View Full Version : Goodwood Breakfast Club - 1st April

SazzaG
15-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi all you Sussexites out there,

Thanks to Nattyboy for telling us about this:

Sunday 1st April - Goodwood Breakfast Club -
'Forza Italia – Italian brio – from scooters to supercars'
Any Italian-built vehicle welcome, from Lambretta to Lamborghini

I think my Lamborghini might be in the garage that day, so I think this is a fine excuse to go on our monsters and show everyone what Italian styling is all about!

It starts at 8.30am, and goes on 'til noon.

I suggest we meet at Bury Hill at 8.00am, and go from there. I know it's a long way off, so timings might change. I'll remind everyone about this closer to the date.

The clocks will have gone forward by then, and I'm sure the sun will be out, so there are no excuses for us to not have a decent turnout!

Our esteemed leader (JMo) may be in far flung parts by then, so I'll arrange the rideout if she's not around.

Saz

Manda
15-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Im up for that

barbican
15-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes me too....

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Right peeps,

It looks like the other regions are aiming for a 10.00 meet at Goodwood, so let's do the same.

Here's the plan:

Meet at Bury Hill car park for 9.30, then the quick scoot over to Goodwood. Meet up with any others there, maybe have some brekkie, then after a good goggle at the italian cars and bikes, we'll head for a nice pub lunch somewhere.

Saz

slob
11-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Do we have to pre-book at Goodwood, or is it a just show up and scoff deal?

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Show up and scoff, Slob. Apparently the queues for brekkie can be massive though, so maybe we should bring out own just in case!

I wonder if they have "italian only" parking. Didge will have to park in the naughty corner. Mind you, that might not be such a bad thing anyway...

benson
11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm up for this too - hoping to scrounge a floor with Scrumpster the night before so it won't be such a long schlepp early in the morning!!!:thumbsup:

Pedro
11-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Me too, I'll round up the Swindon reprobates and bring them to Bury Hill or Goodwood direct

Ped

gary tompkins
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
May be a small invasion of the Kent variety - weather permitting ;)

Albie
11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Could be up for this. May be the 748 though. I have only ridden it 4 times in 6 months.:scratch: :scratch: :thumbsdown: :D

Melnie Mouse
17-03-2007, 10:14 AM
yeah i'm coming too!

Headhunter
17-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Is there a meeting point for the London contingent? If not, I'll head down to Bury Hill wherever it may be.

Melnie Mouse
17-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Is there a meeting point for the London contingent? If not, I'll head down to Bury Hill wherever it may be.

i imagine the surrey lot will meet at Box hill, who's the rep and ask them, and then you can convoy down to bury which is near goodwood anyway and all go together...

Melnie Mouse
17-03-2007, 11:59 AM

oh and bury is near Arundel if you know where that is...

squiffything
17-03-2007, 12:23 PM

Looks like the Eastern division are meeting up at the services at the A12/M25 junction if you wanna meet up with us and ride in.

benson
17-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Sorry I won't be part of the en masse ride in but I'll be blagging a floor from Scumps the night before and hoping to eat my weight in gourmet brekkies!!!

Melnie Mouse
17-03-2007, 12:53 PM
yeah be great, can't wait to see you and be right laugh, so many monsters too yeahhhhh

Headhunter
17-03-2007, 01:07 PM
oh and bury is near Arundel if you know where that is...

Cheers Melnie Mouse - Now I know.

Looks like the Eastern division are meeting up at the services at the A12/M25 junction if you wanna meet up with us and ride in.

Cheers Squiffything - Sounds like a good plan - love riding through Central London when it's really early too, so would kill two birds with one stone. What time are you guys/gals meeting there? Guessing it's the Bibbeys cafe place.

Humbucker
17-03-2007, 01:09 PM

Headhunter, i know a few on here were taliking about meeting on the A12 / M25 junction including myself. If you fancy doing that, just PM me or post nearer the time.

Cheers

Headhunter
17-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Cheers Humbucker. Think I'll head up to A12/M25 even if it means I'll be coming back the way I came 30 mins earlier. Is great fun riding through the City/Central London when nobody else is about.

Will PM you and squiffything closer the time. Catch you guys soon.

jerry
22-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Think I might turn up and annoy u all ,

JMo
27-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Just a reminder to all Sussexites (and anyone heading in this direction en route) that Saz & Rog will be back from their Baboon baiting in time for this jolly, and the plan is to meet at Bury Hill at 9.30 (or a bit before if you want a quick cuppa), then head over to Goodwood to arrive by 10am there...

Wey hey!

xxx

ps. anyone planning on making a day of it, we know a nice pub for lunch not too far away...

Gim
28-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Just a reminder to all Sussexites (and anyone heading in this direction en route) that Saz & Rog will be back from their Baboon baiting in time for this jolly, and the plan is to meet at Bury Hill at 9.30 (or a bit before if you want a quick cuppa), then head over to Goodwood to arrive by 10am there...

Wey hey!

xxx

ps. anyone planning on making a day of it, we know a nice pub for lunch not too far away...

Excellent ! :thumbsup:

Lets hope it dont rain...looking a bit iffy

Gim
30-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Might have someone on an R6 in tow...think she might be converted once she sees all these fine italian steeds !

squiffything
30-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Might have someone on an R6 in tow...think she might be converted once she sees all these fine italian steeds !

Hear that shrek he called me a steed :cool:

SazzaG
30-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I'M BACK!!

Did you miss me?

Looks like we could have a good turnout - forecast seems a bit mixed, so I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow.

Must got to bed now, as I've been up since 9pm last night UK time. Zzzzzzz.

Saz - the not very wild woman of Borneo

JMo
31-03-2007, 12:36 AM
... I bought a new hat specially, so it better NOT rain!

xxx

Melnie Mouse
31-03-2007, 08:21 AM
... I bought a new hat specially, so it better NOT rain!

xxx

why who's getting married?

Zimbo
31-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Weather looking great for tomorrow

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tomorrow.asp?zipcode=chichester

sadbiker
03-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I have put a thread on with a link to photos uploaded from Goodwood, Might be worth peeps putting any photos onto this thread with any comments.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=21836

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21836