PDA

View Full Version : Rally in June

Lost Again
14-02-2007, 12:49 PM
To anyone thats interested...

My uni bike club has just booked dates for our 2nd annual rally. It'll be held just outside Huddersfield on the weekend of 8th-10th of June. Its only a fairly small scale thing. We've only been running as a club for a little over a year and a half. For our 1st attempt last year we had around 100 people, this year we're hoping to get to 150ish.
Details are a little sketchy at the moment but its likely to be around £8 a ticket to include camping for the weekend (no B&B I'm afraid), a live band on the Sat. night, possibly 2 bands. BBQ on the Sat. night and theres been mention of bonfire and fireworks just for fun. Theres a reasonably priced bar on site (bloody cheap actually) open until late.

If anyones interested I'll post some proper details as and when I get them. (i.e. when me and me mates organise it)

Ben

Scotty
14-02-2007, 02:01 PM
will there be plenty of young and impresionable women about ?

Lost Again
14-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I hope so, I'm gonna do my god damn best to make sure there is!

Bodybag
14-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Count me in!!! :mand:

Darry
14-02-2007, 03:21 PM
will there be plenty of young, impresionable, single and desperate(for bodybag) women about ? :biggrin:

Bodybag
14-02-2007, 04:15 PM
will there be plenty of young, impresionable, single and desperate(for bodybag) women about ? :biggrin:

Its OK mate, I'll send the desperate ones your way. Women either love me or hate me and the select few who love me keep the reasons a secret so nobody tries to steal me. :mand:

Lost Again
14-02-2007, 05:19 PM

If theres any that are that desperate I'll be intercepting them first!

Bodybag
14-02-2007, 05:26 PM
If theres any that are that desperate I'll be intercepting them first!

Will your bike be ready in time for June? Don't you students have to spend all your student grant on lentils, weed and White Lightning cider?

Lost Again
14-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Actually its more like takeaway, weed and lager but I'll let you off with that. I'm guessing you're quite out of touch with the youth of today.....

Bike will deff be ready well before then, otherwise I'll have trouble getting to the weekender! Engines with Ducati John at the minute and once thats back its just the litlle bits and peices.

sadbiker
15-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Where near Huddy? I sort of know the area specially slugwait....

Guzzirider
15-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Bugger! I will be abroad on the bike that weekend! If you post some details, I'll forward them on to any Huddersfield bikers I know.

gjfevans
15-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Bugger!! I will be in Catalunya for the MotoGP

jerry
16-02-2007, 12:52 AM
Why dont u desperate guys take a trip to Phillipines or thailand , lots of nice ,beautiful ladies looking for decent guys to love .

jerry

Lost Again
16-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Where near Huddy? I sort of know the area specially slugwait....

It'll be about 5 miles outside Hudds. Its actually in the grounds of Storthes Hall student village near Kirkburton. Don't worry, our site is all seperated off and nearly all of the students have buggered off by then anyways (sorry bodybag).

Lost Again
16-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Bugger! I will be abroad on the bike that weekend! If you post some details, I'll forward them on to any Huddersfield bikers I know.

Cheers mate, that would be great.
If any of them are interested theres always a few of us either in The New Wharf on Firth street on a wed night with the Hudds MAG lot or in Warehouse in town on a thurs night with our uni club. Either that or I'll get more details on here closer to the time.

Guzzirider
16-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Cheers mate, that would be great.
If any of them are interested theres always a few of us either in The New Wharf on Firth street on a wed night with the Hudds MAG lot or in Warehouse in town on a thurs night with our uni club. Either that or I'll get more details on here closer to the time.

I pop down to the New Wharf from time to time- did you do the pirate party the other night?

gjfevans
16-02-2007, 11:04 PM
maybe we should meet up there one wed night?

Lost Again
19-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Missed out on the pirate thing, had been out the night before and was still hungover then had to ride to Newcastle 1st thing sun morn so thought i best not.
Meeting up at some point sounds good. As I said I'm down there near enough every week but still on my GS at the min unfortuneatly.

On a different note, do either of you know of anyone that rides a silver 'busa turbo. Was sitting outside Nont sarahs after a quick play to Denshaw yest afternoon and it came past 2 up on the back wheel setting off car alarms as it went. Saw it in Hudds a little later. I want it!!