PDA

View Full Version : My temperamental M620I

Andyt
23-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Hello all ,

After my recent problems with the lighting on the display panel I thought everything was well in the world. Bike running great and boy is it so much cooler than my former bike(CBR 600 hONDA).

Unfortunately I got back from 3 weeks holiday to run into more problems. Apparently Ducatis don't like being left untended for long periods of time.

I start up and warm her up, as usual. Decide to nip back into house for wallet, so I switch off the ignition. Only the engine keeps trying to kick over.

My engineer mate says its a "sticky solenoid". Has anyone come across this problem, and if so did you need to replace it. My bike only has 2000 miles on the clock !!!.

Incidentally to add to the hassle, the clutch then stuck( my mate the engineer says this happens with Monsters if you leave them unused for more than a couple of weeks.

Anyway I still love my Ducati. I'm just having to come to terms with her rebellious Italian temperament. A bit like my wife really, only the Ducati doesn't talk back so much !!!

Pedro
23-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Sticky solenoid is not uncommon.....

as for the clutch sticking, it's not really any different to a jap wet clutch so it's not a Ducati specific thing

benson
23-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Try giving the solenoid a but of a gentle tap... Yes they're quirky but that's the charm...As for the clutch - wot Ped sed!

bod
23-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Replace the stater solenoid small balck thing with 2 thick red wires going to it near the starter motor,low battery voltage sometimes fuses the contacts.
Cheap to replace mine did it in the 1st year of being new!

Andyt
24-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks Guys