PDA

View Full Version : Popping back before I naff off again

jill
16-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi All

If any of you remember me, I was at the UKMOC Trackday last June. Generally easy to spot as the slowest rolling chicane on the track - 'Senna' 620. My husband was also at the track day, showing me how it should be done.

Not long after the track day I went and got pregnant. No link as far as I know! Husband sold his bike and so, I guess I better bite the bullet and sell mine too. I'm due in April and am hoping to emmigrate to Aus this year, I had planned to take the bike with me, but...ah well.

(The bike will be up on the For Sale section in a week or so, but if anyone is interested, PM me. 2003 620Sie, Senna grey, minty clean, standard pipes plus, Ducati carbon low level AND Akropovic full system hi level for trackday all to be included, plus sexy sport rearsets, the rest all fully standard, including its arse-end, very low mileage, about 5000 miles, heated garage, loved and missed already! Only thing it needs is new tyres, they're knackered, and a new home.)

Just wanted to ensure I said thanks for everyone's help over the last couple of years and I'm sorry I never got to meet most of you in person.

Cheers
Jill

Bodybag
16-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Congratulations on the pregnancy and good luck with the move to Oz too.

I reckon you're probably selling at just the right time as the weathers starting to pick up now.

Phil

Nonnie
16-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Congrats Jill. You'll get another bike at some point. They do grow up you know!

jill
20-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks Phil and Nonnie.

I'm not sure I'll get another bike in Oz to be honest. It's too hot, they drive like grannies and there are roos in the road! Might get a track bike though, that'd be fun. (Filly Pie Land here I come.) The cost of Ducatis in Oz must be quite amusing too!

And Nonnie - they do grow up? I bloody well hope so. It's causing all this trouble and it's not even here yet!

Cheers
Jill

singletrack
20-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I remember you Jill - you were the only person on track who was as slow as me :look:

Congrats on the pregnancy and the move to Oz - it's a shame you are going to sell the bike, but probably the right thing at the moment.

My kids are 17 1nd 15 and haven't "grown up" yet! GOOD LUCK!

mrtony
20-02-2007, 01:35 PM
MONSTER

M 620 Av. in Learner Legal Version ACT, NSW, TAS, SA
2007 AU$ 12795.00
NZ$ -
2007 AU$ 12995.00
NZ$ -
M S2R 800
2007 AU$ 14995.00
NZ$ -
M S2R 1000
2007 AU$ 16995.00
NZ$ -
S4R Testastretta
2007 AU$ 19995.00
NZ$ -
M S4Rs Testastretta
2007 AU$ 23995.00
NZ$ -

No idea what that is in proper money!!

Found it here... http://www.ducati.com.au/MOnster.php

Mand
20-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I remember you too! I wish you all the very best with baby and Australia.

Mand :bunny:

Nonnie
20-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks Phil and Nonnie.

I'm not sure I'll get another bike in Oz to be honest. It's too hot, they drive like grannies and there are roos in the road! Might get a track bike though, that'd be fun. (Filly Pie Land here I come.) The cost of Ducatis in Oz must be quite amusing too!

And Nonnie - they do grow up? I bloody well hope so. It's causing all this trouble and it's not even here yet!

Cheers
Jill

Ah they do grow up and quicker than you will think possible. My oldest is 12 and comes on the back with me sometimes. My youngest is 6 and I've a middle one too.
One day, one, maybe even two or three of them are going to ask me for the keys.

Mand
20-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Ah they do grow up and quicker than you will think possible. My oldest is 12 and comes on the back with me sometimes. My youngest is 6 and I've a middle one too.
One day, one, maybe even two or three of them are going to ask me for the keys.

I take my lad who is 14 on the back of the Monster, he is 6ft 2in and quite frankly it is quite possibly the only time I wish I had a 1000cc or similar!

I took him up to Six Hills last summer and some guy asked him if the Monster was his bike and thought I was his pillion. :biggrin:

Now that made me feel old!

jill
20-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, MrTony, that starts about £5150. Not bad!

Thanks for reminding me singletrack! I was fast round the corners, slow on the straights. I do have to say though, it improved my on-road riding no end. And it was fun, which was the main point.

I am sick to be selling it. It was my third bike and it fitted me so perfectly, I can't even bear to go to the garage and look at it!

Still, it'll be all worthwhile when I pop the next Mick Doohan! Or the first female equivalent.

jill
20-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I take my lad who is 14 on the back of the Monster, he is 6ft 2in and quite frankly it is quite possibly the only time I wish I had a 1000cc or similar!

I took him up to Six Hills last summer and some guy asked him if the Monster was his bike and thought I was his pillion. :biggrin:

Now that made me feel old!

I don't think that should have made you feel old, just that the bloke assumed a girly wouldn't be driving your bike! 6ft 2 at 14? Blimey, what have you been feeding him?

Mand
20-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think that should have made you feel old, just that the bloke assumed a girly wouldn't be driving your bike! 6ft 2 at 14? Blimey, what have you been feeding him?

He had a bit of a head start on the other babies, he was 11lb 12oz when he was born. :)

He never stops eating and there isn't an ounce of fat on him either. Size 12 feet as well and as daft as a brush. :chuckle:

jill
20-02-2007, 02:35 PM
He had a bit of a head start on the other babies, he was 11lb 12oz when he was born. :)

He never stops eating and there isn't an ounce of fat on him either. Size 12 feet as well and as daft as a brush. :chuckle:

:eyepopping: Telling pregnant women that such monster babies exist is just cruel Mand!!!

squiffything
20-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Nah I can't agree with you my mums son was over 11lb when he was born and now he's only 5'6 and he still hasn't grown up either and he's now 40!!!

Good luck in oz and i was the one at the track day that you overtook

jill
20-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Nah I can't agree with you my mums son was over 11lb when he was born and now he's only 5'6 and he still hasn't grown up either and he's now 40!!!

Good luck in oz and i was the one at the track day that you overtook

Squiffything; I over took you, really? Were you breaking down, or did you have a puncture?

(No really, please can we stop mentioning outlandishly large babies!):chuckle:

Mand
20-02-2007, 02:54 PM
:eyepopping: Telling pregnant women that such monster babies exist is just cruel Mand!!!

Sorry! Don't worry my girlie was only 7lb 6oz and is now 17 and quite petite.

I believe my son is just a freak of nature! :p

squiffything
20-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Squiffything; I over took you, really? Were you breaking down, or did you have a puncture?

(No really, please can we stop mentioning outlandishly large babies!):chuckle:

You must have everybody overtook me! That said I did have one heck of a good day.

As for large babies they're no trouble as they give the doctors more to grab hold of when pulling them out hee hee hee