS, it has a certain appeal..... hehehehehe

Melnie Mouse
26-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Upon my last break up, I got me mates over, ordered pizza, drank champagne.

I thoroughly recommend mates, booze and food, In copious quantities. Good Luck.

yes very true, good luck mate, and keep busy when you need to and have time to yourself when you need to, big hug xx

Pedro
26-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear that Pedro, glad it's amicable.
Do you want me to have a word with the tall blonde at 12 Bar that took Shandy's eye????

Depends if she has the trademark Swindon Webbed Fingers thing going on...!

Mand
26-02-2007, 12:38 PM

God you ARE fussy!!! :chuckle:

Shandy
26-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Don't worry mate next time your down for a few beers we'll take you to the Walkabout on a Saturday night, webbed fingers will be the last of your worries!!!!!!! :freak: :eyepopping:

Pedro
26-02-2007, 03:58 PM
God you ARE fussy!!! :chuckle:

Give me a week or two and that'll soon change.....:eyepopping:

fatbloke
26-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks all (except you Fatbloke, I'll have you know I've lost a stone in the last two weeks...),
does that meen Mrs Pedro can see the telly now?

Pedro
26-02-2007, 05:39 PM
does that meen Mrs Pedro can see the telly now?

No, I plan to have custody of the telly & sky box....:chuckle:

CK & AK
26-02-2007, 05:59 PM
No, I plan to have custody of the telly & sky box....:chuckle:

*taps head with a thinking look*

so Podgero might have some spare dosh? :confused:

Ever thought about doing some club racing sponsorship Pete? :D

seriously - once you have both moved on, then go & look after number one mate - get yourself all the middleaged boys toys:D

C, running for cover............. :eek:

Albie
26-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks all (except you Fatbloke, I'll have you know I've lost a stone in the last two weeks...), it means a lot. It just proves that bikie people are the best!! To be honest, the bike has kept me sane in the bad times so it ain't going nowhere!!!!

And yes, when it's all sorted, a new bike beckons...:) although not a 1098, it will probably be a wet Monster.... yee har!

Ped
Single and open to offers!!!

It was the bike and this club that got me back on track. I was very down and just wanted to meet people which I did. Part of the reason I got the bike was I admitted to myself that the marriage was nearly gone and had I known behind the scenes was another bloke would have been a lot earlier.I needed a release which is what the monnie gave me. You must call on your mates though .They are worth their salt at times.

eonan
26-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey mate, just catching up on some threads and came across this one....I'm really sorry to hear your news Pete :( Glad its amicable though. Hope the many, many doors out there start opening for you soon :thumbsup:

Shauns4
26-02-2007, 06:39 PM
..and soul searching, it's time to let my first love go. It's been a good few years but things aren't working out so the time has come to part company......

Ped

I have just parted with wife no.2, seems to be a lot of it about and a fair few on here, never mind will have more room in the garage when she takes her M1000. Maybe we need a divorced monsters owners area!

Shaun

benson
26-02-2007, 08:19 PM
And we could have a desmo due team!!!:pedro:

Seriously though this site is worth its weight in gold - the bikes and the people have certainly kept me going on many an occasion and as we've all said - the bike will ALWAYS be a permanent fixture - partners may come and go but we'll always have our bikes and our mates!!!:mand:

Pedro
26-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Desmo Due racing? Nah, I wanna blow my spare money on World Ducati Week!!!

And yeah bikes will always figure in my future as will all the good mates I've found on here

Ped

Headhunter
26-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Pedro, sorry to hear the news.

Definitely sounds like a skinful of beers with a load of good mates in a t*tty bar is in order though.

Fodder
26-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Good luck Ped, if you need a break you know where we're at.

jerry
27-02-2007, 01:27 PM
marriage is for idiots which includes me married 10 years , love my wife and kids but hate marriage , it only benefits women and is a prison for men.

Plato: it is the curse of the gods that turns beautiful young women into wives.

jerry

Mand
27-02-2007, 01:31 PM
marriage is for idiots which includes me married 10 years , love my wife and kids but hate marriage , it only benefits women and is a prison for men.

Plato: it is the curse of the gods that turns beautiful young women into wives.

jerry

Dont you talk bollox.

Nonnie
27-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Dont you talk bollox.

hehe

hehehehe

that was actually 10 characters worth of giggling

Bodybag
27-02-2007, 01:41 PM
hehe = 4

hehehehe = 8

that was actually 10 characters worth of giggling

Where on earth did you get 10 from? Are you a Maths teacher or something?

That sea air must be getting to you!!

mrtony
27-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Mrstony just read this thread over my shoulder,whacked me in the side of the head and said,"Dream on sunshine,I'm going nowhere!!" :twak:

What's your secret Pedro?

mrtony,happily married,she tells me.:spin: