PDA

View Full Version : september 15 and 16 - Derbyshire somewhere over the rainbow

benson
21-01-2007, 11:45 AM
So we lost the thread about this late summer weekender so PLEASE can you show interest and sign up again - shame we lost the names of those already interested but hell - ground hog day est arrivee!!!:spin:

Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart

Now Who else was there???

Gadget
21-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN

Now Who else was there???

Added myself as myself.

benson
21-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Gary you're still Gary N and not the inspector!!!!
Do you think I could try the same thing with my bank manager and tell him the last 6 weeks have just gone missing???:biggrin:

Gadget
21-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I think I like being me. I had the split personality thing going for a while...:spin:

As for bank managers...
They are like the tax man, they always get what they consider is theirs.

benson
21-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN

Come on all you fun lovers - roll up roll up!!!

Mand
21-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN
Mand

Gilps
21-01-2007, 01:58 PM
and big old me...

Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN
Mand
Gilps

gjfevans
21-01-2007, 02:50 PM
and big old me...

Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN
Mand
Gilps
Gjfevans as a stong posibility

benson
21-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Gjfevans strongly possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN
Mand
Gilps

Gadget
21-01-2007, 04:04 PM
---Quote (Originally by benson)---
http://www.holidaycottage-tideswell.co.uk/intro.html

This looks rather intriguing - a hot tub and sleeps up to 20 and £1528 for three nights - 14, 15 and 16th September - VERY close to the local pubs and take aways and cracking location - sounds a lot but would be about £100 each if there were 15 of us!!!!!
---End Quote---

I have been through my emails. ;)

singletrack
21-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Benson
CK & AK possible
Scrumpster possible
Gjfevans strongly possible
Mr & Mrs Urquhart
GaryN
Mand
Gilps
Singletrack (moved up from possible to probable!)
Andy (Mr singletrack) possible

Nonnie
21-01-2007, 04:28 PM
---Quote (Originally by benson)---

This looks rather intriguing - a hot tub and sleeps up to 20 and £1528 for three nights - 14, 15 and 16th September - VERY close to the local pubs and take aways and cracking location - sounds a lot but would be about £100 each if there were 15 of us!!!!!
---End Quote---

I have been through my emails. ;)

Cheaper than the weekender!

I like this place, it would be nice to get it.

benson
21-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Think we might be in with a shot you know - go on the rest of you look at it and I DEFY YOU NOT TO WANT TO GO - not a theme park in sight!!!!!:on: :thumbsup: :on: :thumbsup:

CK & AK
21-01-2007, 06:47 PM
you have PM young Miss Hedge :p

benson
21-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Aha - hedges - those were the days!!!:p

Just had a call to the owners and they'd need £382 deposit (25% of total cost) to secure the booking....

Anyone want to go for it??? :on: :on: :on:

Gadget
21-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Me.:p

Don't want to miss out because we didn't get in early enough, now.

Do we?

Mand
21-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I think it was the hot tub that clinched it for me. :biggrin:

Gilps
21-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Think we might be in with a shot you know - go on the rest of you look at it and I DEFY YOU NOT TO WANT TO GO - not a theme park in sight!!!!!:on: :thumbsup: :on: :thumbsup:

I've had a look and it's perfect. A beautiful part of the world. Ahh, such memories of my early years spent wandering the area, usually drunk. Not too far from where I had my first job as a tour guide down the Blue John Caverns in Castleton. I'm up for it.

Gilps
21-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Aha - hedges - those were the days!!!:p

Just had a call to the owners and they'd need £382 deposit (25% of total cost) to secure the booking....

Anyone want to go for it??? :on: :on: :on:

Do we have a sleeping type plan? It's alright for the loved-up ones like CK&AK but some of us are single you know.:worried:
We could do with a room arrangement thingy like Didge did for the Arrow Mill weekend. Also will they allow camping in the extensive grounds?
I can possibly stretch to the deposit if it needs paying imminently.

bigredduke
21-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Depends on who I have to share a bedroom (or bed....... gulp!) with

scrumpster
21-01-2007, 08:16 PM
can I come by car if necessary?

benson
21-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll look at the website and come up with a plan - but i think there'd be lots of room - and for happy campers too (or just spend the night in the hot tub!!!) Here's the e mail from the guy who owns the place - a fellow biker!!!

Hi Rachel

We spoke on the phone. You and your Dukes be very welcome on the 14th
September. I'll let you into a secret - I also ride bikes, have done so for
years. Bikers very welcome here. We can also offer private parking, hidden
well off the road, so machines would be safe at night. I have built a
parking area around the back.

To confirm, 25% deposit is £382 and I can take the payment by Card over the
phone.

By the way are you part of the Ducati Owners Group? Just interested.

Best regards

Marcus Milton

So - what we need is the deposit - these are the folks I have so far - let's hope we can come up with the goods and yes - by car, by bike, by whatever means necessary Scrumps!!!

Benson
Gilps
Gary N
Bigreduke
Mand (& Alex?)
Scrumpster - hopefully!!!
Singletrack (& Andy?)

Come on - you know you want to!!!!:ukm:

benson
21-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Reckon you could sign up in principle for the one you want -

GROUND FLOOR IN BRIEF:
BEDROOM 1: (18-ft x 10-ft ; 5.5m x 3.0m) kingsize bed+ double sofabed with ensuite BATHROOM and separate dressing room - could sleep up to 4
BEDROOM 2: (13-ft x 13-ft, 3.75m x 3.75m) double bed, opens onto sunny private courtyard patio. THIS ONE'S MINE :mand:
BEDROOM 3: (17-ft x 13-ft; 5.2m x 3.75) twin beds + double sofabed with ensuite BATHROOM and separate dressing room. Ideal children's bedroom as it contains a second TV/video, activity table and chairs. Could sleep 4
LAUNDRY ROOM with:
washing machine
tumble dryer
sink and storage
FIRST FLOOR IN BRIEF:

BEDROOM 4: (11-ft x 12-ft ; 3.3m x 3.5m) double bed
BEDROOM 5: (13-ft x 9-ft ; 4.0m x 2.6m) twin beds
BEDROOM 6: (11-ft x 12-ft; 3.3m x 3.5m) double bed in gallery bedroom
DINING ROOM (25-ft x 13-ft; 7.5m x 4m) with tables that can be arranged into 1 long table 4.68m x 1.0m seating a maximum of 20
adjoining LIVING ROOM features:
log burning fire (free wood available all year)
33-inch TV
SKY WORLD package for movies, sport, kids etc
dvd/video + digital radio via SKY
FAMILY BATHROOM with corner bath & shower
KITCHEN (13-ft x 11-ft; 3.8m x 3.2m) features:
double oven & grill
gas hob (4 ring)
microwave
2 fridges
1 freezer
dishwasher
2 toasters
Crockery and cutlery for 20 place settings
2x9-litre pans, saucepan set, various serving dishes

THE OUTBACK' IN BRIEF: this is an annexe to the main barn
BEDROOM 7: (16ft x 16ft, 5.0m x 5.0m to eaves) twin bed
BEDROOM 8: (12ft x 12ft, 3.5m x 3.5m) double bed
KITCHEN DINER: (12ft x 14ft, 3.5m x 4.0m) with fully equipped kitchen and folding dining table & chairs
BATHROOM: with power shower and luxury Japanese-style deep soaking tub (please note, due to the depth of bath, this may not be suitable for people with limited mobility - please ask)
Scandinavian-style underfloor electric heating throughout (very responsive and cosy!)

Gilps
22-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Bagsy Bedroom 4.:spin:
Well done Rachel. You're making excellent progress with this.

singletrack
22-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Bagsy Bedroom 4.:spin:

I'll fight you for it ;)

Nonnie
22-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Please can we have a private double room. We'll be newlyweds then you know.

Shall we send money? If so, how much and to whom? Can we go now? Can we?

I don't mind the annexe!

benson
22-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Right then gang - as with the weekender I need deposits - £50 per person and that will guarantete you the room of your choice - if we fill the doubles with sngles then it will be a bit more expensive but hell - I think the price for the three nights is fab and if there are more they can doss on the floor!!

What we need to do is to pay £382 deposit - at the moment there are about 7/8 of us for sure so if I ask you each for £50 deposit - made to Barclaycard I will call the guy this evening and book it - but I'll need those cheques!!!

Benson - definite
Gilps - definite
Gary N - definite
Bigreduke
Mand (& Alex?) - definite but not sure how many
Scrumpster - hopefully!!!
Singletrack & Andy - definite for two
Nonnie and Emily's Driver - definite for two

If there are 11 of us as there are now then the total cost per person for the three nights would be £141 - BARGAIN!!!!!:yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

singletrack
22-01-2007, 08:47 AM
We are happy with any private double ( ie not the gallery room!) please would you TEXT me with details of who to send deposit to? I will not be on line again until Friday.

Anne x

Scotty
22-01-2007, 09:45 AM
umm holidays

Gadget
22-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Put me out back please.
Preferably room 8. :thumbsup:
Noisey newly weds indoors to save my blushes.
I am a moany ol' git and need my PnQ.:chuckle:

G

Mand
22-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear did I? Mand AND Alex - can I have a double room please?

Rachel.... would you PM me your address again, unfortunately due to the server crash, my PM's have gone missing.

Mand :D

squiffything
22-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Rach Put down me and Sarah for a room I haven't told her yet so will confirn definate on sunday and let you have the deposit cheque Double room and breakfast in bed please!! :)

Banshee
22-01-2007, 04:45 PM
This is a Mand in a hot tub weekend?

Na give that a miss.....................NOT!

benson
22-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi again all - I will go ahead and make the deposit payment this evening so I need your cheques for £50 per person (so if you are a couple that's £100) and please make them payable to BARCLAYCARD. The minimum deposit is 25% (£382) but I will pay whatever total we have from the £50 deposits

I think couples should have priority on the double bed stakes, of which there are four and then the galleried room and then three twin bedded rooms (8 in total) - but if the group below is our total we will all have our own rooms be they single or double or sumfink like that...Either we we will all hopefully be able to sleep with people we want to (oh if only life were that simple...)

So - if I'm right the following folks have confirmed and will be sending their cheques

Mand and Alex (£100)
Nonnie & Rod (£100)
Singletrack & Andy (£100) (I'll text her tonight)
Gary N (£50)
Gilps (£50)
Me (possibly Jenny but not sure yet) (£50 for sure)

Bigredduke, Julie & Ruth, Squiffs & missus, and Scrumps - can you let me know if you're still interested? With the deposit paid we should be able to work out a saving scheme if that would be helpful ???

Right then - off to make that reservation!!!!!

:ukm:

squiffything
22-01-2007, 05:10 PM
yup we are in hun

cheque on sunday in person if thats ok if not i'll post it

Gadget
22-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Already in the post.:D

benson
22-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Great!!!!! Booking made 14-16 September Fri, Sat, Sun nights.

There's also a field - where campers can camp for a small fee which depending on numbers we can agree - all in all then there's a balance of £1146 to pay mid July - so Derbyshire here we come!!!

Takers so far -
Doubles
Mand and Alex (£100)
Squiffything and Mrs Squiffything (£100)
Singletrack & Andy (£100) (I'll text her tonight)
Me (possibly Jenny but not sure yet) (£50 for sure)

Singles
Gary N (£50)
Gilps (£50)

Possibles -
Nonnie & Rod
Julie & Ruth
Scrumpster

I'll start the room allocation list as soon as I get cheques but think it's only fair that couples have the double rooms to start with!

Hurrah - we are on our way!!!!!:thumbsup: :on: :thumbsup:

benson
23-01-2007, 05:03 PM
As I get your cheques I'll allocate rooms and update this particular post...

GROUND FLOOR
BEDROOM 1:
kingsize bed+ double sofabed with ensuite BATHROOM and separate dressing room - could sleep up to 4 BENSON

BEDROOM 2:
double bed, opens onto sunny private courtyard patio. Celeste and Leigh

BEDROOM 3:
twin beds + double sofabed ensuite BATHROOM dressing room. TV/video, activity table and chairs. Could sleep 4 Girls' room - Scrumpster pending payment

FIRST FLOOR IN BRIEF:
BEDROOM 4:
double bed - Singletrack and Andy

BEDROOM 5:
twin beds - Boys' room - Gilps

BEDROOM 6:
double bed in gallery bedroom - Squiffything and Mrs Squiffy pending payment

THE OUTBACK

BEDROOM 7:
twin bed - Boys' room - Gary N

BEDROOM 8:
double bed - Alex & Mand

queen_gpants
23-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Rachel can you put me and Leigh down for bedroom 2 please. Can you PM me your address etc so I can send you a cheque :)

squiffything
24-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Bedroom 6 please with the gallery :)

benson
24-01-2007, 02:17 PM
So we are filling up! Gary - I've moved you to the twin room in the outback as the couples are on the increase so to speak!!!

Gadget
24-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Thought that might happen..:worried:
Well the cost per person must be coming down as well.:thumbsup:

benson
24-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks Gilps and Mand for the cheques - at the moment, if all goes according to plan there are 12 of us so yes the cost will come down to about £130 for the three nights - and that way everyone gets their own room too!!!

Sorry about the double bed Gary - but you'll have your own room at this rate!!! Bt the way - did anyone look at the website for the barn and see the links to hang gliding? clay pigeon shooting and go karts - anyone fancy a go at anything? I'm assuming that on the Sunday we'll do Matlock Bath but maybe it would be something to do on the Saturday - besides champagne in the hot tub!!!!

Gilps
24-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I suppose I could have a go at clay pigeon shooting. (Off roading reference removed as no longer available)

benson
24-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Hmm - off road - might be OK as long as they cater for total novices!!:shocked:

scrumpster
24-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I've booked the Friday and monday off and will get you the Money as soon as.

Bedroom 3 sounds interesting with the activity table, right up my street, but I guess there aren't enough single girlies going for me to bags it. By the way, does this mean I'll be cooking breakfast for 20 :chuckle:

benson
24-01-2007, 09:24 PM
That's brilliant Scrumps - I've updated the room allocation list and there are now only spaces in the shared rooms available!!!

If you could send the £50 deposit that would be great!

Gilps
25-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Hmm - off road - might be OK as long as they cater for total novices!!:shocked:

I removed the reference to off roading as my mate has packed it in.

squiffything
25-01-2007, 06:38 AM
...... does this mean I'll be cooking breakfast for 20 :chuckle:

I will volenteer doing a thai curry for the masses one evening if all like. It would be good and hot just the thing for a balmy september evening. Not so good for the morning after, it peels the skin on the way out ;)

benson
25-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Squiffs thanks but......:on: :on: :on:

Actually, we could organise a breakfast shopping run so we do mass fry ups (or muesli of course) and cook for the whole lot of us - Scrumps's breakfasts are near legendary in my book!!! And a big home cooked meal in the evening on the Saturday sounds fab - happy to help!!!

I'm really looking forward to this you know - and I'm glad there are now more than enough of us to make it viable...

:cool: :cool: :cool:

squiffything
25-01-2007, 10:27 AM
We will probably be taking the car (Sarah driving) and the bike so if anyone near to us wants extra's taken up without the hassle of rucksacks tankbags etc then there will be space in the boot. Sarah doesn't ride and it's a heck of a long way as pillion on the bike although over the weekend she will be biking with us I hope. If not she will enjoy the hot tub and just chill out all day and drink and be merry all night

Mand
25-01-2007, 12:43 PM
maybe it would be something to do on the Saturday - besides champagne in the hot tub!!!!

Champers in the hot tub - oh yes, may even buy a new swimsuit for the occasion!!! :D

benson
25-01-2007, 12:58 PM
The car option might be of interest to Jenny too - I'm sure she wouldn't want to go all that way on the bike either so maybe she could hitch a lift with your missus if we can work out a good meeting place?

And yes to hot tub Saturday - I think bottles of fizz and bubbles all round !!!:flamed:

squiffything
25-01-2007, 01:16 PM
No probs Sarah will enjoy the company on the drive up and we can always chat to them through the windows lol. Thats if we can keep up with her!!! She does have very heavy feet and the car does tend to whizz off when she's driving :)

benson
25-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Grand - will see if Jen's up for it when we speak later. meanwhile I have another pal who might like to join us - she's ABOUT to become a bike convert if only she'll book her CBT! I reckon she'd be hooked immediately and would therefore NEED to buy a monster!:spin:

benson
26-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Right then - there are currently 12 (or 13) of us which means the total cost per person will be about £130. Thanks for your deposits - I'll be submitting them to good old Barclaycard as soon as the statement comes in - usually mid month.

As I said - there are now only single spaces left and if no one else wants to come then everyone has their own room.

I plan to take the Friday and Monday off work - ride up in a very leisurely fashion on the Friday, spend Saturday in the hot tub/pub/hot tub/pub and then SUnday at Matlock then ride home sedately on Monday.

benson
28-01-2007, 04:24 PM
We have two more folks joining us for the weekend - Rob & Thuli who I've moved into a twin room (room 5) which means I've moved Gary N and Gilps into bedroom 7.

That means that the only spaces now are in room 3.

GROUND FLOOR
BEDROOM 1:
kingsize bed with ensuite BATHROOM and separate dressing room - BENSON

BEDROOM 2:
double bed, opens onto sunny private courtyard patio. Celeste and Leigh

BEDROOM 3:
twin beds + double sofabed ensuite BATHROOM dressing room. TV/video, activity table and chairs. Girls' room - Scrumpster + Sharon

FIRST FLOOR IN BRIEF:
BEDROOM 4:
double bed - Singletrack and Andy

BEDROOM 5:
twin beds - Rob & Thuli

BEDROOM 6:
double bed in gallery bedroom - Squiffything and Mrs Squiffy

THE OUTBACK

BEDROOM 7:
twin bed - Gilps & Gary N

BEDROOM 8:
double bed - Alex & Mand

Gadget
28-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I suppose I could have a go at clay pigeon shooting.

The hunter gatherer in me would also like to give this a go.

Someone remind me, clay pigeon tastes of ?? ;)

Mand
28-01-2007, 04:52 PM
The hunter gatherer in me would also like to give this a go.

I'm game for a spot of shooting too.

benson
28-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Hmmm shooting - sounds good...

Shall I contact the guy whose business is shown on the website for the barn then? I'll find out how many of us he'd need and we can go from there!!!:mand:

http://www.corporate-clay-shooting.co.uk/Contactus.htm

I've e mailed them so let's see what happens!

Gadget
28-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm game for a spot of shooting too.

Rachel sounds like she has the scent and can track them down. :D

Mand
28-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Hmmm shooting - sounds good...

Shall I contact the guy whose business is shown on the website for the barn then? I'll find out how many of us he'd need and we can go from there!!!:mand:

Now that sounds like a plan! Maybe we could go on the Saturday and then rest our weary bones on the Saturday evening in the hot tub drinking champers and eating posh chocolates? :mand:

benson
28-01-2007, 05:07 PM
If I've not heard by close of play tomorrow I'll call them - or else we buy some darts!!! Actually we should take silly games like pictionary to play anyway.....( OK so I'm the childish one...)

I've asked about the Saturday for 8 - 10 of us - that way we can go to Matlock Bath on the Sunday........

or of course sit in the hot tub with a bottle of fizz and eat chocolates - posh or common ones!!!

I fancy he hang gliding too but it's a bit on the expensive side...

Mand
28-01-2007, 05:15 PM
we can go to Matlock Bath on the Sunday........

There is good fish and chip shop at Matlock.... :biggrin:

benson
28-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Here's the e mail I got from the clay pigeon lot - Gilps may know another option too!!!

Hello Rachel

Thank you for your enquiry. We can accommodate your group that day. We would recommend one of two options depending upon how long you wish to spend with us.

Firstly you could do our 30 bird experience. This allows the group to
experience shooting across a range of birds. You start at the hotel with a
bacon sandwich at around 10 or 10:30 am then we take you to the shooting
ground. You return to the hotel for depature around 12 to 12:30 with that
size of party. This is £35 per head

The other alternative is our combination 50 bird experience and competition.

You arrive at the hotel around 10:00 to 10:30 and are transported straight
to the shooting ground. We start you off on a 20 bird practice - across 3
targets. You then break for a light picnic lunch before regrouping for some
serious competition. We give you each a further 30 birds and scorecards.
This is £55 per head. Why not play for an attractive glass trophy for an
extra £1 per person?

We do hope you find this of interest. If you do want to book then drop us a
line confirming which package. We will require a deposit of £10 (non
refundable) per person at the time of booking (which you can do over the
phone directly with the hotel). Meanwhile we hope to hear from you

Kind regards
Marie T Smith
on behalf of Windy Harbour Corporate Clays

So - potentially OK but perhaps too pricey?

And as for food Mand, I guarantee we won't starve - three pubs in the village and as you say top fish and chips in Matlock. I think that between us we'll be able to cook for Britain!!!!

Finally - there are now 14 of us confirmed so the price is down to £110 each for the three nights...

Mand
29-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Am I the only person who is beginning to excited about this weekend? :D

benson
29-01-2007, 01:08 PM
No Mand, sadly I am already excited and most of that is about the hot tub and the ride up and home and Matlock bath and the all of the rest of it really - so no - I'm hopelessly childish and dreaming of a secret trip to Alton Towers to go on the fast and scary rides in the dark....:shocked: :yoparty: :shocked:

So you are not alone!!!!!:D :spin: :D

Mand
29-01-2007, 01:20 PM
No Mand, sadly I am already excited and most of that is about the hot tub and the ride up and home and Matlock bath and the all of the rest of it really - so no - I'm hopelessly childish and dreaming of a secret trip to Alton Towers to go on the fast and scary rides in the dark....:shocked: :yoparty: :shocked:

So you are not alone!!!!!:D :spin: :D

growing up is for losers so nah nah nah!!!!! :D

benson
29-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree entirely!!! Here's to having some really good biking again this year - lets hope the weather stays milder too - it makes such a difference being able to feel your extremities (or anyone elses for that matter)

Banshee
29-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Champers in the hot tub - oh yes, may even buy a new swimsuit for the occasion!!! :D

A snorkel me thinks.....

singletrack
29-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I am looking forward to this wekend away too :spin:
We might have to come down on the Saturday and return on Monday.

benson
29-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Anne - no worries on the dates/days - whenever you arrive will be cool!!

See a few of you at the weekend at the London Bike Show - I think theres a suggestion of meeting at midday at the Ducati stand - don't worry Gadget - we'll meet before that or else you won't have a ticket!!! And by the way - Gadget - what is that avatar? :freak:

Gadget
29-01-2007, 09:36 PM
And by the way - Gadget - what is that avatar? :freak:

One of my hat collection. That one is Japanese. Previous ones have been Greek, Norman, 14th Century German...
I pick and choose from my avatar collection.

I go through themes, at the moment its hats, of sorts.

Sweeties soon.

Nice pictures of Belgian chocolates.

benson
30-01-2007, 07:19 AM
oh yes - very good!!!;)

Mand
30-01-2007, 07:40 AM
A snorkel me thinks.....

Oi you! You're cruisin' for a bruisin'......!

squiffything
30-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Gadget that really is quite a stunning helmet you've got! ok When you change your avitar again this will become a completely different post to what it is now ahem

Mand I'm with you on the excited about the weekend thing can't wait.

Rach I had already planned to load the boot up with a few silly type games so we should all have a fun weekend and Sarah has suggested a trailer for the booze!!!

benson
30-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Heaven heaven heaven!!!!

:yoparty: :woot: :yoparty:

benson
01-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I've got one final recruit for the weekend - my mate Sharon who's a born again biker and has a multistrada - hope that's OK!!! Scrumps - you have another Sharon to play with!!!:spin:

benson
04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
gadget - the avatar!!!! simply stunning!!!!!
:woot:

There are now 15 of us so the price will be about £105 each for the three nights! Hurrah!!!

squiffything
07-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Now that the weekender is over and the pics are being posted on the weekender gallery page it has got me looking forward to this one again. Whilst it is booked up as for rooms (i think that is the case although Rach will let us know if there are any more rooms available) I can't remember if there were possibilities for camping in the grounds Rach what was the situation on that one?

The hot tub awaits and the Bubbly should be getting chilled nicely :)

singletrack
07-06-2007, 07:36 AM
I can't wait.
Because of family commitments I have just had to cancel a trip to the Moto GP in Assen this year, so I am really looking forward to this mini weekender - it will be the only chance I get this year, to take my Monster away for the weeekend :D

squiffything
07-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Anne I know what you mean It will be one of only a very few chances for Sarah and I to get away this year so really looking forward to it and to meeting the guys and gals on here

benson
07-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Yahoo - three months to go!!! Having not been able to go to the weekender myself I'm really lookin forward to a weekend witih the bike too

Yup the rooms are all taken but there's camping a plenty - I was going to ask for a reducaed fee for all campers - probably half of what we're paying for the main house that would make it about £25 a night because they'll have full use of the facilities etc - does that sound fair - please remember that's just a suggestion!!!

Then the money from any campers could go into a food/bubbly fund for the weekend because with so many of us we'll probably need a few trips to the shops to buy supplies - is Sarah still planning on taking the support vehicle???

Anyway - the balance is due at the end of July so get saving those pennies!!!

banditloon
07-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Shall I shalln't I??

Bloody bike is costing me a fortune, and could do with a go blat up the M1 to sort her out ;)

On holiday in a couple of weeks time, will confirm when I get back :thumbsup:

Julie
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
We will be coming - might even camp! Yeah!

benson
07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
What???? Camping??? I know - I'm just a totaly wuss....

I'm sure there's room in the "girls room" - Scrumps and my mate Sharon have the twin beds and there's a sofa bed in there too so you could have a roof over your heads you know!!!

Bandit loon - fine to let us know when you're back - have a good break wherever you're off to!

squiffything
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Yahoo - three months to go!!! Having not been able to go to the weekender myself I'm really lookin forward to a weekend witih the bike too

Yup the rooms are all taken but there's camping a plenty - I was going to ask for a reducaed fee for all campers - probably half of what we're paying for the main house that would make it about £25 a night because they'll have full use of the facilities etc - does that sound fair - please remember that's just a suggestion!!!

Then the money from any campers could go into a food/bubbly fund for the weekend because with so many of us we'll probably need a few trips to the shops to buy supplies - is Sarah still planning on taking the support vehicle???

Anyway - the balance is due at the end of July so get saving those pennies!!!

Yup the plan is to take the support vehicle. Let us know the final sum needed and we'll sort that out in july for you. Have booked the Friday off work so can have a leasurly ride up and can meet up with you at a spot to be designated nearer the time

Ruth
07-06-2007, 09:58 AM
We will be coming - might even camp! Yeah!

Joooolieeeeee, we don't even have a tent!

:rolleyes:

squiffything
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe she ment to say you were intent on coming and got it a bit muddled in the translation ;)

benson
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I have booked the friday and the monday off so we can pootle up en masse - hope scrumps might join us too...

And indeed Ruth - no tent needed!!!!!:thumbsup:

Mand
07-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Joooolieeeeee, we don't even have a tent!

:rolleyes:

Yeah but I do! You are most welcome to borrow it! :mand:

benson
07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
No - they must be in the house Mand - capming is dangerous !!!!!

queen_gpants
07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I have booked the friday and the monday off so we can pootle up en masse - hope scrumps might join us too...

We've booked the Friday and Monday off too so looks like we'll be pootling up with you Rach :)

squiffything
07-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh pooh, having let this thread see the light of day again I'm all looking forward to it all over again and its still three months away. Will we keep this level of excitement up for so long and if we do we are gonna be be like a bunch of hyperactive kids who have just spent a week in the cola factory with a drink all you can challenge AAARRRGGGHHHH I want it now!!!!!

Gadget
07-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I have the Friday and Monday off also.
I will tag along and we can form a convoy.:gromit:

Julie
07-06-2007, 02:37 PM
We'll be along on the friday night until sunday - is that ok?

I'm sure i'll have a tent by then - do i need to pay anything now?

''Cooooooooommmmmming ready or not!''

benson
07-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Hurrah - we got ourselves a convoy - can we stop a lot for tea and chips???:thumbsup:

There are a few camping and I was thinking of asking for £25 each a night for campers - about half the price as the house mates are paying - is that OK with y'all??? I'll be asking for money when you turf up and I was thinking (yes - thinking again!!:shocked: ) that the additional camping funds can go in the refrehsment pot - that would save us the hassle of re working out everyone's bill and it means those of us who will have paid the balance have less to find for food and drink once there - seemed like a good plan to me!!

Right then - additional campers then - sign up sign up!!! (no pressure though!)

Julie & Ruth

Anyone else???

REALLY looking forard to seeing every one again and hoping that Celeste is noticing some real improvement in the pain by then - When's your op hon? Thinking of you!!!

queen_gpants
07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Hurrah - we got ourselves a convoy - can we stop a lot for tea and chips???:thumbsup:

REALLY looking forard to seeing every one again and hoping that Celeste is noticing some real improvement in the pain by then - When's your op hon? Thinking of you!!!

Ooooh chips and tea, always good for convoys...helps keep you motoring dontchaknow :D

Operation is 29th June hun, 3 weeks away....I should be fine by September if not Leigh will have to squeeze me into his topbox! :eek:

Anyway I have purchased nice new funky munky mirrors so I am determined to ride my bike so I can show them off :cool:

benson
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Well wishing you all the best hon - I'll e thinking of you and if you need or want a monster visitor I'm there!!!! You'd hear us all coming now wouldn't you!!! xxx

adds666
07-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Possibly Maybe might come. Duno yet. Would be camping and probs wiv a friend. Unfortunatly he not got a Duke. Dat alright??

so about 25 quid per nite each for camping?? Sounds really good and just saw this infamous hot tub ur talking about. lol

Put me down for a possible/probable.

Cheers

Adam

benson
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Would be great to have you along Adam - and your mate - my pal Sharon is coming on her Multistrada but if the weather's crap I know she'll be in the Land Rover instead so we're not too precious about vehicles!!!!

Shall we start a camping/additional list??

Logyk - somewhere on a sofa for three nights
Julie & Ruth Camping for Fri & Sat
Adam +1 - probable
Banditloon - probable

Hurrah for the Tideswell Posse!!!:look:

Julie
07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Must buy a tent now!
Can i use someones shower over the weekend?

Julie
07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah but I do! You are most welcome to borrow it! :mand:

Cool Moo Moo!

I might just do that.

benson
07-06-2007, 06:35 PM
:) Oh Ruth you SO don't have to camp - there's space inside - where it's warm and dry with a sofa bed!!!!! But if you are going to be rufty tufty campers the facilities are at your disposal!!!

scrumpster
07-06-2007, 07:00 PM
This is sounding like a blast, all excited!!!

benson
07-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I know - I know! It's just a pity that it's such a long time away!!!!

Julie
08-06-2007, 05:40 AM
:) Oh Ruth you SO don't have to camp - there's space inside - where it's warm and dry with a sofa bed!!!!! But if you are going to be rufty tufty campers the facilities are at your disposal!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm ok! You twisted our arms. x

benson
08-06-2007, 06:26 AM
well done - so relieved!!!
:thumbsup:

benson
10-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Right then girls & guys - as many of you will know we have booked the Tideswell Barn http://www.holidaycottage-tideswell.co.uk/intro.html from Friday 14th to Monday 17th September.

I need to pay the owner the balance by 14th July (oh god!!!) and it's over a grand so I need everyone's final payments to me by return of post please - that's a cheque made payable to me RACHEL SINGER (or if anyone fancies just sending me a cheque..... )

At the moment there are 14 of us signed up and I've received the following amounts from folks -

Gary N paid £50
Me paid £50
Scrumpster paid £50
Gilps paid £50
Mand Paid £100
My mate Sharon Paid £50
Squiffything & Sarah paid £100
Queen g pants (Celeste) & Leigh paid £100
Singletrack & Mr Singletrack paid £100
Slob & Thuli not paid anything yet

The total cost is £1,528 which is £109 each so please can I have the balances a.s.a.p.?

If anyone else wants to come I need your names and cash real soon - there is space for sleeping on sofas etc and of course camping, for which the fee is negotiable!!! (I'm thinking half the total price for those of us with a roof and a bed!) If folks want to turn up on the day then we'll take your cash off you for the beer and chips fund

Please PM me if you have any questions. Cheers,

Rachel

benson
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Latest attendee list!

Stu Pid
Logyk
Gary N
Me
Scrumpster
Gilps
Mand
My mate Sharon
Her mate Sally
Squiffything & Sarah
Queen g pants (Celeste) & Leigh
Singletrack & Mr Singletrack
Slob & Thuli

That makes 17 on my reckoning - I'll be doing some room rearranging but at this rate we will have some money left over in the coffers to go towards beer and things. There is a local complany that can also come and cook us supper IF we want it for about £20 a head - IF we're interested?

We do need to think about whether we want to look into doing something other than riding around, lazing in the hot tub and slobbing out - like clay pigeon shooting as mentioned before - as time is ticking on I could do with a steer fromo you about what you fancy getting up to!!!!!:on: :on: :on:

Gilps
11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Rachel - I'm up for the clay pigeon shooting. The price that you had before seems reasonable. Can you enquire if they can still fit us in. Ta chuck

squiffything
11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Sarah and I will still be offering to cook up a thai curry for one of the nights and will bring along the stuff for that (a flock of chickens, a sack of rice, chilli's to blow your head off half of East Anlia's finest veg, a boat load of eastern spices.....) Hopefully there will be a few cooking pots big enough to hold it all if not we'll use the hot tub :) If anyone wants to offer up an alternative for those who don't like things hot and spicey. That will be one of the evening meals sorted. The Catering Co. to come in and feed us one night a ride out for Chish and fips and Sharons world famous breckies should just about sort us for the weekend.

Any other suggestions?

benson
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I like your thinking Squiffster!!! So Friday night - the Squiffsters thai curry (hopefully with a less hot option please!!!)

I'm more than happy to do the breakfast thing with Sharon on at leat one of the mornings!!!

What say the rest of you about getting in the catering company - I think it would be about £20 a head - I'll go find the stuff and post the menu!

Meanwhile will get onto the clay pigeon shooting too.

Actually though I have to say - my PS2 and silly TT racing game is quite a lot of fun, as is the dance mat and I dobelieve Squiffs suggested bringing lots of silly board games etc etc - good old fashioned home grown fun!!!

benson
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Here's what I got a few months back - I have just e mailed them to see if they still have availability.....

Hello Rachel
Thank you for your enquiry. We can accommodate your group that day. We would recommend one of two options depending upon how long you wish to spend with us.

Firstly you could do our 30 bird experience. This allows the group to
experience shooting across a range of birds. You start at the hotel with a
bacon sandwich at around 10 or 10:30 am then we take you to the shooting
ground. You return to the hotel for depature around 12 to 12:30 with that
size of party. This is £35 per head

The other alternative is our combination 50 bird experience and competition.

You arrive at the hotel around 10:00 to 10:30 and are transported straight
to the shooting ground. We start you off on a 20 bird practice - across 3
targets. You then break for a light picnic lunch before regrouping for some
serious competition. We give you each a further 30 birds and scorecards.
This is £55 per head. Why not play for an attractive glass trophy for an
extra £1 per person?

We do hope you find this of interest. If you do want to book then drop us a
line confirming which package. We will require a deposit of £10 (non
refundable) per person at the time of booking (which you can do over the
phone directly with the hotel). Meanwhile we hope to hear from you

Kind regards
Marie T Smith
on behalf of Windy Harbour Corporate Clays

So - that's the cost - guess it depends if they can fit us in and if there are enough of us who want to give shooting a go!!!

logyk
11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
£20 a head sounds good value to me.

Happy to give the clay pigeon shooting a go........try anything once ;)

squiffything
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM

Phil clear your mail box buddy :)

logyk
11-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Mail box cleared!

BTW Rachel I know a fantastic ride to a pub in Congleton which is bike friendly ....the roads are just superb. Would be happy to lead if we have the time....would be a shame for you suvverners to come all that way and not sample what the area has to offer !

We could even do the Cat and Fiddle on the way back if anyone feels like it.

Lets hope the weather is kind .

benson
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Ooooh yes indeed! It's been a long time since I cat and fiddled so to speak!

I think we'll find plenty of things to amuse ourselves with over the weekend - and as long as I can spend a disproportionate amount of time in the hot tub that's fine with me!!!

Mand
11-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Ooooh yes indeed! It's been a long time since I cat and fiddled so to speak!

I think we'll find plenty of things to amuse ourselves with over the weekend - and as long as I can spend a disproportionate amount of time in the hot tub that's fine with me!!!

There are just so many things I could say to all of the above...... but I won't and I will leave it all for another day! :biggrin:

Cheque will be in the post tomorrow, just got to find my frigging cheque book now!

logyk
11-07-2007, 08:38 PM
There are just so many things I could say to all of the above...... but I won't and I will leave it all for another day! :biggrin:

Cheque will be in the post tomorrow, just got to find my frigging cheque book now!

Can't you just use your common or garden cheque book instead Mand ?

Save the friggin cheque book for a special occasion ?:devil:

Mand
12-07-2007, 12:46 PM

I am in shock Phil! I thought you had tried EVERYTHING! ;)

logyk
12-07-2007, 01:18 PM
You must have misheard Mand.....I did say only in the bedroom !:D

benson
12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
tart!!!!! I am truly shocked (yeah right!)

Mand
12-07-2007, 07:33 PM
You must have misheard Mand.....I did say only in the bedroom !:D

:eyepopping: :eyepopping: I thought you said you had tried ON everything in the bedroom...... :chuckle: including your skiwear...

Yup Rachel is right, you are a tart!!!! :D

logyk
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
can't you keep a secret ?

Mand
12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
can't you keep a secret ?

oooo I can keep secrets! :D

logyk
12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
then don't tell EVERYONE I'm a tart !

Mand
12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
then don't tell EVERYONE I'm a tart !

oh it is okay! The only people that know you are a tart (I believe Rachel started this?!?) is you, me, Rachel and a couple of other that are currently reading forum. It's not so bad. :biggrin:

logyk
12-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh that's alright then !:cool:

slob
12-07-2007, 09:02 PM
...you, me, Rachel and a couple of other that are currently reading forum....

Around one thousand, nine hundred and ninety seven at the last count.

benson
13-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Scrumpster paid £50
Logyk
Stu Pid
Mand Paid £100
Squiffything & Sarah paid £100
Queen g pants (Celeste) & Leigh paid £100

Gary N paid in full
Me paid (sort of obvious I know)
Slob & Thuli paid in full
Sharon & Sally Paid in full
Singletrack & Mr Singletrack paid in full
Gilps paid in full

Thanks for the dosh - and roll on September - by then we must have some sun on order!!!

queen_gpants
13-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry only just read this and the PM's (yes I am useless) anyhow's cheque will go in the post today Rach but you probably wont get it till Monday or Tuesday as those lazy sods at Royal Mail are on bloody strike today ! (sorry if we have any royal mail peeps on here but I was expecting something very important in the post this morning :nash: )

All the activity suggestions sound good but not really up for clay pigeon shooting, wont be much fun for me tho as I have no hand eye co-ordination due to being blind in one eye so Radar and I will amuse ourselves in other ways whilst you're all out doing that :booze:

slob
13-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Sorry only just read this and the PM's (yes I am useless) anyhow's cheque will go in the post today Rach but you probably wont get it till Monday or Tuesday as those lazy sods at Royal Mail are on bloody strike today ! (sorry if we have any royal mail peeps on here but I was expecting something very important in the post this morning :nash: )

All the activity suggestions sound good but not really up for clay pigeon shooting, wont be much fun for me tho as I have no hand eye co-ordination due to being blind in one eye so Radar and I will amuse ourselves in other ways whilst you're all out doing that :booze:

no hand eye co-ordination is a bit of a worry looking at the archery pic in your avatar Celeste

queen_gpants
13-07-2007, 01:01 PM
no hand eye co-ordination is a bit of a worry looking at the archery pic in your avatar Celeste

Well clay pigeon shooting and archery are completely different Slob, I shoot at a fixed target in archery, it's moving targets I can't shoot at which is why I would be useless at clay pigeon shooting

benson
13-07-2007, 02:52 PM
At this rate it's only Gilps who wants to shoot at things! I thinkwe may need to re think that option! Meanwhe it seems we are all up for having our tea cooked on Saturday night!!! I ill chat to the owner tomorrow when I pay him because i think it's his partner and her mate who do the cooking - are there any veggies out there???

slob
13-07-2007, 04:04 PM
At this rate it's only Gilps who wants to shoot at things! I thinkwe may need to re think that option! Meanwhe it seems we are all up for having our tea cooked on Saturday night!!! I ill chat to the owner tomorrow when I pay him because i think it's his partner and her mate who do the cooking - are there any veggies out there???

Oi, I PM'd you to say I wanted to shoot things too!

Gilps
13-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Oi, I PM'd you to say I wanted to shoot things too!

Let's shoot veggies.

scrumpster
13-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I'd rather drink than shoot I think, but the meal sounds spot on, and I'm a bit skint as per usual :worried:

benson
13-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Shooting :woot:
Slob
Gilps
Logyk

Dinner on Saturday at £20 a head (about) :yoparty:
Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson

C'mon y'all (why the southern accent - oh yes - I'm having a Nicky Hayden moment..) sing up for yer choices!!!

slob
13-07-2007, 05:49 PM
...I'm having a Nicky Hayden moment..

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=10824&d=1184348895

benson
13-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Aaawww shucks - where'd she go????:on: :on: :on:

benson
13-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Actually....it's not such a bad swap!!!

scrumpster
13-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Tut tut!!!

slob
13-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Shooting veggies
Slob
Gilps
Logyk

Dinner on Saturday at £20 a head (about)
Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson
slob
Thuli

Gilps
13-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Shooting veggies
Slob
Gilps
Logyk

Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson
slob
Thuli
Gilps

Mand
14-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Shooting veggies
Slob
Gilps
Logyk
Mand

Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson
slob
Thuli
Gilps
Mand

Gadget
14-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Shooting veggies:

Slob
Gilps
Logyk
Mand
Gadget

Dinner on Saturday at £20 a head (about):

Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson
slob
Thuli
Gilps
Mand
Gadget

benson
14-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Scrumpster paid £50, £59 to go
Stu Pid £109 to go
Squiffything & Sarah paid £100 - £118 to go
Queen g pants (Celeste) & Leigh paid £100 - £118 to go

I know a few of you have posted them off but the postal strike has probably slowed them down!

Gilps paid in fullThanks to Logyk and Mand for the cheques!

scrumpster
14-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I feel guilty for not paying you promptly now :worried: I will sell one of the kids soon I promise

benson
14-07-2007, 11:48 PM
And thanks to Rob too - sorry for not including you on the other post - your cheque arrived on Friday actually! Scrumps - please don't worry, the track day is fine!:drunk:

scrumpster
15-07-2007, 04:54 PM
And thanks to Rob too - sorry for not including you on the other post - your cheque arrived on Friday actually! Scrumps - please don't worry, the track day is fine!:drunk:

Do you take mastercard? Just found out I may have to find £500 to get my house repaired :worried:

benson
15-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear that - I empathise after my roof pretended to be a sieve recently...Never mind - as my avatar says - why die in credit???

Hope everyone has had a good weekend - I went to Ely yesterday and had a lovely run there and back, my mate Justine has bought one of those MP3 Piaggio 3 wheeled doodahs and we took it for a spin - or whatever you do with three wheels! Bought an atlas of east anglia today and went down some roads I didn't know existed today before the rain attacked me half way through the afternoon - oh the English summer!!!

squiffything
16-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Shooting veggies:

Slob
Gilps
Logyk
Mand
Gadget

Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson
slob
Thuli
Gilps
Mand
Gadget
Squiffs and Sarah

Sorry to hear that - I empathise after my roof pretended to be a sieve recently...Never mind - as my avatar says - why die in credit???

Hope everyone has had a good weekend - I went to Ely yesterday and had a lovely run there and back, my mate Justine has bought one of those MP3 Piaggio 3 wheeled doodahs and we took it for a spin - or whatever you do with three wheels! Bought an atlas of east anglia today and went down some roads I didn't know existed today before the rain attacked me half way through the afternoon - oh the English summer!!!

You were so close and yet so far. Stayed over me Ma's sat night/sun morning in Soham so just 5 miles down the road. The cheque would have been with you for ours if it wasn't for those post people having a holiday. Let me know if and when you get it.

benson
16-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Shooting veggies:

Slob
Gilps
Logyk
Mand
Gadget
Sally
Sharon Hollows

Scrumpster
Logyk
Benson
slob
Thuli
Gilps
Mand
Gadget
Squiffs
SarahSally
Sharon Hollows

queen_gpants
16-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh futtocks, sadly we've got to drop out as I have just sold my flat, it only went on the market last Friday !

Looks like we will be completing early to mid September as there's no chain and they're 1st time buyers so we're gonna be up to necks in packing boxes and desparately trying to find somewhere to rent.... really really sorry guys, just wasnt expecting things to happen this quickly !

benson
16-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Right then - that's a spare double room which means more space for us or we could attempt to find a new recruit or two? :idea:

Gilps
16-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I thought Julie and Ruth needed a room.

benson
16-07-2007, 06:46 PM
yeah - they do - I've PM'd them but not heard back - I'll try again!!!

Mand
16-07-2007, 07:06 PM
yeah - they do - I've PM'd them but not heard back - I'll try again!!!

Julie is in Spain at the mo...

benson
16-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I've definitely gone off them both - how dare Julie be in the sun!!!!!

Right - Squiffy and Mrs Squiffy are offering to cook Thai curry Friday night - he can do a mild and a slightly (!) hotter version - I suggest you PM Squiffything with any dietary requirement doodahs...:didge:

I'm also thinking that we ought to do a big shop en route - I think Sarah (Mrs Squiffy) and Sally are driving so we could stop off en route and fill up with basic supplies (wine, beer and cider and stuff for the curry and breakfasts!) so would everyone be OK with contributing to a shared kitty (no jokes!) ?:on:

logyk
17-07-2007, 05:53 AM
I am definitely up for a shared kitty;) :spin: ;)

squiffything
17-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Right I'm definately not bringing my cat!!!

Shared Kitty is good

scrumpster
17-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't mind contributing to a kitty. I'll have to meet you somewhere en route.

benson
17-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds as if we have a plan as well as a convoy and a shared kitty - is that legal I wonder?

Meanwhile I have 7 of us down for veggie shooting and the hotel will happily work with this number in the group. I have to call and given them a £10 deposit per person which I will do by the end of the week SO if anyone else wants to join in the shooting please can you sign up on this list. I'll be asking for cheques before the end of the month all being well.:thumbsup:

Shooting veggies -
Slob
Gilps
Logyk
Mand
Gadget
Sally
Sharon Hollows

benson
21-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Right then - three weeks to go or something like that... Is Derbyshire ready I wonder???

So far there are 12 of us confirmed and a few who aren't sure if they'll make it or not.

If anyone else wants to come then please PM me - there is space available nd I think a few folks have had to drop out so there are beds/cushions at the ready!:mand: :mand: :mand:

squiffything
22-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Come on people we want to see as many of you lovely Monsterers as we can.

Good food, lovely relaxed company, clay turnip shooting for those who wanna have a go, a ride out to the coast, Beer and Wine, and a break away from the monotony that we all call life. Beds available, camping available what more could you ask for?

Come on sign up now for a weekend of fun and giggles and get your cheque off to Rachel before it's too late.

scrumpster
22-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah join the nutters - should be an absolute blast what with the hot tub and champers. Monsterers can do posh :mand:

benson
22-08-2007, 12:31 PM
he he he - posh monsters!!!! And those of us in the hot tub will of course be in swim wear!!!!

scrumpster
22-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Blimey I forgot the swimwear bit and my cozzy broke last time I wore it, I may be sat on edge dipping my tootsies then - actually I have a few spare cozzies around, but it's not a pretty sight!!!! :look:

minnie_minx
22-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Will there be a Sunday rideout/meetup for those of us poor gits who can't make it (it being a term time and all :mad: )

Assuming of course you can prise yourselves out of the hottub ;) and you're not still too :drunk:

benson
22-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Hoping to head to Matlock bath on the Sunday for fish, chips and a natter - likely to be lunchtime and by then we should hope to be sufficiently sober to be in charge of our bikes!!!

Mand
22-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Blimey I forgot the swimwear bit and my cozzy broke last time I wore it, I may be sat on edge dipping my tootsies then - actually I have a few spare cozzies around, but it's not a pretty sight!!!! :look:

oooo I have a tankini with sequins on it..... yes really! :biggrin:

benson
22-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Mand - I am so proud to know you my lovely!!! Hurrah!!! I must go and purchase some equally splendid clothing !!!

Mand
22-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Mand - I am so proud to know you my lovely!!! Hurrah!!! I must go and purchase some equally splendid clothing !!!

:chuckle: :chuckle:

Oooo I think it is a case of just being "special".... <needs>

benson
22-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I know what you mean...But think of all the special fun we can have over the weekend! I can't wait!!! I think we should get a TESCO delivery of wine and beer and bacon and breakfast stuff to the barn and that way we don't have to go anywhere!!!!!

Mand
22-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I know what you mean...But think of all the special fun we can have over the weekend! I can't wait!!! I think we should get a TESCO delivery of wine and beer and bacon and breakfast stuff to the barn and that way we don't have to go anywhere!!!!!

oooo we are hard core motorcyclists..... bring it on! :biggrin:

I won't forget the chocolate. :chuckle:

Gadget
22-08-2007, 07:08 PM
His and hers.:woot:

Mand
22-08-2007, 07:11 PM
His and hers.:woot:

Those piccies were teeny tiny but made me laugh all the same.

If it is too bloody cold I'll be wearing a wet suit! With sequins sewn on of course!

benson
22-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I couldn't resist a new avatar - Gary - you are a star of avatar hunters!!!

scrumpster
22-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I got a whale costume :p

benson
22-08-2007, 07:36 PM
He he he - I got a blow up lobster from Jenny as a present from her holiday in Spain! I mean - how special is that???:cool:

Mand
22-08-2007, 07:40 PM
He he he - I got a blow up lobster from Jenny as a present from her holiday in Spain! I mean - how special is that???:cool:

Now that is cool.... you must bring it to Derbyshire in fact..... lets bring inflatables for the jacuzzi!

I found that blow up geeeetar that I acquired from the Abba Tribute band in Suffolk the other day.... unfortunately it has a puncture. :cry:

benson
22-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Indeed - I have a blow up palm tree, seagull and dinghy from our last dventure in Heacham Norfolk - they can all come and we can have our very own tropical island!!!:eek:

squiffything
23-08-2007, 05:37 AM

Well beings as we are going posh and by the looks of the swimming cossies a little retro aswell I think you girls should all bring along your sheila's wheels outfits as Sarah will now be driving up in my new purchase a lovely Saab 900 convertable. You can drop the roof down jump in the cream leather seats blast up the stereo and pop on down to tesco's in a full on thelma and louise stylee. Come on ladies you know you wanna. :)

singletrack
23-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Now that is cool.... you must bring it to Derbyshire in fact..... lets bring inflatables for the jacuzzi!

I found that blow up geeeetar that I acquired from the Abba Tribute band in Suffolk the other day.... unfortunately it has a puncture. :cry:

I'd like to see her bringing that up, fully inflated, on the bike.

It looks like I willl definitely be coming but Andy will have to stay at home :thumbsdown:

Benson, I will be in touch tonight to let you know about thai food (yum!) money/ kitty/clay pigeon shooting etc.

Anne

I can't wait!

benson
23-08-2007, 07:30 AM
He he he - a convertible - so it's you wehave to blame for the lack of summer then Graham!!!:scratch:

And yes - all things inflatable fnaa fnaaa - and there's more - I forgot the parrot!

Anne it willbe lovely to see you - I'm so sorry that your partner can't make it but we promise to send you home with good sotries that should turn him a nice shade of green!:ukm: I'll be around this evening to grab any PM's that come in...

benson
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Right then - looks like our mate Scrumpster won't make this one because of child care - so IF ANYONE WANTS A CHEAP PLACE SEND HER A PM!!!!!:yoparty:

Meanwhile only two weeks to go - hurrah!!!

scrumpster
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
VERY WOE IS ME :cry:

benson
01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I know mate - but we will find a way to celebrate on another occasion!!!:booze:

Chappers
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Right then - looks like our mate Scrumpster won't make this one because of child care - so IF ANYONE WANTS A CHEAP PLACE SEND HER A PM!!!!!:yoparty:

Meanwhile only two weeks to go - hurrah!!!

She's coming now with Dan isn't she or do you have to ask the 'housemates' permission first? :scratch:

slob
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
....with Dan

EEEEK! child(ren)!?

benson
03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
I've asked Sharon to ask those concerned for their honest opinions about whether she could bring her son...

singletrack
03-09-2007, 09:57 AM
How old is he?
Does he like washing up?
Can he cook?
Can he clean?
Will he make a suitable partner for my 15 year old daughter?

benson
03-09-2007, 09:58 AM
He's 12 - cute and used to drunken behavious - not necessarily Sharon's of course! He also has a play station and I've got lots of games...(Sorry - I'm an addict) Bit young for your daughter but he's bound to grow!!!

I've now been thinking a lot about this - and for me personally, even though I suggested Sharon asked others about bringing a child, I think it's an adult event. I have nothing against children but to me I think this is an adult themed weekend - I'm sorry if that makes me a killjoy but in terms of just relaxing I would prefer it that way - I'm being honest and I know this might offend some folks but I'd rather speak up about it. Hope that makes sense?

Rachel

bigredduke
13-09-2007, 07:06 PM
OK, for those of us who can't make it for the whole weekend, wots going down on Saturday? I thought I might mosey on down to say hello if a Saturday event or rideout is planned (weather permitting as always). You will be relieved to hear that I can't impose on your hospitality on saturday night 'cos Mrs BRD is working early Sunday!

Mand
14-09-2007, 06:45 AM
OK, for those of us who can't make it for the whole weekend, wots going down on Saturday? I thought I might mosey on down to say hello if a Saturday event or rideout is planned (weather permitting as always). You will be relieved to hear that I can't impose on your hospitality on saturday night 'cos Mrs BRD is working early Sunday!

I'm going and I am not sure what is happening, nothing new there you think, I believe we off to shoot some clays and doing a bit of a ride out, I'll PM you my mobile number BigRed if you decide to visit us. :)

I better get off this bloody computer, I've got a rucksack to pack..... :woot:

Gadget
14-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I am leavng now. See you all later.:)

singletrack
14-09-2007, 07:04 AM
I'll be leaving about 11 - see you there at 3-4 pm ish :D

slob
14-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I'll be leaving about 11 - see you there at 3-4 pm ish :D

Ditto, will pick up benson and then proceed by As and Bs.

singletrack
14-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Ditto, will pick up benson and then proceed by As and Bs.

Might see you on the way then :woot:

Mand
14-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Don't forget to pack your swimwear!!! :woot:

Nonnie
14-09-2007, 07:30 AM
OMG I'm so jealous. Have a fab time, take plenty of pictures and have a drink for me.

squiffything
14-09-2007, 07:53 AM
:( Sararah not been allowed the time off work so we will be leaving late this afternoon and arriving around 8.30 hopefully but I will be preparing food all day to keep me busy and to cut down on the time needed there to prepare dinner. I did explain to Rach that it will be a late supper but that don't mean you lot need to go and pig out today just keep them bellies empty so that it all gets eaten. Sees ya all laters

singletrack
14-09-2007, 08:03 AM
:( Sararah not been allowed the time off work so we will be leaving late this afternoon and arriving around 8.30 hopefully but I will be preparing food all day to keep me busy and to cut down on the time needed there to prepare dinner. I did explain to Rach that it will be a late supper but that don't mean you lot need to go and pig out today just keep them bellies empty so that it all gets eaten. Sees ya all laters

Oooh I am looking forward to sampling your food squiffy

Go to go and pack my swimming cossie.
see you there.

squiffything
14-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Well Ive been asked to do my normal and a milder one so there will be a selection Please bear in mind that this is a simple dish that I do for me and the lovely one and have never done a dinner for 15 before OMG how many?!

I do hope it turns out ok. Right thats me off to the supermarket to get a flock of chickens and a kilo of hot hottie peppers See ya's all laters

nbatty3
14-09-2007, 08:17 AM
i'm afraid i cant do all weekend with you guys would it be possible to join you guys on a ride out or 2? is it possible to pm me or text me estimated locations and times ta
neil

p.s. i have retired my monster sorn to track days only but would you guys accept a 1098 as proxy? 07973864458

squiffything
14-09-2007, 08:22 AM
i'm afraid i cant do all weekend with you guys would it be possible to join you guys on a ride out or 2? is it possible to pm me or text me estimated locations and times ta
neil

p.s. i have retired my monster sorn to track days only but would you guys accept a 1098 as proxy? 07973864458

only if we can all have a go :)

nbatty3
14-09-2007, 08:31 AM
only if we can all have a go :)

with pleasure!!!
(all you need is a £12k deposit in cash i'll fill the tank for you and off you go!!:) )

benson
14-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I'll be there about 5 I think - need to pick up my pillion and the head off into the sunset - in the direction of a prawn curry - Squiffy there are 11 of us!!!

See you all later and be in touch -07973 449 354

Benson

squiffything
14-09-2007, 11:17 AM
with pleasure!!!
(all you need is a £12k deposit in cash i'll fill the tank for you and off you go!!:) )

Damn they always want a deposit :)

I'll just sit and drawl then. Hope to see ya there Batty come and have fun.

squiffything
14-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I'll be there about 5 I think - need to pick up my pillion and the head off into the sunset - in the direction of a prawn curry - Squiffy there are 11 of us!!!

See you all later and be in touch -07973 449 354

Benson

Ooops then there will be plenty for everyone then :) Curry for breakfast anyone?

Mand
16-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Ooops then there will be plenty for everyone then :) Curry for breakfast anyone?

Mr. Thing.... that curry was absolutely SUBLIME!!!!!!! :heart:

Nonnie
16-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Enough about the curry already! I want to know what happened, who said what, who did what, where you went, what you did, is everyone else home or did people get too drunk they couldn't ride back (it's happened to me before). I need to know!

Tell me everything!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mand
17-09-2007, 07:39 AM
You were missed my sweet.

Well we ate curry, drank beer, rode our bikes, shot some clays, ate some more, took photos of monsters in a line, got in the hot tub, drank champers, I ate sausage in the pub, had a cracking ride down the A54, had a mega lunch, rode back, dropped in the Cat and Fiddle, rode back to the barn, watched the GP and ate cake. I came home last night, had to go back to parent mode and catch up with Mr. Argh 1.

It was ace!!!

I hope it stays dry for the others who I assume are currently on their way home.

xx

Nonnie
17-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Yay! Excellent report there Mand. Everything I needed to know! I shall eagerley await the rest and the pictures!

I was jealous all weekend.

xx

squiffything
17-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Mand summed it up it was an ace weekend. Very enjoyable with company that was lovely, whitty, informative, fun, and best of all chilled out. The relaxed atmoshere throughout the weekend was just what was needed.

Sitting in a hottub with champagne in the glass and the best of company around you cannot be beat. Good food was within walking distance and drink was staggering distance from the couch :)

Although Sarah and I were only in the car we drove over the A54 from Buxton to Conngleton and enjoyed the most amazing road. Around ten miles or so of mostly empty straights and bends, hills and valleys and the odd sheep it was like driving a roller-coaster. The Guys and gals on the bikes all got off at the meeting point with the widest grins which epitomised the run across. This was followed by a sunday roast which went down very well. Then the ride/drive back just to make sure it was as much fun as we thought.

Ann's Hypermotard looked reslendent in all its Ducati designer bling and it has seduced me I am now working on a possible trade in for the monnie does anyone know if they do it in black?

Well thank you Rach for organising a wonderful weekend and I hope you all have a safe ride home today. Well met the rest of you and here's looking forward to seeing you all again.