PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Advice

Gim
23-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Ok guys I need some advice (and no s******ing!):o As you may be aware (or not) I have just returned to monstering after a bit of a break, a year of which has been spent potatoing around on a harley. The thing is I fear Sally
s4r is getting a bit miffed at not being used to her full potential. I know we can get those chicken strips down but just cant seem to get there ! Would a track day help? I dont want to go somewhere and end up on a track racing other bikes I just need someone to just help me find my comfortable limits. You may stop laughing at my ignorance now ! Any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Rob

Gim
23-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Ok whats wrong with the word s n i g g e r i n g !

Zimbo
23-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I think a track day sounds a great idea, but beware they're addictive! You'll be aware of our Monster club trackday at Mallory Park in June, which is highly recommended, otherwise most trackdays are fairly well run and you should have few problems and a lot of fun. I rate No Limits as a trackday provider, followed by Hottrax. Brands or Lydden would be your two closest tracks, of those two I'd do Brands. Might be worth a small trek up to Cadwell Park as well.

slob
23-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Zimbo's absolutely right, Lydden is bit small for an S4, great for 250-400 or supermotos. Brands can be relatively expensive, as they capitalise on being close to London.
As a first trackday, the UKMOC one at Mallory is ideal, friendly crowd, no banzai maniacs on R1s etc. Also the weather we be a bit better by then making the grip more predictable.
They are addictive! I did my first at Mallory last June and did two more in '05.
I somehow managed to squeeze nine in this year!

rockjock620
23-11-2006, 09:16 PM
not needed, just get out with people who are a bit more "current" in their riding. you'll soon get the hang of it. Nine trackdays - think how many tankfuls of gas that would buy and the places you could go!