PDA

View Full Version : Regular Meet ?

Gim
22-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Ok, whose up for a regular meet then ?
GT's suggestion to meet at wessons sounds like a good idea (nice poodle down the 272 )
Somewhere a bit closer for when the weathers not so good might be a thought... Melnie Mouse mentioned somewhere in Henfield and is there not a place in Findon?
Any thoughts peeps ?
Rob

Albie
22-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Findon meet is a nice venue. Real good brekkie. The dsc meet there the 3rd sunday of the month which would have been yesterday. Wessons is good for me too.

CK & AK
22-01-2007, 06:31 PM
and is there not a place in Findon?

Rob

If you want to meet other Ducati riders - the Sussex DSC region meet at John Henrys bar at Findon on the 3rd Sunday of every month (so that was yesterday then! :D) They welcome anyone along - meeting from 10.30 onwards for a cooked brekkie/sarni/cuppa or just a chat till about midday.
Have spotted quite a few UKMOC'ers there on occasions

Good luck in getting your region back up & meeting again :)

gary tompkins
22-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Here's the links for Wesson's (Ogri's) cafe again - lost in site crash

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/foodmonthly/story/0,,786414,00.html

http://www.motorcyclemonthly.co.uk/location.html

Gim
22-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys !
I saw the DSC meet on the forum the other day, nearly went along but didn't know if they would take kindly to strangers !

CK & AK
22-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys !
I saw the DSC meet on the forum the other day, nearly went along but didn't know if they would take kindly to strangers !

They welcome everyone Rob :cool: doesnt matter what you are on (but they do sometimes take the pi5s if you are on a jap bike :D

Just pop along sometime & ask anyone there for Psychlist (he posts on here sometimes, but is right in the middle of moving house at the moment, so isnt on line much). Its like turning up anywhere else - you get out what you put in.
Regret we wont be at the next one down there, as will be likely to be testing that day.

You will find that their rides tend to be more progressive than the UKMOC ones - hence why the clubs compliment each other :)
They do make sure that they wait for people on a rideout tho, at appropriate junctions etc, so most ride at their own pace.

Go for it

C

banditloon
25-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Wesson's is a great place for a summer pootle. Lovely run down the A272 from Box Hill (or where ever). Haven't been to Findon, sounds like more places to go on a "Monster Adventure" in the slightly warmer than now, months :chuckle: :D

picota
26-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Promise I will appear once the weather improves

Melnie Mouse
26-01-2007, 03:44 PM
oh Gim i'll be up for breakfast sunday as i'll be on my bike catching up on people i need to visit. i need to eat so i'll meet up for breaky? what time? 11 at bury?

Melnie Mouse
27-01-2007, 08:50 AM
bump :)

Gim
27-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi MM I'll be out and about as long as the roads are dry and salt free !

(I'm sorry but I aint gonna get her covered in crap !):gay:

Rob

Melnie Mouse
27-01-2007, 11:25 AM
mine already looks a bit dirty so i'll be out whatever, it's silver and dirty so i'l be at bury hoping that someone will be up for a brekky at findon then as i don't want to go on my own!

hope to see you there then :)

Gim
27-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Will aim to be at bury at 11 if its not too pants ! :)
Rob

Gim
28-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah the first breakfast meet of 2007 !... and a good turnout too.. Iwould list all the names but there was so many I've forgot most of them :chuckle:
Ta for the (rather huge ) brekkie MM.... I'll do the next one :) oh and if you get chance to see what sizes you got left I really must invest in something with the right name on the back !

Rob

Oh and apologies to the young lady at bury who thought I was a perv asking her if she was Melnie Mouse :chuckle: :chuckle:
Rob

Melnie Mouse
30-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi Gim
great to meet up with you, and thankfully some of us made the effort eh?

Pedro sends his apologies and says he stayed in bed!!!!!! :D

no worries for breakfast, yours looked delicious!

just had a look see what jkts we got left in sale, there is the ducati jkt like ped wears if you saw that for 275 in a 50, 52, and 54, and there is another one, red and black for 375 instead of 450 and a loads of the fabric team jackets red or black, so if you're in chi pop in see if you like anything...

If you told me you wore a harley jacket, i'd have found you! ha ha, (sorry) never mind, thanks for coming out, roads weren't too bad, wasn't too cold, was great :)

SazzaG
30-01-2007, 10:54 AM
We would have joined you both for brekkie, but me, Rog and JMo were out getting muddy in Hampshire.

Hoping to start the regular Sussex/Surrey meet soon - 2nd Sunday of the month. Maybe in Feb (11th) if the weather's decent.....

Gim
31-01-2007, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Melnie Mouse;191806]Hi Gim
great to meet up with you, and thankfully some of us made the effort eh?

Pedro sends his apologies and says he stayed in bed!!!!!! :D

Cant say as I blame him :) !

just had a look see what jkts we got left in sale, there is the ducati jkt like ped wears if you saw that for 275 in a 50, 52, and 54, and there is another one, red and black for 375 instead of 450 and a loads of the fabric team jackets red or black, so if you're in chi pop in see if you like anything...

Cheers for that I'll try and pop in although I'm not sure my budget will run to them prices :(

Off to have a look on ebay now so I might be wearing a jacket 2 sizes too big next time :mand: