PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Zafiras recovered

Albie
22-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Well I got a call today 13 days after the Zafi got chavved. Turns out its been up the road about a mile in Auto Renovations store for recovered vehicles after the police found it on the saturday after.
Bill for £514.62 for storage and a broken window and hot wired. Picking it up 2moro.
Anothe lesson learnt. Phone the police everyday and dont wait for them to do so as they say they will when they do find something belonging to you. They managed to phone the recovery but not the owners :confused: :eek: :eek:

sadbiker
23-02-2007, 08:16 AM
If your bike is stolen and the police find it, try to recover it yourself,

A R1 was stolen outside my wifes works when the owner was inside seeing his girlfriend, The police found it hours later in the back of a Van which had broken down and had been left.

He was asked if they could keep it so they can do their bits and pieces.

When he went to pick it up a few days later from the police pound he was given a very big bill for recovery, storage plus the bike was now damaged.....

The police tried to day it was damaged when they found it. Yer right.

He has written to the top dog of the station concerned as he is fuming..

So the moral is if they recover it get over there and get it home yourself.

No wonder the working people of this country want to emigrate....

Albie
25-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Im not sure what to think whats going on in these cases. I have no confidance wjth the constabulary anymore other than they will get the motorist with sneakiness cameras and fine you for a few miles over.How can they forget to phone the owners but manage to call the recovery. Is there collusion going on. Its a sad accusation and Im not proud doing so as it was my stupid fault that it got nicked even though its theft.Im just lucky it was a company vehicle and do no not have to pay the money but it still winds me up.:mad:

Scotty
25-02-2007, 04:30 PM
if it was a company car are you cant be the owner then, is that perhaps why you weren't told ?

Albie
25-02-2007, 04:44 PM
No they asked for my mobile and all relavant company details and no's .They actually found vehicle and recovered the vehicle at 09.00hrs saturday within11 hrs of me reporting the crime. They phoned me with a crime no after they had done this at about 13.00hrs on saturday and said they will keep me informed.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :toilet:

slob
25-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Bill for £514.62 for storage

I must be in the wrong business.
I hope the car got an en-suite bathroom, room service and breakfast thrown in at those rates.
The chavs ain't the only thieves in this story.