PDA

View Full Version : New Style Tea-tray

MilesB
20-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Anyone got a new style Tea Tray surplus:
That's 02 onwards, curvy style, with 4No captive bolts to hold it on.
(Don't need the indicators - just the tray)

Thanks
Miles

MilesB
24-11-2006, 08:09 AM
I don't believe no-one's got a spare tea tray they'd be happy to download :worried:
Failing that, anyone know how much they cost from Ducati :scratch:

farl
24-11-2006, 09:12 AM
did i see one on ebay last night? or was it on here.. saw one being advertised from a 2004 S2R. willl have a look for it.

Here it is..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-MONSTER-S2R-REAR-MUD-GUARD_W0QQitemZ330051820280QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1044 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lady-Bob
24-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I've got a spare one with the captive bolts, but one is sheared off.... you could shear the others of to match it up??

I bought it from Albie but the bolts didn't align to the old square t-tray 'oles.... and when I tried getting the nut off one of the bolts it just snapped.

Albie said it didn't take much to get it to fit but I'm not confident to do it. Plus I am actually thinking of a tail chop since Scrapps' looks so good (God forgive me for thinking this way but I can't help myself!! :worried: )

MilesB
24-11-2006, 10:13 AM
I've got a spare one with the captive bolts, but one is sheared off.... you could shear the others of to match it up??
Thanx for the offer Bob, but I'm after one for the same reason - one of the bolts sheared off last time I removed it :grump: - and I now want to put it back on.

MilesB
24-11-2006, 10:16 AM
did i see one on ebay last night? or was it on here.. saw one being advertised from a 2004 S2R. willl have a look for it.
Here it is..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-MONSTER-S2R-REAR-MUD-GUARD_W0QQitemZ330051820280QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1044 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thanx Farl - I'll keep an eye on it... only 99p + Postage at the mo :rolleyes:

Stafford
24-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanx Farl - I'll keep an eye on it... only 99p + Postage at the mo :rolleyes:

If you get it I'll have the reflector with mount, mine seems to have got a bit rusty and dropped off !!

Otherwise what you can do is.
Get a replacement cap screw of the correct length to replace your snapped one. Rough up the head with the grinder, and run a 6mm nut all the way to the bottom and tighten.
Use a 4" grinder to heat up the old bolt by cutting it low down where it sets in the plastic.
As you do this watch the plastic get warm and quite soft, at this point pull out the offending old bolt and shove in your new cap screw. The plastic is themo setting so as it cools is goes hard again. You could also let it cool and use araldite as well, I've tried both ways when two of mine snapped and both work.

Cheers and good luck,
Stafford

slob
24-11-2006, 12:29 PM
About 15 quid new Miles, I'm afraid I only have 3 broken ones, which is why I eventually went for the tail-chop.

gary tompkins
24-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Miles,

I could be wrong - but I've a feeling they don't cost very much from Ducati as a new part? I know bit's like this normally cost and arm and a leg, but couple of dealers a call - you may be pleasantly surprised? :cool:

gary tompkins
24-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Bugger! Slob beat me to it.... ignore that last post - DOH!

MilesB
24-11-2006, 12:50 PM
About 15 quid new Miles.
Well that's the top bid for e-bay (£7 + £8 postage :D )

Stuff it - I'm down at Motoline Ducati (Ashford) tomorrow, I'll see if they have one in stock.

If you get it I'll have the reflector with mount, mine seems to have got a bit rusty and dropped off !!
Mine ain't dropped off yet, but it's looking pretty rubbish.

Otherwise what you can do is.
Get a replacement cap screw of the correct length to replace your snapped one. Rough up the head with the grinder, and run a 6mm nut all the way to the bottom and tighten.
Use a 4" grinder to heat up the old bolt by cutting it low down where it sets in the plastic.
As you do this watch the plastic get warm and quite soft, at this point pull out the offending old bolt and shove in your new cap screw. The plastic is themo setting so as it cools is goes hard again. You could also let it cool and use araldite as well, I've tried both ways when two of mine snapped and both work.
Hmmm worth a try (nothing to loose anyway) - I'll check with the workshop boss :heart: ;) to see if its a go-er.

Thanx all.
Miles

slob
24-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Will have a look this weekend, I may have one somwhere.

Stafford
24-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Will have a look this weekend, I may have one somwhere.

Thanks Rob
Stafford

sidrat
24-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I have one, just put new carbon one on, dont have the nuts, but as it was new on the bike in march this year, is in good cond, let me know if you are interested

JMo
24-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I would usually burn them in a sacrifical offering to the god of the tail chop... but I also have my original one spare if you're stuck... only 4 days old you know x

xxx

ps. Lady-bob... come to mama, you know it makes sense x

gary tompkins
25-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I would usually burn them in a sacrifical offering to the god of the tail chop... but I also have my original one spare if you're stuck... only 4 days old you know x

xxx

ps. Lady-bob... come to mama, you know it makes sense x

4 days... as old as that eh? :shocked:

Ladybob go for it - you know it makes sense ;)