PDA

View Full Version : Newbie biker

mrtony
22-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Hey great site!
New to biking,bought an M600 back in August 'cos I loved the sound of a friends 748. Didn't fancy a sports bike so a Monster it was!!
Bike stayed in the garage until November when I had my test,no pressure,honest!
Missus reckons it looks like a Monkey Bike under my 6'3" gangly frame,but it looks all right from where I'm sitting!!
Still trying to get the hang of cornering as I'm more used to 44 tons on 18 wheels than a couple of hundredweight on 2!
But the stupid grin behind the visor says it all!!!

squiffything
22-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Nice one Mr T Hope you don't mind the face ache because the grin just doesn't go. Welcome to the forum.

Yorkie
22-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Welcome Mr T!

Yes they look like mini-motos but what the hell, im also 6' 3" but i love them!

Ive had mine since 1999!

Yorkie.

Zimbo
22-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Welcome Mr T from a local monster rider - I'm just down the road in Stonehouse.
Send a message to Duncan on this site, he's the local area rep, get him to put you on his email list and you'll be kept informed of local meets and rides, multiplies the grin!
Also put a date in your diary for the Italian Auto festival in Bristol in April, Saturday 28th, see here

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2860

well worth going along to and supporting!

lcjohnny
22-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Mr T Welcome to the club from another SW rider - see you at the kendleshire meeting evening?

Jon Green

Shandy
22-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Yet another member competing in the minimoto super cup then, i'm 6' 4'' as are a few others but when a bikes as much fun as a monster who cares :spin:

Welcome to the club :flag:

Cheers,

Shandy

Albie
22-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I now feel quite short at 6' 1". Phew:spin: :spin:

gremlin
22-01-2007, 10:12 PM
What is it with tall people and monsters? I got mine cos I'm a short arse, all of 5'1!!!!

mrtony
23-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm hoping to get some frame risers from Louigi Moto in Bristol,then get the original bars back on it,(it has clip ons now,)then hopefully it'll look a little less like I pinched it from a kid!!

gary tompkins
23-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the club MrTony.... any relation to Swiss Tony? ;)

mrtony
24-01-2007, 02:44 PM
You know,riding a Monster is like making love to a beautiful woman.The ride has to be firm,not saggy.
It does not have to be fast to be enjoyable.And select your riding position carefully,or you'll be thrown off unceromoniously!

No,I'm not!!:D

Bodybag
24-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Wecome to the mini moto supercup headquarters from another lanky (6'4") bugger. :mand:

You also need to get yourself on the Monster only trackday at the end of July. I'd only passed my test 3 months before last years but had an amazing day and learnt a huge amount about my bike in a safe and friendly environment. And there's professional instruction on hand all at no extra cost. There's a link in the red box at the top of the page.