PDA

View Full Version : Desmodue 2007 - getting ready!

Zimbo
25-02-2007, 05:31 PM
One week to go till first outing at Silverstone (trackday, 4th March) so I thought I ought to get the bike ready. It didn't have any mechanical issues when I put it away last year so I don't intend to do much to it, a set of belts and some cosmetic work as it was looking fairly sorry for itself after two trips into the kitty litter last year.
I went to my local paint place and they mixed me an aerosol can of Ducati Rosso Red and supplied a can of clear lacquer, bought a can of white primer some knifing compound and wet and dry, and set to work sanding down the tank and filling the paint chips in. Sprayed up the nosecone in red and yellow, the mudguard was badly scratched but I decided it would come up with just a coat of lacquer, ditto bellypan. Side panels, one would need red base coat, one just lacquer. All stickers etc removed with the aid of a hot air gun and residue cleaned up with meths. Finally, tank and side panel primed and sprayed with several light coats of red, and then all coated in clear lacquer and reassembled. Final touch, apply chrome Ducati logos supplied by my local sign writing company.
Belts replaced today too along with a fresh R&G bung (old one was a bit shorter than it used to be after a few tarmac interfaces), just needs a nut and bolt check and clean, battery currently on charge, bellypan to be reftted once it's cleaned. Shims will be done next month too, along with an oil and filter change. Waiting for my front numbers to arrive.
Pics taken today:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/zimbo16/IMG_0734.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/zimbo16/IMG_0737.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/zimbo16/IMG_0741.jpg

Finally, the old R&G bung I removed, shows why they're a good idea! It was nearly an inch shorter than the fresh new one I've just fitted.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/zimbo16/IMG_0647.jpg

benson
25-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Excellent - this year I WILL make it to at least some of the DDs - anyone else want to play??? Scrumps - Castle Coombe is calling and let's face it - I've got the time hopefully with my weekends on call allbooked through until September!!!!

slob
25-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Looks good Zimbo, are you sure that's the same Monica?

psychlist
25-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Looks good Zimbo, are you sure that's the same Monica?

Why Slob old bean, what do you mean :chuckle:
Nice work with the paint can Grame, chrome Ducati sticker works very well, lets hope it all stays that way longer than the season and a half it did with me. Good luck mate, I hope to see you at Brands :thumbsup:

GULLY
25-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Good luck Zimbo
I will look out for you at Brands:thumbsup:

gully

Zimbo
25-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone, all support will be appreciated!
I aim to try and stay upright this year Paul :) be great to see you at Brands, let me know if you need a ticket, Monica has one reserved for you!

scrumpster
25-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Excellent - this year I WILL make it to at least some of the DDs - anyone else want to play??? Scrumps - Castle Coombe is calling and let's face it - I've got the time hopefully with my weekends on call allbooked through until September!!!!

Castle Combe is usually a deffo with me as you know Rachel, when is it?

Zimbo
25-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Dates are as follows, be great to see you! :)

14/15th April: Brands Hatch: Ducati racing on the SUNDAY only - 4 DD races (2 x 620 & 2 x 593)
20th May: Mallory Park
8/9/10th June: Assen: Trackday Fri, qualifying Sat, race on the Sunday
7th July: Oulton Park
28/29th July: Castle Combe
12th August: Donington Park
1/2nd Sept: Snetterton (PD, dont you dare miss this one!)
6/7th Oct: Cadwell Park

psychlist
26-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I aim to try and stay upright this year Paul :) be great to see you at Brands, let me know if you need a ticket, Monica has one reserved for you!

I aim to be there mate, along with DSC Sussex as it's our normal weekend meet that Sunday and Brands is just up the road :idea:

benson
01-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Right then - I've got my tea bags and one hell of a loud voice - so will be heading to Brands on the 15th to shout and make tea for Zimbo and Gilps - really looking forward to my first visit to the DD...:thumbsup:

slob
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Right then - I've got my tea bags and one hell of a loud voice - so will be heading to Brands on the 15th to shout and make tea for Zimbo and Gilps - really looking forward to my first visit to the DD...:thumbsup:

And I'll be there, since my official mechanic's overalls have had their annual wash(not that they needed it)

Zimbo
01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Excellent, normal service is resumed . . . :)

scrumpster
01-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Well I shall be at Thruxton at the BSB but hope to get to Castle Combe!!

Sqwifeve
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
We're planning to be at the BSB at Thruxton on the Sunday too.

squiffything
02-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Yay I'll be at brands though gotta take the car as I'm picking up my tyres from the K's. Once again haven't got a clue where it is or how to get there but hayhoo the car will know and i'll just have a snooze while it takes me.

If anyone from up this way or any points between wants a lift there will be room. Just holler

benson
02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey squiffs - hould be en route past my door - well nearly so we could ride in/drive in together!!! More than happy to meet you somewhere on the way!:ukm:

squiffything
02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
yup that would be good though I don't know if I would be able to keep up with you in the car whilst your on the bike.