PDA

View Full Version : Something you probably knew already!

bigredduke
10-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Whether you drive a car or ride a bike or both, you may find this article interesting and depressing at the same time.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/02/10/mrmike10.xml

Bodybag
10-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Better get my horse back from the ex-wife then!!

Mr C
10-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Its F**king Discusting, Atleast **** Turpin wore a mask

gremlin
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Where will the black box go on the horse then? It's emissions are going to be as bad as a car. Apparantly cows produce more greenhouse gases than cars. I'm surprised they haven't taxed them. Perhaps another big demo is in order although livelihood march did sod all, and the petition on road pricing is being ignored. The fuel demo a few years ago did help. Just park large vehicles on all exits and entries on the M25 for a day that would cause a bit of grief. Gim where's your tractor?!! Daren't think what we'll be charged for the landy. Our gas guzzling 32 to the gallon when fully loaded plague of the earth.

Yorkie
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
It was on the news that over 1 million people had signed the online petition to prevent this from happening!

However the government said it was unlikely that public opinion would change the moves to introduce the tax!

All please vote to get this scumbag out, please!

B Liar get a head check!!!

Yorkie.

mrtony
10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
"However the government said it was unlikely that public opinion would change the moves to introduce the tax!"

Then maybe the public opinion needs to remember that sometimes it needs to shout a little LOUDER,like they did when Mrs. T introduceed the Poll Tax!:nash:
Governments are elected to serve the people,not control the people.
And the people need to remember that.

One million signatures aint many when there are around 30million drivers/riders in this country.
Apathy is our worst enemy,lets hope Orwells 1984 was just a novel and not a prediction!

Bring on the Revolution!!:thumbsup:

gremlin
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
The more I see the more 1984 seems to be coming true. Perhaps we'll end up with chips in us next, under the guise of keeping hospital records up to date. They usually use a legit excuse to curb our freedoms. You only have to look at the number of cameras, (to ensure public safety) using your loyalty card means they can keep tabs on what you buy and how much you spend, if you spend more than your declared income you're in the wotsit. Libraries now keep tabs on what you're reading, I guess if you take out the wrong type of book they'll look closer at you, even what you look up on the internet, or talk to your friends about is monitored. The new cameras in cats eyes will, with the help of the black boxes keep tabs on where you are and how fast you're driving. It's all getting very scary.