PDA

View Full Version : I need pick up coil thingys!

bobob
21-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi guys, does anybody have a set of pickup coil thingys, the ones that sit next to the fly wheel? I'm not sure how they come, one or as a pair, anybody?!

Cheers :mand:

nik_the_brief
21-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Just for your information they come as a unit complete with wiring and are comparatively simple to fit (well I managed to fit a set anyway and I'm a relative mechanical numpty). Hardest part was removing the engine casing as I couldn't buy a puller anywhere and had to eventually fabricate my own.

I ordered mine from Ducati Ashford (they're not there any more but were my locel dealer). they took forever to obtain and eventually I had to give up with them and got them through Stuart at Spareshack. tehy still took a while but a more friendly service.

They had to order them from Italy and (just my luck) it was August when the whole of Bologna closes for its annual holiday!

Good luck.

bobob
21-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Can you remember how much you paid?

I did have a thread going and somebody offered me a set but unfortuately it seems to have disappeared with the little hicup the other day :(

Thanks for info though ntb

nik_the_brief
21-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Can you remember how much you paid?

I did have a thread going and somebody offered me a set but unfortuately it seems to have disappeared with the little hicup the other day :(

Thanks for info though ntb

I think they cost me just over £100, possibly £110 or so, can't recall exactly.

There's a thread here somewhere --> http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=7844&highlight=pick+coils

Bitza
22-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Bobob, What year is your bike (M900?), I've got some off a 1994 M900. £40 + postage and the're yours, Bitza. PM me if you want them.

bobob
05-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Have pm'ed you bitza but if anyone else has a set going spare please please do let me know! I have got to get this sorted asap!!!