PDA

View Full Version : parking in Stansted, Luton & Gatwick aiports, free?

gallardo
30-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Just got myself a new monster 600 from Rossocorse. Beautiful dark with a yellow frame. World happy!

I was wondering, I do go to Spain quite often and was wondering if you guys would know if parking the bike in any of the London airports is free and where to park it. Short stay and free will do my day!!

Cheers,

Jorge

benson
30-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of monsters! Stansted have free parking in the medium stay car park it's right as you drive in on the left hand side and right by the last bus stop before the exit so you're well placed for a 5 minute drive to the airport...

Safe travels!

rockjock620
30-01-2007, 07:22 PM
it may or may not be free parking but I bet it won't be there when you return......:grump:

Headhunter
30-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Gatwick is free. Make sure you get a ticket when entering the car park though, as you'll struggle to get out at the exit even with a bike.

When leaving make sure you take the ticket to the office to the left of the exit and they will validate it for you.

Why can't it be simple like Heathrow plus have a tunnel where you can drop through the gears to annoy everyone.

russ77
30-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Try:
http://www.motorcycleparking.com/

They have a section on most UK airports. I don't know how up to date this information is, as some of the London locations listed are no longer available. I've spotted the medium stay parking for bikes at Stanstead when collecting my car before (ridiculously expensive, by the way). It certainly used to be free but was far from secure. I saw a Laverda Jota parked in the short term car park there this summer too - nice. Each airport has its own website too. Try ringing ahead maybe?