PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Moment

DukeChick620
14-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi all, well I think I and my husband had quite a blonde moment when we bought the monster. So I may need a little help. The bike was registered in 2002 so we foolishly presumed that it was a 620, as thats the year they started to make them I believe. I also believ that the 2001 was carbed and 2002 was Fuel injected? Well it has no 620 markings on it, the V5 says 600cc and the engine/frame numbers both contain 600 in them. I'm not too bothered if it is the 600, it would just be nice to know :confused: . So what are the major ways of telling the difference between the 600/620 01/02 bikes? Baring in mind im not too technically minded when it comes to bikes and hubby has never owned a ducati, however he is farely technically minded when it comes to bikes. Many thanks all. Jacqui. :biggrin:

slob
14-02-2007, 12:20 AM
The year it was registered is not neccessarily the year it was manufactured. The 620 is indeed injected, the 600 carbed. HAS IT GOT CARBS? is the killer question. If that's it in your avatar, it looks as though it has although it's hard to be sure from such a small picture. I haven't seen a 620 dark with silver frame and wheels before but that doesn't neccesarilly mean the factory didn't ever produce an odd one.
Also, is there an imobiliser built into the clocks, do the needles do a 'sweep' of the dials when you first turn the key? If not, it ain't an 'ie' model. Plus your avatar shows rear suspension with a hoop not a tie-rod, which says 600 not 620 to me.

DukeChick620
14-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Thank you so much. No it doesnt do the sweep so its the 600dark. Well atleast thats one problem solved. SO it will be a 2001 model I take it? Just i'm looking at these so I need to know really. Sound reasonable and the right ones lol.:dizzy: :ukm: Thank you, Jacqui

DukeChick620
14-02-2007, 12:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230091828276&rd=1&rd=1 Helps if I add the link lol... it really is one of those weeks!

Zimbo
14-02-2007, 06:23 AM
As far as I know Jacqui the monster cans will fit both the 600 and 620 so it shouldn't matter either way.
Also have a look for Ducati Performance (DP) or Leo Vince cans, both are if anything better quality and sound great too.

benson
14-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Don't worry about the blonde moments - it's when they last more than a day... :dizzy:

ANYWAY - I have an 01 manufactured 900ie dark (not that it has the original paint scheme or indeed registration anymore...) on an 02 registration and though injected and it doesn't have the injected sweeping clocks - just to confuse matters - I think it was whatever was left in the factory on that particular Friday! In your case though it looks like the carbed moodel and the V5 tends to be right!

The DP cans on mine are great - and of course the extra noise is a safelty feature!!!

Enjoy it whatever model it is - the carbed 600 is a gerat bike, I loved mine to bits, until I rode Fatblokes 900 and then I was sold....:ukm:

kaysee
14-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Jacqui, when you bought your bike, how was it advertised? was it sold as a 620ie or a 600. If it turns out to be a 600 but sold as a 620 I would go back and complain under the sale of goods act.

You may also want to let your insurance company know the correct model details.

DukeChick620
14-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Yeah gonna sort out the insurance today... hopefully should reduce it lol. Yeah I cant find the advert but it must have been advertised as the 600. Its just me being blonde. Ive heard bout SIL and my hubby has heard of LeoVince, but I love the sound and the look of the ones I heard. Do you think the ones i'm looking at are a good price? And how much am I looking at for SIL's/LeoVince's?????

Pedro
14-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Deffo a 600 as it has the hoop on the rear suspension!.

Try Spareshack for exhausts - Stu has a good range and gives discount to club members.

DukeChick620
14-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Cheers for the link pedro. Quite like the sils, but it would definately have to be the high level round ones. I'm gonna try the termis ive found first.... see how high the bidding goes then if its too much i'll go for the sils. Many thanks.

kaysee
14-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Oval Sils, look like original and sound sweet, and bolt straight on.
Spareshack should be able to get them.