PDA

View Full Version : tsubaki chain reference ?

stef
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
after looking on the forum for advice on chains, it looks like the tsubaki x ring is the one to have.
i have just changed both sprocket (i know...) without thinking i would change the chain, but i have changed my mind, and decided to buy a chain after all.
so it's back onto the b&c website...
but what's the reference of the chain i need ?
i am runnig a 98m900, a 14t and 40t at the back..
thank you please.

russ77
03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Their website's application guide (Guide (http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/cgi-bin/bc_page.pl?cat=CH-RD-GUIDE)) says:
520APX-098
I'm guessing that means 520 section, X ring with 98 links. Count the links on your existing chain. The chains are supplied split. I presume they come with a soft link. Probably best to give them a ring to check the length to save breaking the chain yourself (01522 791369). They know their stuff. Let us know what you find out. I think it's time I replaced my final drive after an advisory note on my MOT last year.

stef
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
last year ??? plenty of life left in it then...
ok, i gave them a ring, and will give you the ref when i receive it.
was pretty straight forward really. i gave him the gearing and he sold me the right chain..

russ77
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
last year ??? plenty of life left in it then...

Borrowed time, maybe. It was just stiff, not worn or damaged. I think I just hadn't oiled it for a while when I took it down for the test. The tester said all it needed was a lube and to be manipulated a bit, but he had to put it on the test sheet.

What did all of it cost finally? I think I should replace the lot and get a Scottoiler. I'm feeling flush and more grownup than usual.