PDA

View Full Version : Today I rode....

Pedro
27-01-2007, 08:33 PM
...a 1098S

Feck, it's a bit rapid!! Actually the motor is very smooth and easy to use even in town but give it some stick and that all changes. After a naked bike like the monster, there's little sensation of speed on the 1098, easily a license looser!!! A good handful in the first three gears see the front wheel lifting off and the horizon getting very close, very quickly! Handling is pin sharp, turn in very rapid and it feels very planted on the shiney Ohlins stuff, a very plush ride! It's even quick comfortable!!.... and way beyond my ability!!

Perhaps the only thing I didn't like were the brakes, Plenty of stopping power (heeeeuuuuge actually) but they lacked a little feel on initial application.

Big up to Wilf and Moto Rapido for letting me loose with his demo!!!

Ped

Albie
27-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Cant wait for a go. I love trying out new toys. Just bagge myself a vectra 2.2 sri to play with for a week. fast but a bit bland. Much prefer nattys audi.:spin:

Getting back to thread is it as small as they claim.

Pedro
27-01-2007, 08:48 PM
It's not a massive bike Albie but it is pretty light!! Feels about the same size as a jap 600

gary tompkins
27-01-2007, 09:35 PM
I expect you had to play with the pre-load a fair bit? :D

Shandy
28-01-2007, 01:51 AM
you lucky barsterd!!!!

I really want one but my lotto numbers didn't come up again :banghead: :banghead:

NattyBoy
28-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I expect you had to play with the pre-load a fair bit? :D

Damn - beat me to it...lol !!

Stuart42
28-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I went and had a look in Rapido the other day, very nice.Mark tried to talk me into having a go on the demo.
Would love to have had a go but it wasn't the best day, that and I knew if I tried I would've felt the cheque book burning in my pocket.

Is great looking bike, they reckon they've sold 30 of them already.

Think I may have to have a 888/851 1st though.

Cheers
Stuart

banditloon
29-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Finally saw a 1098s in the flesh yesterday at Ally Pally. Prayer mat was out and I was off on a :hail:

Tasty looking piece of kit, and just a shame my bank manager would kill me if I turned up and said "time for a new bike, I've out grown the Monster after a month" :chuckle:

:D