PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't resist it!!!

Bodybag
19-02-2007, 12:14 PM
OK, so we all know how ill Beelzebub has been lately?! I was out a wondering the other day and came across an immaculate 02 plate 748 with 6000 miles on it. Thought to myself, "Hmm, thats rather nice. I wanted a 748 originally before I bought Beelzebub, shall I buy one now?!"

Well dammit, I went and bought this one today.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/monster_budd/DSC00491.jpg

What do we all reckon? Am I an idiot or have I bought an appreciating asset for a tadge under £5k?

Beelzebub will have a friend to keep him company while he recuperates and I'll have something else to play with. :mand:

Shandy
19-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Who cares about appreciating costs and all that, thats one damn nice bike mate :thumbsup:

How you finding it being a lanky git like me???

What you realy need on it are some Termi's mate to get that noise we all love, PM Nattyboy i think hes got some new boxed ones for alot less than the RRP :biggrin: go on you know you want to!!!

Cheers,

Shandy

banditloon
19-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I was in the same position, before buying Nessie. 748 or a 900 Monster.... I never really liked the 916/996 in a sensible riding type of way, but I always liked the 748s.

Nice looking beasty there. Yellow for a 748 is a good choice too :D

markus
19-02-2007, 12:25 PM
you're not an idiot, you're a genius (especially if i can play ha ha)

Bodybag
19-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Who cares about appreciating costs and all that, thats one damn nice bike mate :thumbsup:

How you finding it being a lanky git like me???

What you realy need on it are some Termi's mate to get that noise we all love, PM Nattyboy i think hes got some new boxed ones for alot less than the RRP :biggrin: go on you know you want to!!!

Cheers,

Shandy

The ride was actually quite comfy. Only thing I need to get used to is the seat makes you slide forward so your nadgers are on the tank! I've got enough kids already though so its probably no great loss!!

:mand: They are Termi's.

I was in the same position, before buying Nessie. 748 or a 900 Monster.... I never really liked the 916/996 in a sensible riding type of way, but I always liked the 748s.

Nice looking beasty there. Yellow for a 748 is a good choice too :D

There's only one colour for 748's and its yellow!

Shandy
19-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Only thing I need to get used to is the seat makes you slide forward so your nadgers are on the tank! I've got enough kids already though so its probably no great loss!!

Yeah its the same for me, wait till you get caught out going over a bump mate, bring tears to you eyes :cry:

:mand: They are Termi's.

Good lad :cool:

Will
19-02-2007, 12:46 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/monster_budd/DSC00491.jpg

..........What do we all reckon? Am I an idiot or have I bought an appreciating asset for a tadge under £5k?

You should have spent the 5k on improving your drive - it is in a shocking
state! :-)

Bodybag
19-02-2007, 01:47 PM
You should have spent the 5k on improving your drive - it is in a shocking
state! :-)

Ha ha. I pulled onto the crappy gravel patch to take that picture. Felt really guilty as soon as I'd stopped cos the bike is absolutely spotless. No, dirt, oil, dust or anything else on it until I'd had my grubby hands on it for 45 minutes!!

Zimbo
19-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Looks very very tidy, good one!! Enjoy . . .

Darry
19-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Nice Bike mate!

Just remember to put PETROL in it!

Can I have a go? :thumbsup:

Darry.

Scotty
19-02-2007, 06:22 PM
see you couldn't resist a proper coloured bike

bigredduke
19-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Looks the dog's danglies mate! Will you have a crisis every time the sun shines tho?

Albie
19-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Well done matey. Did the same as you last september even if mine is red.Love it love the ride. Put a mono seat on mine though but can change it in 5 mins. Happy braking LOL:chuckle:

Chaos Inc.
20-02-2007, 08:47 AM
So when's the tail chop happening?

benson
20-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Well done Phil - a good purchse indeed and who cares what it costs - if you want it you should have it - and I like the yellow a LOT!!!!! Hurrah 4 the shopping chip!!

Bodybag
20-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Frigging Bike Show. I only wanted a look round. Ended up buying a helmet. That, in turn, needed a whole new bike to go with it?!?!? February seems to be my Ducati frenzy month. Beelzebub this time last year and a 748 this year. I wonder what next year will bring. :mand:

singletrack
20-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Frigging Bike Show. I only wanted a look round. Ended up buying a helmet. That, in turn, needed a whole new bike to go with it?!?!? February seems to be my Ducati frenzy month. Beelzebub this time last year and a 748 this year. I wonder what next year will bring. :mand:

A 1098 ? :woot:

Bodybag
20-02-2007, 11:01 PM
A 1098 ? :woot:

If only. Perhaps once the Lottery fairy has sprinkled some luck on me but, until then, probably not.

Bodybag
28-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I get it this afternoon! How childish am I acting at the moment?! Pacing round the house (in my leathers) like an expectant father!! Blue skies over Colchester today mean only one thing. An afternoon of looking like a bumble bee on a banana!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need something to calm me down a bit. Anyone got any prozac?

Bodybag
28-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Its raining
Its stopped
Its raining
Its stopped

The torment is killing me. Aaaagggghhh!!!

Please stay sunny?!

squiffything
28-02-2007, 12:50 PM
its sunny in Newmarket and the winds blowing in your direction sunshine with you for the next 4 hours methinks. Good luck with the new toy

jerry
28-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Hope the opener rockers are OK , the 748 is the worst offender for rocker chrome shedding , Good luck.

jerry

Pugi
28-02-2007, 07:42 PM
What do we all reckon? Am I an idiot or have I bought an appreciating asset for a tadge under £5k?

You have made a very nice purchase indeed...roll on summer for you!
Nice one. :thumbsup:

Bodybag
28-02-2007, 10:27 PM
145 miles from Colchester to Leicester this afternoon on one tank of petrol. :mand:

AND IT RAINED ALL THE FEKKIN WAY!!!! :(

Shandy
01-03-2007, 07:13 AM
145 miles from Colchester to Leicester this afternoon on one tank of petrol. :mand:

AND IT RAINED ALL THE FEKKIN WAY!!!! :(

Thats an arse, what you doing today then, cleaning all the crud off the new toy?? Still at least you've got it at home now :thumbsup:

You must have been riding like a granny to sqeeze that many miles out of it, i only get 100 before the light comes on with the 916 :on: It must have been the rains effect :chuckle:

Bodybag
01-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Actually, posh as it sounds, I took it to my local Eastern European Car Cleaning place and they cleaned it for £3 for me. :-) It'll still need a proper panels off wash at some point but at least its back to looking like a fresh banana rather than one thats been in the fruit bowl for too long!!

Another 100 miles today and still got a decent ride out with my best mate to do tonight. :-)

And I haven't forgotten about Beelzebub either. Hopefully he'll be getting a new battery and solenoid in the next few days. :mand:

benson
01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Really pleased Phil that you're having such a blast - there's nothing like a new bike to put that grin on your face - just as long as Beelzebub doesn't get left out in the cold too much!!!!!