PDA

View Full Version : Kent Events - Do Not Post Replies Here

Lady-Bob
23-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Reminder

How many of us remember that safety is paramount. Don't let others rush you. Ride at your own pace. Always remember your rear observations.

So here it is in technicolor glory to remind the seasoned UKMOCer and the new UKMOCer alike.

Please adhere to these safety points.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WHEN ATTENDING A MONSTER MEET/RIDEOUT
1. All riders ride at their OWN risk
2. The UKMOC or rideout organisers will not be held liable for any accidents to riders/passengers/motorcycles whatsoever.
3. You are deemed to be in control of your own motor cycle at all times
4. Please let the ride leader know, if you are intending to 'peel off' en-route.

ADVICE FOR THOSE LEADING RIDEOUTS - 9 RULES OF COMMON SENSE!
1. Make yourself known to all persons who intend to rideout with you.
2. Find out if everyone has ridden in a group before - if not explain any relevant info.
3. Make sure you have a back marker who also knows the route you are going.
4. Try to have the least powerful bikes to the front, and also novice riders.
5. Ask everybody to ride slightly 'off-set' - eg - do not directly follow the bike in front WHERE POSSIBLE. (this leaves braking room).
6. Ensure all have enough fuel - and locate nearest garages to the meet point.7. Ask every rider to keep an eye out for the bike behind them - see below
8. Ask riders to NOT OVERTAKE - at least the other bikes in the group (unless absolutely neccessary) - as this leads to accidents!

At Kent Events, unless otherwise directed on the day, we ride with lights on. If anyone requires to pull over or has a problem please turn your lights OFF.

When the lead rider spots it he will lead the group to a safe area to park given the number of bikes in the group.

If you see in your mirrors, someone has turned their lights off, then turn yours off as well. That way the message will get to the lead rider quicker.

Lastly, we have had a number of items "dropping off" the bikes while riding. Whilst I appreciate that such happenings cannot be predicted, you are reminded that it is your responsibility to ensure your bike is roadworthy.

You will be held fully responsible in the event of any damage or accident to the riders/bikes and other parties behind you as a result of your bike part(s) falling off.

With that all said let's have fun!

Lady-Bob
23-01-2007, 11:41 AM
These meets are open to ALL regardless of which County you are in:

I'll attach various directions/maps to meeting points throughout this post. If I forget - remind me!!
To check weather: http://www.metcheck.com/index.asp
To check travel conditions: http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/travel_news.jsp
Oakdene Map: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=TN157RR

2nd Sunday every month (not incl. any dates shown below)
Breakfast at the Oakdene
10am for a cuppa, bacon sarnie & a chat. No particular rideout planned unless we feel like one on the day.
Next Meet 9th March

Sat 23rd June 2008
3rd Annual Donut Run - Brighton Pier
A good rideout, stop for icecreams enroute. Then into Brighton to scoff as many donuts as possible.. oh.. & a pint!

27th July 2007
Bumble's 4th Annual BBQ
More details closer to the date.

Sat 18th August 2007
Planet Thanet & Kent Kastle Kompetion combined rideout
Will Gully get guano'd? Will Scrapps get the Kastle Trophy again? A ride down to Broadstairs for fish & chips, ice-cream & Sandcastle building.... bring buckets, spades and blueprints! all UKMOCers welcome to join and take part in the Kompetition

Sat 15th Sept 2007
BBQ at Herne Bay with perhaps a little paddle in the sea?!
Scrapps has generously invited us to ride down to his house for a BBQ. Starting point the Oakdene at 9am for a light brekkie then pick up enroute to Herne Bay. Details to be posted nearer the date.

October (Date to be finalised)
Ducati Factory and Museum visit to Bologna ITALY
Watch this space

Sun 25th November 2007
Kent Lot Xmas Lunch
Details to be announced in October 2007. PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR DIARY NOW

BOXING DAY 2007
Pied Bull, Farningham
Annual Meet for all bikes, get there early to find a decent parking space. This meet is literally swarming with bikes. There will be teas, coffees & burgers on sale as well as the pub being open for business. (no parking for cars)
I will be there from approx 10.30am. Traditionally this day has so far always been good weather. Chilly, but sunny so bring your thermals!!

If anyone has something that would be fun for us to all meet up and do that's in your neck of the woods, please feel free to post up details in the Kent section. (In Kent or out - we don't mind!)

Any queries, or if it seems that I have clashed with some other important UKMOC date, PLEASE let me know.

I'm always open to ideas, but if you feel anything was good, bad, boring etc...please give me feeback.