PDA

View Full Version : Next month's ride magazine

Headhunter
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Just got this email from Ride magazine:

The next issue (April cover date, with a glorious ZX-6R on the front) goes on sale on Feb 14th. We’re interested in knowing if you find any of the adverts in it objectionable in any way. If you do, could you please reply to this email letting us know which ads you don’t approve of (please identify them by page number). Please feel free to add any comments about why you feel this way about each advert.

Could be interesting. Is it going to be?

A - naked women (or men for the ladies out there);

B - Some shocking photo's for a safety ad;

C - Pictures of a Gilera or other monstrosity;

Answers on a postcard

slob
07-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I object to describing a ZX-6R as glorious.

Headhunter
07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I object to describing a ZX-6R as glorious.

Especially when you see photo's like this....http://atok.ifrance.com/zx6r-dans-appart-max3.jpg

SazzaG
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I want to know where they got my email address from. I haven't bought Ride for years, and certainly haven't ever given them my email address.

Ba humbug.

Melnie Mouse
07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
if they think it's going to be offensive why bother printing it then? especially if it might make people thinking about buying it or not!

queen_gpants
11-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Just been thumbing through said edition of RiDE, the only ad I could find that might be considered objectionable is the full page ad for TODAYSGOLFER.CO.UK :eyepopping: as it's the April edition do you think it's an April fools day joke?

Oh and if anyone is interested they are running a 2 page rough guide to Ducati Monsters which has left me somewhat confused cos according to them the M900ie (2001-2003) came with new non adjustable forks and was only available in the UK as a monster dark....funny that cos mine is blue and the forks are definitely adjustable?

Headhunter
11-02-2007, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=queen_gpants;193029]Just been thumbing through said edition of RiDE, the only ad I could find that might be considered objectionable is the full page ad for TODAYSGOLFER.CO.UK :eyepopping: as it's the April edition do you think it's an April fools day joke?

I thought that too, but did notice the chat line :look: adverts near the back page. Not sure if they were there in previous eds? Imagine they are a good source of revenue for the magazine, as they would charge a premium to advertise them.