PDA

View Full Version : Cans back on and MPL clutch thingy fitted

sadbiker
18-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Fitted my DP cat eliminator pipes yesterday.... It was much easier last time I did this on my last bike. Couldn't get the joint loose in place on the rear down pipe. Took about 1.5 hrs to get the damm thing off in the end... I was screaming blue murder and nearly had 2 black eyes from my other half....

Once off fitted the DP pipework and then the arrow cans. After a hour of not being happy about the closess of the rear tyre to the DP pipes I relented and actually listened to what my other half was saying, "when you came off on the other bike didn't the cans get pushed in by the rear foot peg bracket."

Oh well suppose she was right, looked much better when I bent the exhaurst bracket straight.

Have also fitted one of those MPL clutch cylinders things which mount on the engine, Clutch feels mutch smoother and easier to pull in with left hand, So hoping for easier time when stuck around town.

Took her out today for a ride and loved it. Knew the replacement bike felt a bit stuffier as standard, now I have put the arrows on it feels less restricted.

Pedro
18-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Good choice on the MPL clutch slave - top quality kit!

Shandy
18-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Nicely done SB, im also a big fan of MPL and one of thier cluth do das is on my list for the other bike as soon as ive got some spare wonga

sadbiker
19-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Yes am well impressed with their quality, plus I managed to get it on discount by the mpl auctions via e-bay. Missed it first time round but was luckier on my next bid.

Why couldn't Ducati simply fit this size piston from standard?

Still grinning from the ride yesterday. Still very wary but that is a good thing!!! Planning my next trip abroad now and looks like at least a day at the WDW is part of it. Should be riding down with a mate who wants to do the alps, he nearly made it last time we went down but his apprilla falco broke down in spitting distance. He's not to keen on the Ducati thing but I am sure he can stomarch 1 day. I did sumerise it as like going to NEC, yes its full of bikes etc, but 4 hours of the NEC tends to be enought. I think one day at the WDW will fine.