PDA

View Full Version : What's the most insulting/inane or complimentary thing said about your Monster?

bigredduke
05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I was parked outside Rivetts bike apparel emporium in Hull when a couple of lads in their early twenties on pushbikes stopped. They had the usual acres of polyester, baseball caps & sans front teeth. It was about 11am and the smell of drink emanating from their combined direction was fearsome. They were, however, amiable and inoffensive enough.

Until one said " Cor, look at that!"
My chest swelled a little and I sat proudly astride my beauty.

"It looks like a Bandit!"

I rode off, somewhat dejected, muttering to myself.

Albie
05-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Is that a Honda. Nice though.:worried: :thumbsup:

Albie
05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Me and Gully getting ready to leave excel on saturday and an Italian took photo of my bike and says beautiful bike.

Headhunter
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Bit like Bigredduke.

Bunch of chavy kids outside a petrol station are admiring the bike and one of them says to me...."oi mate." "That's a 250 aint it!" :banghead:

GULLY
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I believe one of the words was beller (beautiful) in italian :spin:

on sat at the bike show.
some one with good tast

Pedro
05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
A couple of chavvies wander up and say "What type of Honda is that mister?"

I told em it was better than a Honda, more like a Ferrari.... job done!

sidrat
05-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Started lovely isabella and was told it sounds like a cement mixer!!!

STIVH
06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Some numpty from Ghana with a parking attendents uniform on advised me that I couldn't park my "SCOOTER" !!!!!!! On the pavement in Manchester last year.

Zimbo
06-02-2007, 07:08 AM
A fenale neighbour once asked in a worried tone after hearing my noisy clutch what was wrong withthe bike and was it serious??? :)

Mr C
06-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Someone said to me once it looks like its made from Meccano. I told him to **** off, Job done!

Chaos Inc.
06-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Got told once that if Frankenstein built a bike it would be mine. I took it as a compliment.

Guzzirider
06-02-2007, 08:07 AM
When my S4Rs was brand new and still had standard pipes one of my neighbours said it sounded like a Jap bike!

P.S. Chavs in their early twenties in Hull? They will be grandads by now!

Mand
06-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I
Until one said " Cor, look at that!"
My chest swelled a little and I sat proudly astride my beauty.

"It looks like a Bandit!"

Are you sure they weren't talking about you? :p

bigredduke
06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Are you sure they weren't talking about you? :p

You will come to regret that remark when it comes to the archery & go-karting young lady!

JMo
06-02-2007, 08:56 PM
"Now that's a nice bike!" James Tosland at Brands Hatch WSB 2005 - talking about Smeegal... ahem.

xxx

Albie
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh I forgot to say Chrissy Boy 'Walker' said mine was a nice bike at track day in front of Critcher and Scrapps. I said are you taking the p1ss and he said no very nic. Cool. Thats a great compliment for me. Mind you 10ft away was Marchesini's that he hadn't obviously spotted. LOL

scrumpster
06-02-2007, 09:22 PM
I was sat at Dockgate 20 when one Harley customer says to the DG20 bloke, that's a nice monster to which the guy replied in a low voice, something which I couldn't quite hear, but think it may have been derrogitory (is that how you spell it?) I could have given the bloke or woman who did the paint work a few customers, alas I do not know who they are!!

nambduke
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I was asked "when are you getting an exhaust fitted!!"

;) Mark Nambduke.....

Spanner
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Best thing: On my way to work. Post van coming opposite way. Post van stops to give me a thumbs up and appreciative nod of the head.

Worst thing: starting it up outside the parents house. Mum comes out and says "Do you have to start it here? It stinks of petrol" Wimmin'!!!!:banghead:

Mrs Soup
07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
The senior architact at my last place of work said it was very "bauhaus". I had to go and look it up!

Gilps
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
My bikes got the open race only Termis, and cat removed.

Last year when I did the Bikesafe course with the Wiltshire plod, I started my bike up for the rideout. Whilst it was ticking over one copper came over and said "That sounds f***ing gorgeous, just how a Ducati should sound. If any of my lot pull you for it, tell 'em to f*** off."

Meanwhile, my wife was in the classroom with the other half of the group, most who rode jap sportsbikes, who were tut-tutting loudly in disgust.

J.P
07-02-2007, 02:02 PM
That last bit made me chuckle Gilps.
For me I've not had too many comments as I haven't had my bike long, but it was nice to have various members of the Kent mob at the Oakdene Cafe tell me my bike looked 'pretty'.
I guess I'll have to 'man it up' a bit because 'pretty' sounds a bit girly, but made me proud of my little baby anyway...

gary tompkins
07-02-2007, 08:29 PM
http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1186&cat=531

:woot: :woot: :woot: :D

Andy Brown
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
stopped out side fylde superbikes and was told the monster sounded like a real bike by a firestorm rider

JayT
07-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Talking to a guy in my local pub, we got talking about bikes so I mentioned that I had a 600 Monster, his reply was "There very fast bikes, but by heck they're ugly things!!".

Where as my opinion is the total opposite, cuould do with some more top end speed, but the looks make up for it 100 times over!

Then I found out he drives a Suzuki Swift.......pfff

CK & AK
07-02-2007, 09:35 PM
http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1186&cat=531

:woot: :woot: :woot: :D

Nice trophy GT ;) :D

Pedro
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
My bikes got the open race only Termis, and cat removed.

Last year when I did the Bikesafe course with the Wiltshire plod, I started my bike up for the rideout. Whilst it was ticking over one copper came over and said "That sounds f***ing gorgeous, just how a Ducati should sound. If any of my lot pull you for it, tell 'em to f*** off."

Had the same a couple of years ago - got pulled for a dark visor (well, he had a point, it was about 9.00pm...:rolleyes: ) and after giving me a bit of a telling off, told me to start the bike. Thinking I was going to get a rollicking for the open cans, he turned to me and said "that sounds right proper!! Better than my Fireblade with a race can" then chuckled and walked back to his car

lord vader
07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
When i first got the bike, i kept spotting a neighbour twitching curtains etc everytime i started the monster up, add that to his dog going wild i was expecting greif when he walked over to me one afternoon whilst washing it down. instead i got "that's a Ducati init? sounds f***ing ace, i go weak everytime i hear you start it up!":woot:

Bodybag
08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Best and worst comment I've had was from my best mate, a police bike rider, who, whilst test riding Beelzebub for me as I was away, managed to ride 50 yards before binning it on a wet manhole cover. The converstaion went something like this:

Ring ring

Me: "Hello mate how are you? Did you manage to test ride that Monster for me?"

Him: ****ing Italian piece of ****ing V-Twin ****e. Too much ****ing torque etc. etc...

Me: "Guess I've just bought a Monster then?!"

Its been fun all the way since then!! :mand: