PDA

View Full Version : Damn Clarkson to hell

Pugi
18-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I suppose he just showed everyone how stupid he is by not admitting how cool the new Duke is...
I am of course refering to his performance on tonight's Top Gear.
Idiot. :dunce:

Shandy
18-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Fair play to hammond for trying it on though......clarkson doesn't like bikes cos his dodgy hips wont let him get on one :dunce: :dunce:

bigredduke
18-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Having seen Clarkson's attempt at riding a bike (admittedly a Harley) it's not surprising.

Considering Hammond & May are both into bikes, maybe we should deluge them with emails demanding a 2 wheel slot on Top Gear?

scrumpster
18-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Personally I think we should be able to over run the studio one Sunday and do it without Clarkson knowing there are a load of bikers in the house but have Hammy and May in on it?? Right who will email the BBC???

Guzzirider
18-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Its all a set up to make Clarkson look funny- he loves to wind people up and get a reaction. I think he is just jealous because someone overtook his new Lamborghini on a C90 while he was stuck in traffic.

I think James May rides an old Guzzi T3 and a V11 Sport, and Hammond a GSXR1000 and a Harley.

The whole idea of a badly dressed old man with a bad haircut and saggy face pretending he knows what is cool is laughable!

Pugi
18-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I think James May rides an old Guzzi T3 and a V11 Sport

I always did find James to be the coolest. Seems to have good scientific knowledge about the physics behind the toys they play with too. :hail:

Didge
18-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Why do some people still get wound up by Clarkson? Coz that's all it is, a wind up. It's only a tv programme.

russ77
18-02-2007, 10:59 PM
The permed fool has just spent two hundred grand on a hairdresser-mobile that's no more exciting than a bike I spent a couple of grand on. What's more, his "supercar" is made by the same company that made my dull diesel hatchback.

He's just trying to wind people up and it works. We all tuned in nevertheless. Bike magazine interviewed him a couple of months ago and he explained his hatred of motorcycles/riders. I think he just doesn't get them. I don't wear denim with a blazer, but that's just me.

Pugi
18-02-2007, 11:10 PM
True. It is only a TV-show. And not a very good one at that. It's not a programme about cars, its an entertainment show that features cars. If it weren't for the fact that they show cars that we never see in everyday life, no one would watch at all.

What bugs me is all the stupid people that idolise them and the effect they have on the opinions of your everday idiot. How many people will hate bikes and bikers just because Jeremy Clarkson (says he) does? And how will this manifest itself on their behaviour on our roads? :fou:

Kiwi
19-02-2007, 06:12 AM
the whole thing was a set up designed to wind punters up and push up the ratings

why for instance did he have a chainsaw ready and available

no fool would use a chainsaw in the manner he did without checking what was behind the screen first

ever heard of kick back on a chainsaw, either clarkson is extremely stupid or the whole thing was well rehearsed before the audience got there

maybe the safety nazi's will have a go at him for the stupid and irresponsible misuse of a chainsaw

Nonnie
19-02-2007, 06:19 AM
It's fine guys...When I met Mr Clarkson in the Alps with a Bugatti (how terribly glamorous am I?) I told him how he was despised by my motorcycle club.

slob
19-02-2007, 06:41 AM
The reason Clarkson hates bikes is because someone once took him pillion round the Monaco GP circuit on something called a *Ducati Monster* and scared the crap out of him.

Maybe we should visit the TG studio en-masse one day.

Pedro
19-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Never mind Clarkson, you gotta hand it to the Hampster and Captain Slow for last nights Reliant Orbiter piece, now that was truely spectacular!!!

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Zimbo
19-02-2007, 06:47 AM
I think James May rides an old Guzzi T3 and a V11 Sport, and Hammond a GSXR1000 and a Harley.

I know Moto Rapido had Hammond's 999R up for sale a few months ago after his accident, so sounds like he's a Ducati man too :)

Gim
19-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Its only done to get a reaction (like driving round the week beforewith a dead cow on the roof)
Heard James May on the radio apparently he has a barnfull of bikes...and he rides em.. so he is definately the cool one !

Spanner
19-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Why not invite them to the Monster trackday? Could be quite funny.:eyepopping:

rockjock620
19-02-2007, 12:51 PM
It's just a very funny programme, PMSL last night - Top Gear Dog in the wind tunnel, even the chainsaw bit was worth a smirk. They don't want or need to be taken seriously as a motoring programme anymore. So don't. Just enjoy.

neilbaldry
19-02-2007, 02:15 PM
we should totally get hampster and capt. slow in on some biking antics! would be good!

if you all remember, there used to be a small biking segment on top gear, back in the day. was the blokes name Steve Berry? or something like that?

banditloon
19-02-2007, 02:39 PM
we should totally get hampster and capt. slow in on some biking antics! would be good!

if you all remember, there used to be a small biking segment on top gear, back in the day. was the blokes name Steve Berry? or something like that?

Steve Berry used to make me laugh!! :chuckle: Did he actually know anything about bikes??

Reliant orbiter on last nights show, faffing funny! I can't believe it (nearly) worked :chuckle: Just remember, we all pay for this show in a TV licence fee!

I think Hammond has now been tempted to the dark side of Honda and has a Firebland now! Silly boy, get a Ducati again!!

nambduke
19-02-2007, 09:57 PM

Maybe we should visit the TG studio en-masse one day.

Go on:idea: ....let's do it!!! It'll certainly make all the bikers out there smile!! Venue for a Weekender????

Mark Nambduke

PS....yes it really is only a TV show.....

nambduke
19-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Steve Berry used to make me laugh!! :

Went off Berry when he tried to pinch Hammond's job when he was on the critical list recently due to a slight accident/puncture!!

Mark Nambduke

STIVH
19-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Reckon the easiest way to help out Hammond (and May) is to contact their Agents and via the email address here

http://www.agents-uk.com/agents/short_info/36

Annie Sweetbaum is Richards agent and maybe via this ladies direct contact with Hammond we could find a way of truly winding up old Clarkson with a bevy of Ducati's.

I have sent a short message so await a reply.

As for that man Berry did any one on here, hear that tosser on Radio 5 today promoting the road tolls and congestion charges I understand he was on also on Radio 4 with a similiar argument only this time also trying to promote bikes - fine until they decide to wack an £8.00 parking fee on them everytime you enter London with one?

mrtony
20-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Clarkson has a job to do,entertain and inform,I reckon he does both fairly well. Top Gear's about the only decent telly!!
I drive a car,ride me bike and commandeer 44 tonnes for money,so I can say from experience that all modes have their muppets.
Riding a bike I reckon must make you a better driver,if nothing else it makes you more aware of others.
But the fact that anything you hit in a lorry is pretty much toast does the same!!

Whatever you think of Clarkson,any petrol head that lambasts the Govt. in favour of the motorist or bikers has got to be a good thing.

There was also anothr biker on Top Gear before Berry,he sported a rather spendid BMW style beard!!
Can't remember his name though,back in the mists of time....

steve748
20-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Clarkson has a job to do,entertain and inform,I reckon he does both fairly well. Top Gear's about the only decent telly!!
I drive a car,ride me bike and commandeer 44 tonnes for money,so I can say from experience that all modes have their muppets.
Riding a bike I reckon must make you a better driver,if nothing else it makes you more aware of others.
But the fact that anything you hit in a lorry is pretty much toast does the same!!

Whatever you think of Clarkson,any petrol head that lambasts the Govt. in favour of the motorist or bikers has got to be a good thing.

There was also anothr biker on Top Gear before Berry,he sported a rather spendid BMW style beard!!
Can't remember his name though,back in the mists of time....

Was it Chris Goffey or something similiar? Sorry for being an anorak I'll get me coat!:)

mrtony
20-02-2007, 12:20 PM
"For Sale"
Anorak,blue,quilted.

Size,steve748

jerry
20-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Fair play to hammond for trying it on though......clarkson doesn't like bikes cos his dodgy hips wont let him get on one :dunce: :dunce:

''Dodgy hips'' Pah ! bollocks , I have dodgy hips, broken back ,pelvis , pins et all and it has not stopped me riding the last 17 years since my BIG accident,

Clarkson is a woosie.

jerry

mrtony
20-02-2007, 01:08 PM
''Dodgy hips'' Pah ! bollocks , I have dodgy hips, broken back ,pelvis , pins et all and it has not stopped me riding the last 17 years since my BIG accident,

Are you sure you just aint dead and have forgotten to lie down!! :chuckle:

jerry
20-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Dead ! yes mentally dead long time,

jerry

steve748
20-02-2007, 02:47 PM
"For Sale"
Anorak,blue,quilted.

Size,steve748

does that mean I woz correct? I am not selling my BSB monstermob jacket ta!

mrtony
20-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Not sure if I want to answer truthfully steve748.
If I say you were correct,then I will be as anorakky,(it's a word,trust me,) as you,and will be forced to keep said upper outer garment.:worried:
If I lie and say you were wrong,others wil rack their brains
unnecessarily causing much confusion and resentment!!:nash: :nash:

Arrgggh!! The quandary I have placed myself in is inbearable!:banghead:

STIVH
27-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the email you sent to Annie Sweetbaum re James, she has forwarded it on to me and I will pass it on to James.

Best wishes,

Fiona

So the message has been passed on - no we wait to see if they have a cunning plan?

steve748
27-02-2007, 05:59 PM
So the message has been passed on - no we wait to see if they have a cunning plan?

Did you see Clarksons pot belly last sunday? Thats why he don't ride/like bikes cos he can't get on one! :laugh: