PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Clutch Question

outlaw7
21-11-2006, 08:02 AM
When I take off the pressure plate, should the rod from the hydraulic clutch come out with it?

I can't get the rod out from the pressure plate, it seems to be sealed in the bearing very tight.

Am I missing something, or do I need to give it a good whack? :worried:
cheers

Stafford
21-11-2006, 10:34 AM
When I've had mine apart the rod, bearing and plate came out as a unit.
But all three are individual (we're all individuals!!) The shaft comes out quite easily with a gently tap using the correct size drift. The bearing was removed using the old two socket trick. Use two sockets one just bigger the the OD of the bearing (inside) and just the right size to fit from the outside of the plate against the bearing. Put the whole lot in a vice, keep it square and gently push the bearing into the socket on the inside. This helps keep all the forces local to what you want to move and thus not distort, or break the pressure plate.
Cheers
Q

Reassemble with a little coppa slip or appropriate grease. And keep it square!!

outlaw7
21-11-2006, 01:09 PM
When I've had mine apart the rod, bearing and plate came out as a unit.
But all three are individual (we're all individuals!!) The shaft comes out quite easily with a gently tap using the correct size drift. The bearing was removed using the old two socket trick. Use two sockets one just bigger the the OD of the bearing (inside) and just the right size to fit from the outside of the plate against the bearing. Put the whole lot in a vice, keep it square and gently push the bearing into the socket on the inside. This helps keep all the forces local to what you want to move and thus not distort, or break the pressure plate.
Cheers
Q

Reassemble with a little coppa slip or appropriate grease. And keep it square!!

Cheers Q,

I thought that might be the case, but thought I should check first! Thanks for the prompt reply.

(we're all individuals!!) I'm not....

Ben