PDA

View Full Version : I need some Handlebar bolts!

bobob
07-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Strange request I know but when I bought my bike it was owned by a rather tall chap who popped some spacers under the handlebar brackets so as they sit higher. I now want to put them back to normal but unfortunately, and obviously, when I take the spacers out the bolts are too long!

Does anybody have a set or originals from a bike they are breaking?

Let me know if you do :mand:

Cheers!

dlloyduk
07-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Hacksaw? What length bolts do you need and what head type?

bobob
07-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Ooh blimey not sure, I can't hacksaw them as the thread doesn't go up far enough. Not sure what size they are, just the standard ones that came with the bike. I can measure them tonight when I get home though.

squiffything
07-02-2007, 09:14 AM
why not hacksaw the other end then where the thread isn't?......

:)

Kiwi
07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
take the old long bolts into any decent engineering shop and buy some new shorter shocks

they cost b*gger all

bobob
07-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Just don't get the time to go shopping these days. Was hoping that maybe someone could pop them in the post in excange for a few squid.

Can't cut them off the over end as then wouldn't have an allen head left you ninwit ;)

Zimbo
07-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Can't cut them off the over end as then wouldn't have an allen head left you ninwit ;)

Cut a bit out the middle then.

Seriously, it's a common standard bolt, just measure the length you need and order them online if you can't go to a bolt shop!

Kiwi
08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
custom fasteners do a mail order service and do stainless which never go rusty