PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring

Banshee
15-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Any of you lot fancy a ride out to above mentioned?
I was thinking of doing it properly with a support van (in the bag) to carry kit and give a little peace of mind incase of breakdown and so on.

Elmo and I are going to go and if you care to join us on a 3 day road trip let us know.

I was thinkin late this summer, Elmo is thinkin early next..

Any intrest tips or ideas?

Banshee. xx

slob
15-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I might be interested in either possibility.

Elmo
15-02-2007, 09:37 PM
have a look http://www.nuerburgring.de/home/index.html?L=1

Elmo
15-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Me my self would prefer next year would give my wife time to get used to the idea:dizzy:

sidrat
15-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Not sure i am ready to go again yet, managed to close it for the afteroon last time i went with a broken back in two places and a written off bike and a 9 day stay in hospital and you should have seen the other guy!!! still managed to get onto a couple of canonball dvds.....

slob
15-02-2007, 09:43 PM
After talking to Mav from the other channel, I was considering this
http://www.thenurburgringexperience.co.uk/site/bike_trip.htm
of course it's probably possible to do it cheaper if you have your own van, mates etc. etc. and you'll still need to find the stops and stuff.

Bodybag
15-02-2007, 10:49 PM
If you take a van you can take proper man sized camping gear. Inevitably it'll stay firmly esconced in its bag as you'd get too drunk to put it up overnight, but at least you'd know you have it to sleep on in the back of the van. :mand:

sadbiker
16-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Don't go on a weekend.. And make sure the track isn't already booked. One point to note is if you come off you pay for everything, breakdown truck, damage to anything and I do wonder how medical bills are sorted.. And to top it you can even get arrested for dangerous driving. Last year a bike came down and was run over by a car, car driver was arrested.

The couple of times we have been over to the track to watch we have seen it closed a few times in just 1 hour due to accidents. We have seen bits off bikes taken off and ambulances rushing out. SO BE CAREFULL. Its not you, you can get the worst drivers in the world going round, and speed with bad driving doesn't mix.

I have been on the track once and enjoyed it, rules tend to be keep to the far right if your going to go slow, otherwise watch out for cars up your a*** and taxis. I even had trouble getting past a tow truck as it was using all the track going into a set of bends. Both me and a friend did it at same time and we had cameras fitted (a big no no), his footage showed a old astra right up my backend, bascially if I had misgeared it I would have been a pancake.
Don't be frightened to admit it if you are crapping yourself once on it, stick to far right and be as safe as you can.

Don't know if I will bother again as I seem to have problems just keeping upright on normal roads let alone on a track,.

****en is down the road on the Mosel, Personal I prefere Bernkastelen, nice atmosphere. But have a few friends who have stayed at nearby hotels to the track.

psychlist
19-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm going with Mav and a few others in early May and there's still a few spaces available if anyone's interested? Another trip I put together with him and some mates from the DSC is full at the end of May and he's getting booked up for the summer. I'm going out again in August and we're looking at a trip down to Monaco in September, check out www.nurburgringexperience.co.uk :thumbsup: