PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new Monster owner

MAD PIG
28-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi all, I just got myself a 2005 Tangerine S2R 800 and cant believe how much fun ive been having on it. Have only ever ridden Jap 600 sports bikes in the past and never thought naked bikes could be anywhere near as much fun, i was so wrong. I might even get to keep my licence as was struggling to push it past 90, need to get used to the wind. The bug has started now, she has started to spend my money. I have brought a carbon hugger, R + G crash protectors, taken off the pillion foot pegs and am thinking about shortening the rear. I found a place not to far from me, www.rossocorse.co.uk that do back chops. does anyone know if this would effect with an MOT having no fender on the rear?

Cheers

New Monster fan, Cliff

scrapps
28-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi and welcome to the mad house.:yoparty:
I have fitted a jmo chop kit to my monnie no probs with mot and looks great.

Mr C
28-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I bought my S4 as a stop gap after totalling my 996. That was nearly 2 years ago they are the most fun you can have on 2 wheels. Nakeds are the Future

benson
28-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome mister mad pig - I so like that name...

Rosso Corse are great guys - and they can persuade you to have all sorts of clever mods done too - the list is endless...

As for the wind blast above 90 - we all have very short necks - you'll see that when you meet us over time!!! :scratch:

Welcome to the club and have fun on that bike - and all the money you could have spent on speeding fines ou can now spend on bling instead!!!

redheinz57
28-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi MAD PIG
I have just finished doing the chop myself. Bought a carbon modified rear tray and chopped 8cm off of the frame and if i do say myself with modified rear lights it looks the dogs ********

scrumpster
28-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Welcome Mr Pig, whoops Mad Pig, I agree with Benson, good name!!

If you have a screen you can dip down below and get a few more MPH out of the beast.

Enjoy and welcome to the club :yoparty:

Kato
28-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Welcome Mad Pig
As Benson say's the rosso corse boy's are brill, I personaly have given them several thousand of my hard earned and still don't have a bad word to say.....

zxebeast
28-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey dude

Congrats on choosing one of the koolest motorcycles to ever come out of an assembly line.

You will be glad you joined ukmoc. These guys are top scratch.

I recommend speeds of + 110 for doublin the size of your neck muscles.

Pugi
29-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Welcome.
Good choice of bike too!
I notie the wind doesn't matter the more you get used to it...so go easy.

Yorkie
29-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the Mad House!

Yorkie.

MAD PIG
29-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Its booked in friday morning at Rosso's for the chop. Ill also start my neck exercises.

MAD PIG, Cliff.

benson
29-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Well done mad one!!! You'll no doubt end up parting with HUGE amounts of cash now you have a monster but hell., why die in credit???:o