PDA

View Full Version : Next weekend - 23/24 Feb

benson
17-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Anyone fancy a seaside run if the weather's like it is today???
Southwold?
Orford?
Great Yarmouth if we're really keen!!!!!

Failing that - a big brekkie at The Ace???

Headhunter
17-02-2007, 12:19 PM
If I'm not back in Oxford next w.e, I'll be up for it.

benson
17-02-2007, 10:25 PM
RIght then - by popular choice it's SUnday the 24th and the idea is to go to Southwold for fish and chips and hot chocolate...Not necessarily in that order you understand but that's the general idea. If the weather's ****e we can just stay in and watch Eastenders!!!!!

Nonnie
18-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Isn't Sunday the 25th?

Bodybag
18-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I might go cos you mentioned food. :banana: But I'll be in the car again. :(

Gadget
18-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Isn't Sunday the 25th?

Yes. You are absolutely correct.

I may turn out for the ride, if I am not working.

Nonnie
18-02-2007, 11:33 AM
My God, I was right! Wow! That's like so a first.

scrumpster
18-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Won't be seeing you next Saturday then?

benson
18-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Yes you will - it's just that I am so like crap with dates and days - so yes - the 25th for the rideout in the eneral direction of Suffolk and Saturday for the ride out in the general direction of the south coast!!!

My mate Lou has a hotel in St Leonards - maybe we should aim for there Scrumps??? Might be fun to see her and she can make us a cuppa then we can sample the best fish and chips in St Leonard's or Hastings - what do you think???

scrumpster
18-02-2007, 08:27 PM
That's a big yes from me :thumbsup: Lets now pray for SUN SUN SUN

benson
20-02-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.travelpublishing.co.uk/HiddenInnsEastAnglia/Suffolk/HEA26721.htm

I'm suggesting we meet at the Kings Head Inn in Orford - they have a car park and it's a sweet little place with the Maltings nearby for even more cake and general mooching.....What about 12.30??? I'll go look at the weather forecast and cross my fingers!!!

Mand
20-02-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.travelpublishing.co.uk/HiddenInnsEastAnglia/Suffolk/HEA26721.htm

I'm suggesting we meet at the Kings Head Inn in Orford - they have a car park and it's a sweet little place with the Maltings nearby for even more cake and general mooching.....What about 12.30??? I'll go look at the weather forecast and cross my fingers!!!

It's been bloody ages since I have been to the Coast - if it isn't raining on Sunday, I may get my act together and gate crash. :biggrin: The Monster could do with a bit of a run.

Nonnie
20-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Blimey Mand, it would be fab to see you again!

I can thoroughly recommend food at the Kings Head. Yeehar..

xxx

Mand
20-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Blimey Mand, it would be fab to see you again!

I can thoroughly recommend food at the Kings Head. Yeehar..

xxx

Very nice of you to say so, I have been living the life of a hermit, I could do with blowing the cobwebs away and enjoying some yummy food that somebody else has cooked! :)

benson
20-02-2007, 01:03 PM
yeehar in bloomin deed!!! I've just booked my monster in for the 18k service on March 8th at Rosso Corse so I could have this as my last blast before I head off there and decide I want all sorts of other bits and pieces doing to it....

It'd be really good to see you Mand and I can persuade you to go for a groovy paint job wot matches your tri colour helmet - now that would be cool...

Meanwhile hope everyone has a good week - I am in work today and tomorrow then taking two days leave so it will no doubt pour down the minute I leve the building!!!

katana
22-02-2007, 09:40 AM
So meeting up at the pub and no ride out?

benson
22-02-2007, 10:47 AM
As the pub is quite a long way from home getting there constitutes the ride out for me - I'm happy enough to go for a bimble once there but yes, this is undisputedly a social gathering!!!

Nonnie
22-02-2007, 01:58 PM
A social gathering with Sunday lunch, coffee, pudding, mints, gravy and all the things I really really like!

benson
22-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Doesn't really get much better actually does it???:biggrin:

benson
24-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Did a couple of hundred miles today, to DWR in Aylesbury, Henley on Thames, Oxford and so on - all in the showery rain and blowy wind but it gave me a bigger smile than I've had for a while - just hope that the weather holds for tomorrow's outing - and of course that the pub doesn't run out of fish and chips!!!! All being well see you all tomorrow,:ukm:

Rachel

Headhunter
24-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm back in the shire at the mo. It would have been nice to have some good company during my similar ride today.

Hope the weather's good for you tomorrow - enjoy the fish & chips!

benson
24-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Headhunter - should we be calling you Frodo then if you're in the Shire???:ukm:

Headhunter
24-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Headhunter - should we be calling you Frodo then if you're in the Shire???:ukm:

Height wise you're not far off. But I think that crown goes to Ricky :biggrin:

benson
25-02-2007, 08:03 AM
The sky is slate grey and it's hurling it down here at the moment - I'll give it until 10 AM before I decide what I'm doing but with rain like this I'd be soaked in half an hour so I may well wimp out for today? Will post again to let folks know what I'm up to

AndyP
25-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Its the same this end in case you were wondering. Pants!

benson
25-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Right then - it's now stopped and I have goretex and I'm not afraid (well...:dizzy: ) and Slob has offered me a lift because he's nice... However - I'm off for petrol and will decide on the way whether it's two wheels or four - but I need that lunch and I want to see my mates!!!!! I'm on my way - one way or another!!!!!

Mand
25-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Right then - it's now stopped and I have goretex and I'm not afraid (well...:dizzy: ) and Slob has offered me a lift because he's nice... However - I'm off for petrol and will decide on the way whether it's two wheels or four - but I need that lunch and I want to see my mates!!!!! I'm on my way - one way or another!!!!!

You may just see us too! In four wheels though.

benson
25-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry we didn't see you Mand - and pleased to see so many other folks too!!!!!

I have actually turned into "sub aqua benson" during the day however - having ridden the roads, which I do believe were half submerged, in and out of Orford there is nowhere that Frank and I dare not go - when I got home he looked like he'd ridden along a beach!!!! I had no idea ducati's were so good under water!!! Made me smile though, because on the way back there was a datsun cherry marooned in the big puddle/lake I rode through and I offered the woman a ride over on the bike but she refused!!!!:idea:

So - were home again and dry enough - thank god for goretex and of course central heating and big bath full of hot water!!!

LOVELY to see you all today - hope you got home safe and sound and enjoyed your cake in Snape - I am off to pretend to do the work I have to do for tomorrow and then watch TV and no doubt fall fast asleep!!!!

Happy monstering and see you all soon

xxxxxxx

slob
25-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Another fine lunch.
Big thanks to Nonnie and ED for saving us when the c*r gave up.

Grumpy
25-02-2007, 06:44 PM
hi folks, well the water wings worked for the return journey out of Orfford, although by the time I had arrived in Ipswich the rain had stopped and a'dry line' was appearing on the road to Sudbury, so the appropriate riding style was adapted!!
Great to met you all at last, and looking forward to the next outing of team crumble!:mand: :mand:

slob
25-02-2007, 06:48 PM
...and thanks to PD for feeding us while we waited for rescue.

benson
25-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh no - do I smell a car shaped disaster??? Hope you all got home OK anyway - and good to meet some new face(s) as well as the usual suspects!!! Another fine lunch doth call I do believe - let's plan one in March perhaps the Sunday the 18th???

Take care all and Bognor beware!!!!!:eyepopping:

Nonnie
25-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Nice avatar Mr Slob.

I am a hero! There is nothing Shiraz Woman cannot do. I can fight crime from the comfort of my own home, rescue submerged vehicles with a mere flicking movement of one arm and say **** at the dinner table and not get into trouble!

Grumpy
26-02-2007, 06:33 PM
march 18th, sounds like a plan! & i will have the s4 on the road, promise!!

benson
26-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi again James - I remembered a proper name that wasn't a screen name!!!!!:biggrin: REALLY lovely the Guzzi you own too - I do however believe I'd need an arm extension kit for riding it!!!!!:)

The 18th is beginning to sound like a plan - maybe we could go to the seaside - maybe even Sarfend for chips??? (not that I am a woman obsessed you understand....)