PDA

View Full Version : Hello to Everyone in Metropolis

J.P
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I delivered my bike to Metropolis in Vauxhall this morning to get the 600 mile service out of the way and was amazed to see the number of Monsters & sports bikes lined up out back just like me.
Hello to you all.

And I couldn't resist having another look at the 1098 while I was there.

Darry
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I delivered my bike to Metropolis in Vauxhall this morning to get the 600 mile service out of the way and was amazed to see the number of Monsters & sports bikes lined up out back just like me.

They're all returns from the people dissatisfied with the service! :biggrin:

Darry.

Kato
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Hello to you all.

And I couldn't resist having another look at the 1098 while I was there.

Don't what ever you do let them touch it, if they have not started already go and get it back NOW......:running: :running: :running:

J.P
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Seems to be the trend for people's views on Metropolis. Don't you worry I'm only there this time as it was part of the discount when I bought my bike. I'll be taking it to Rosso Corse I think from now on, they get very good feedback.

Headhunter
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
They're all returns from the people dissatisfied with the service! :biggrin:

Darry.

Sooo true. Metropolis reminds of the Johnny Cash song "A boy named sue."

Anything but!

Kato
12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Seems to be the trend for people's views on Metropolis. Don't you worry I'm only there this time as it was part of the discount when I bought my bike. I'll be taking it to Rosso Corse I think from now on, they get very good feedback.

Ah but its only a discount if you don't end up spending ££££££££££'s putting it right again..:scratch: :scratch:

slob
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
...and of course it's a new bike, so going to an official dealer for servicing makes it a hell of a lot easier if you need to make a warranty claim. The minute the warranty's gone, I'd be down to Rosso Corse like a shot though.

Paivi
12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
JP: Rosso Corse, although by all accounts very very good, are not authorised, so should something break on your bike, Ducati is going to walk away and not honour the warranty claim. For the first two years (probably only two services) get it done an authorised dealer, then go independent. For little tweaks, by all means go to Rosso Corse or any of the other London independents, but I'd suggest you try Brett at Daytona King's Cross for your next warranty service. More expensive than Metropolis but I think he actually cares about the bikes he services.

GULLY
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Hi J.P

You should check out Steve Randle in Borough Green (2 mins away from the Oakdene). I use him and so do some of the guys in Kent. You can trust him and he is reliable and very fairly priced.
If the bike does not need it, he will not do it. He really knows his stuff.:thumbsup:
He is ex-Pro Twins :hail: and has always got at least two Dukes in his garage (at the moment mine and Gary N's). If you ever need his number just PM me but I have posted his number on the forum lately.
Cheers
Gully

Bodybag
12-02-2007, 10:35 PM
JP: Rosso Corse, although by all accounts very very good, are not authorised, so should something break on your bike, Ducati is going to walk away and not honour the warranty claim. For the first two years (probably only two services) get it done an authorised dealer, then go independent. For little tweaks, by all means go to Rosso Corse or any of the other London independents, but I'd suggest you try Brett at Daytona King's Cross for your next warranty service. More expensive than Metropolis but I think he actually cares about the bikes he services.

Chaos inc from here works at Daytona Kings Cross. They're official Ducati Dealers I believe so could do your servicing for you. They're literally 30 seconds walk from the station too so dead handy for dropping the bike off and going on to work etc.

J.P
13-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks for all the advice. Luckily the first one's out of the way so it'll be a long time before I need to find this thread next year.
And you are all right about Metropolis, Asked them to look at the headlight alignment while it was in because of the fairing I put on and they forgot. Your bike is a number, not a machine...

Paivi
13-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Chaos inc from here works at Daytona Kings Cross. They're official Ducati Dealers I believe so could do your servicing for you. They're literally 30 seconds walk from the station too so dead handy for dropping the bike off and going on to work etc.

They are indeed. Nobody but Brett gets to do my services. Unfortunately not open at weekends, but I'd still rather take a couple of hours off in the morning than trust anybody else with the Duchess.