PDA

View Full Version : Ever considered riding without protection?

bigredduke
17-11-2006, 03:52 PM
You know how it is.........

Stafford
17-11-2006, 03:55 PM
I wonder where the next piccie is, as they're going down.
Q

Yorkie
17-11-2006, 03:56 PM
How to look like a tin of pealed tomatoes!!! Very messy!

Yorkie.

CrashMonkey
17-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Bloody hell, that bike is going over... I watched a tourist on a moped skin themselves at some traffic lights in cyprus once, not pretty :worried:

Redkite2
17-11-2006, 04:33 PM
I remember this from a few months back -the pro photographer who took the shots got a lot of mail van concerned bikers and he posted an update (not the pictures of the aftermath though). Obviously they went down but apparently they got away with it with just scrapes and bruises and weren't as badly off as you might expect.

Bodybag
17-11-2006, 05:26 PM
The rider wants a pasting for riding too quick with a pillion and for allowing a pillion to get on dressed like a beach bum!! Pair of idiots. Got to laugh though haven't you?! :eek: I'm looking at it from the "wouldn't catch me doing that" point of view and it serves them right.

jerry
18-11-2006, 06:26 AM
I dont wear leather in england as i find it uncomfortable but have Gialli kevlar jeans , heinGericke armoured jacket and decent helmet and gloves and boots.

In Thailand i wear jeans ,boots, gloves UKmade helmet sometimes a T shirt or a Ducati Panigale jacket , its to hot for leathers or heavy protective gear, i have seen riders here get heatstroke from wearing leathers.

most rider here dont even wear gear as good as mine , helmets made here are weak

jerry

Plum
19-11-2006, 01:44 AM
Have to admit, i have ridden over here in shorts and t-shirt. Its so wrong and stupid. I know we have a really low speed limit over here, but its still exposed skin against tarmac, and it still bloody hurts!

Have ridden in Maui without a lid, but considered putting it on again whilst passing the graveyard:worried: :worried:

Guzzirider
19-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I am normally the type who shakes his head when I see others in shorts and t shirts. So when I went on a biking holiday in the USA this July, I packed a lightweight breatheable fabric armoured jacket, summer gloves and armoured Hood denim jeans with my Alpinestars determined to be Mr Safety, even though I knew it would be hot. This lasted approximately 3 hours before I was riding around in a T shirt- and I spent the next 3 weeks doing the same, and riding without a lid in the states like Arizona that permitted it. Why? Because it was really too hot, with temperatures normally over 100 degrees, and in the 120s in some parts like the Mojave desert so it was just plain dangerous to wear any gear because of the risk of heat exhaustion. I can guarantee that anyone else would have done the same- or basically just boiled. I now don't criticise the Yanks that ride around like that- I just hope they don't fall off!