PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy April 1st?

slob
15-02-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21086

Headhunter
15-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd be up for it, Slob. May struggle to get up that early on a Sunday, but what the hell.

Looks like it'd be a good day out.

slob
15-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, if you struggle to get up, I'll be happy to wait for you there.

I'm sure we could leave at a sensible-ish time and still have brekkie at 10ish.

Shandy
15-02-2007, 08:51 PM
That will probably tie in with us lot, i can't imagine we will all get up that early either :biggrin:

Headhunter
15-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm sure we could leave at a sensible-ish time and still have brekkie at 10ish.

Sounds like a plan. Think I saw Katana say he'd be up for it as well on the main thread.

Bodybag
15-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Who's April? And I'll go first (unless she's butt ugly!!) :mand:

benson
16-02-2007, 08:41 AM
If it's not utterly cold and horrid count me in too!!!

I am increasingly reliable in the mornings and working towards almost being trustworthy at time keeping!!!!!:drunk:

CK & AK
16-02-2007, 09:55 AM
If it's not utterly cold and horrid count me in too!!!

I am increasingly reliable in the mornings and working towards almost being trustworthy at time keeping!!!!!:drunk:

sorry? :confused:

Do we know you? ;)

Our Rachel is reliably unreliable usually at 'mornings' events :D

benson
16-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Slander I say - slander!!!! I'm actually totally reliable... well - a bit more than I used to be!!! I know it's a while off but I'll just go set the alarm now.....:dizzy:

And just you wait and see - I'll be at a few of those Desmo Due events with my thermos flask - the Mrs Overall of the UKMOC.....

:ukm:

Bodybag
16-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Slander I say - slander!!!! I'm actually totally reliable... well - a bit more than I used to be!!! I know it's a while off but I'll just go set the alarm now.....:dizzy:

And just you wait and see - I'll be at a few of those Desmo Due events with my thermos flask - the Mrs Overall of the UKMOC.....

:ukm:

You going to arrive to help people pack up? Although, who am I to talk?!

benson
16-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Probably Phil yes!!!!! But I'll do my beast to watch a few races this year - i really enjoyed reading about them last year and feel myself inspeired to brave an early morning and haul myself off somewhere to watch peiople more brave and skilled than I hurtle at speed round tracks....(The go for chips on the way home)

katana
16-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Well all being well I'll be in a car.

You may bask in my aura.

neilp
16-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Well all being well I'll be in a car.

You may bask in my aura.

Is that a Fiat aura?

squiffything
16-02-2007, 03:41 PM
if you can bask in it then it must be one of those soft top jobbies although if its a fiat then it'll be all rusty

katana
16-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Is that a Fiat aura?

Or maybe a ferrari aura, 360 degrees of aura.

squiffything
16-02-2007, 03:43 PM
by the way i hope to be able to make it for the first.

katana
16-02-2007, 03:44 PM
if you can bask in it then it must be one of those soft top jobbies although if its a fiat then it'll be all rusty

**** off:mand:

squiffything
16-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Or maybe a ferrari aura, 360 degrees of aura.

ahhh aura exotica

stduc
17-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Hello,Hello,Hello I'm somewhat new to this site having only been on it once before a few months back. I'm from Denver, Colorado U.S.A and I have accepted an offer of employment from Lister InHealth to provide my services as an MRI technologist on Mobile MRI scanners throughout,what I believe will be East or South London area. My arrival date is the 24th of April. After finding a place to stay I will be shipping over my S4r (04). I hope that the place I find to stay has a safe place to park my bike. Any thoughts out there on how to best secure a bike? I also can't wait to join up with you my fellow Monster riders and have you show me some great riding areas in the UK. I also hope to attend as many MotoGP,WSB and BSB events that my employment will allow. Any and all suggestions and advice that anyone has that may help me in my transition from the U.S to the U.K would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Mark LaMotte
Denver,Colorado U.S.A
E-Mail STDUC@aol.com

Bodybag
17-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Hello mate.

Most important thing to remember is this:

WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT!!!! :mand:

Forget that one and you'll know about it pretty quickly!!

Where are you actually going to be working? Most Americans I know believe that a hundred mile radius of Central London is still London. in England, everything is done on a smaller scale, so 100 miles away is a long way to us. There's are plenty of Londoners on the site who'll be able to give you information on where to spend and where costs how much etc.

Hope to meet up with you soon as I'm (only) 40 miles from London.

Phil

slob
17-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Any thoughts out there on how to best secure a bike?

In a locked brick garage at night/with alarm and additional lock(s) on the street.

180lbs of hairy biker sitting on the thing puts most crooks off though.

benson
17-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Welcome (nearly) to the UK and

as Phil said - drive on the left,

as Slob said a garage helps but in my case, my bikes have lived happily outside my house on the front drive in east London for nearly 5 years now without a whiff of trouble or theft and I'm not 180 lbs (yet) or all that hairy (no - definitely not) - hmm - was that just the kiss of death???

There are a fair few of usin London and we're a friendly bunch so when you get here give us a shout!

Take it easy and look forward to meeting you,

Benson (aka Rachel)

Gadget
18-02-2007, 09:33 AM
I have just looked at the menu for breakfast it ends like this.

Dark chocolate tart

Cinnamon eggy bread with mascarpone and raspberry

I'll be going...:D

Bodybag
18-02-2007, 09:54 AM
...my bikes have lived happily outside my house on the front drive in east London for nearly 5 years now without a whiff of trouble or theft and I'm not 180 lbs (yet) or all that hairy (no - definitely not) - hmm - was that just the kiss of death???(aka Rachel)

You know whats going to happen now don't you?! Your bikes will disappear and in the huge depression that follows you'll turn into a 180lb hairy woman. :(

scrumpster
18-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Probably Phil yes!!!!! But I'll do my beast to watch a few races this year - i really enjoyed reading about them last year and feel myself inspeired to brave an early morning and haul myself off somewhere to watch peiople more brave and skilled than I hurtle at speed round tracks....(The go for chips on the way home)

You could always come and stop here on the Saturday night and I'll come to it with you?

stduc
18-02-2007, 03:53 PM
As of now I'm not certain where I'll be living. I'm told that once I arrive I have my pick of where to live as long as it is in the area of Hospitals that the mobile MRI scanner will be servicing. I understand that leasing a flat is rather expensive compared to what it would cost here in the states. Any leasing agents out there who could shed some light on this. It's just myself and a Ducati S4R that need a home.

Bodybag
18-02-2007, 04:07 PM
You really need to know where you'll be working before you look at places to live.

benson
18-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh no - mystic Phil has prediceted I cahnge sex and gain 40 lbs!!!:eyepopping: :dizzy: :eyepopping:

I take it back - I never said anything about my bikes living outside happily - no - not a word!!!

benson
18-02-2007, 06:11 PM
And now having read Scrumps's post - yes please - I'll drive down on the Saturday night and stay with you hon - then we can go together!!!

Hurrah - and Gadget's already been on the menu and made me want to start counting the days until brekkie!!!