PDA

View Full Version : YUK Mud :(

Melnie Mouse
19-02-2007, 08:38 AM
This morning on my way to work, i go through from Rowlands Castle to Bartons Cross Roads and through the Funtington Village, I'm used to passing farm entrances and aware of the mud that's sometimes there, but this morning was ridiculous.

From the farm entrance on my left, there was no tyre tracks to follow, no way of avoiding the mud, so i carefully rode through it, slowing down to about 35 mph (it was a 60 limit) but i still skidded as i hit the mud. Heart beating quickly as i regained grip, carried on riding to work, thinking surely from a farm entrance aren't they supposed to try and keep it a little clean? I mean i know it's hard especially in this weather, but that was a flippin joke this morning.

I got to work, and rang the non emergency police line. He's taken it all down and said oh I know where you mean, right thank you i'l get on to the council. I've never reported it before cos it's never been as bad as this before, but what if it was a new rider that might well have braked on the mud had they not have been experienced. Or if someone didn't see it however experienced they might have been, doesn't mean nothing can't ever happen to them! :(

Melnie Mouse
19-02-2007, 08:41 AM
ah, how do you delete a thread? it seems to have done this twice?

Stuart42
19-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I used to know an ex traffic copper and was telling him about a similar expierence I once had. Apparently it's an easy job for the old bill as they know who owns the land and who has access to it.

The law did or does state that the wheels must be cleaned before they drive on a highway.

However I do remember a case a few years ago where a farmer was let off in court for letting his cows cr** on the road when he moved them from one field to another.

It maybe a case like with diesel that if someone reports it and then someone has an accident on it the council can be claimed against for not clearing it up so is always wort a phone call.

Either that or fit some off road tyres before you ride there tomorrow?

Cheers
Stuart