PDA

View Full Version : Chain soft link

Meteor
21-01-2007, 03:53 PM
A mate of mine kindly gave me a new chain, but it didn't come with a soft link to join it. No problem thinks me - I'll pop on the net and order one up.

Unfortunatley there are a fair few options and I don't know which one to get - can anyone help?

It needs to fit a Gold Dyna-Chain type 520RXO (o ring).

thanks

katana
21-01-2007, 04:08 PM
What i would do is find a supplier of that chain and get them to send you the softlink.

Zimbo
21-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Soft links tend to be specific to the chain, you can't just order a universal one I'm afraid! So, Katana's suggestion is about the only option. Afraid I can't help with a supplier though, it's not a chain I've ever heard of.

Meteor
21-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Soft links tend to be specific to the chain, you can't just order a universal one I'm afraid! So, Katana's suggestion is about the only option. Afraid I can't help with a supplier though, it's not a chain I've ever heard of.

DC or Dyna-Chain are used by Rizla Suzuki in BSB, apart from that they seem really obscure - they have a web site but its under construction, apart from that I've found no other dealer/stockists.

If anyone knows a stockist - please let me know!!!

sadbiker
22-01-2007, 07:47 AM
www.triumphtiger-online.co.uk

They seem to mention them so may be worth giving them a mail to see if they are helpful.

I suspect dyna chain supply rolls of chain for manufacturing equipment(convayor belts etc) and not big on the bike scene.

Meteor
25-01-2007, 08:07 PM
After some more research I've found that EK Chains appear to be identical (same refernece numbers etc) - unfortunatley EK are just as obscure as DC:banghead:

Anyone know of a UK stockist for EK chains:look:

dlloyduk
25-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Think Demon Tweeks may list them.

sadbiker
25-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I would check the tolerance of the links first, unless this is a rebadge by EK then the limits will be different and you could cause a stress point on the chain when in use.

banditloon
26-01-2007, 10:51 AM
DC or Dyna-Chain are used by Rizla Suzuki in BSB, apart from that they seem really obscure - they have a web site but its under construction, apart from that I've found no other dealer/stockists.

If anyone knows a stockist - please let me know!!!

Try Crescent Suzuki (Suzi Rizla's Team HQ) www.crescent-suzuki.com, they may stock them, or know someone who does as they use them for the race bikes :D

Good luck with the search