PDA

View Full Version : London Motorcycle Show at Excel in Feb

benson
16-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Right then - the new Ducati range have been confirmed according to MCN at the London motorcycle Show which I think is 1-4 February next year - what abouit an outing???

bigredduke
16-11-2006, 08:40 PM
I didn't go to the NEC because Ducati weren't there. I was planning to go to Excel in Feb with a couple of chums. Would be a weekend though.

benson
16-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Absolutely - would have to be Sat or Sun and no doubt I could find chips and cake too!!!!!

Albie
16-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Sounde like a good idea. Fish and chips sounds better.:p

benson
16-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Hell yes - combined with a look at the new 07 bikes the day sounds perfect already

bigredduke
16-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Sounde like a good idea. Fish and chips sounds better.:p

Can you get decent fish & chips down 'dat london? I thought the only decent f & c's were oop north!

benson
16-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah I suppse that's true - being a Manchester born lass I can only dream of real chips and gravy.....Meanwhile there are some good little places darn sarf - Bailey's in Sarfend being a particular favourite of mine!!!

slob
17-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Yeah I suppse that's true - being a Manchester born lass I can only dream of real chips and gravy.....Meanwhile there are some good little places darn sarf - Bailey's in Sarfend being a particular favourite of mine!!!

Sarfend in Feb... BRRRRRR! Still, Excel's convenient for me.

farl
17-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Saw that Superbike Mag have taken over the Jan slot and will be having a show at Ally Pally.. 26th to 28th Jan. Not sure who's there but the link is...

www.superbike.co.uk/allypally/

MilesB
17-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Saw that Superbike Mag have taken over the Jan slot and will be having a show at Ally Pally.. 26th to 28th Jan. Not sure who's there but the link is...

www.superbike.co.uk/allypally/
It must be a London thing... nothing for ages, then two come along together!

Seriously though, two shows separated by a few days and a few miles? :scratch: I can see few people benefiting here, as any trader at one isn't likely to want to do the other.

I plan on going to the ExCel show (much easier to get to), and as Rachel says, it will have the full range of Ducati's... and maybe I can bend someone's ear about dropping the baby Numpty from the range :hissy:

Miles

GULLY
17-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi guys
I will be going to that it's on my door step.
more to add to wish list
roll on feb

gully

slob
17-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Seriously though, two shows separated by a few days and a few miles? :scratch: I can see few people benefiting here, as any trader at one isn't likely to want to do the other.

Au contraire mon frere, If you've had to travel several hundred miles or more to do the show, going straight from one to the other without going home is great.

I will be going to that it's on my door step.

It really is on my doorstep, I can see the neon sign from my window.

Nonnie
17-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh all this talk of the big smoke. Maybe I can combine a trip to Excel with some shopping, some people watching and some continental coffee. Sounds divine.

Nonnie (missing the bright lights)

MilesB
17-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Au contraire mon frere, If you've had to travel several hundred miles or more to do the show, going straight from one to the other without going home is great.
Hmmm - I hadn't quite thought of it that way.

It really is on my doorstep, I can see the neon sign from my window. So it's all round your place for lunch then?

Nonnie (missing the bright lights)
Of Ispwich ????

Spud
17-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm in

Will be no budget to buy stuff, but going to these things on the bike always prevents shoppoing anyway!

Nonnie
17-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Of Ispwich ????

I was born in London and lived there before Ipswich Miles.

I miss the theatre, the restaurants, the shops, the transport system (Yes, ye who live there may moan but here, the last bus goes by the pub at 9pm!!!!), the anonymity and the opportunities. However I do not miss, the pollution, the crime rate, the lack of decent state schools or the ratio of nutcases to normal folk, actually, scrub that last bit. It's not so different here.

MilesB
17-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I was born in London and lived there before Ipswich Miles.
I was being ironic - a fault I suffer from ;)

I miss the theatre, the restaurants, the shops, the transport system (Yes, ye who live there may moan but here, the last bus goes by the pub at 9pm...
9pm - WOW - the last bus past our place from town is 6.20pm, but fortunately the pub is walking distance :booze:

From one bumpkin to another
Miles

GULLY
17-11-2006, 04:51 PM

Hi Slob
it's about 10mins but not as close as you old boy;)

benson
17-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Hurrah - an outing and shopping and people watching and general camaraderie of a monstery nature!!!

CK & AK
17-11-2006, 06:08 PM
we shall be there on the Sunday :D (at Excell)

gary tompkins
17-11-2006, 09:09 PM

So it's all round your place for lunch then?

I can bring the wafer thin mints if it helps with the catering Slob?

benson
18-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Right then - is Sunday OK with the general masses then??? WOuld be nice to see a few old (as in we've known each other a while and not in a what an old git sort of a way...) faces!!!
xxx

benson
18-11-2006, 04:04 PM
The tickets are £13 each in advance and £16 on the door - there's 10% off for a group booking of ten or more - If there are enough of us I don't ind getting the tickets as long as I get the money back or do you want to do your own tickets? I know - £1.30 is only half a pint of saving...Just a thought...

Headhunter
18-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Benson, sounds like a great plan.

Count me in if you get the numbers. Cheers.

benson
18-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Will do - somewhere there's a list!!!

So from this thread -

Benson
Headhunter

Any more for any more?

Gadget
18-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm on a different list.:confused:

but I am on a list...:thumbsup:

benson
18-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Benson
Headhunter
Gary N

Now we're all on the same list!!!!

Bodybag
18-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Benson
Headhunter
Gary N
Bodybag

I'll go too. :mand:

Moley
19-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Count me in for this one. I usually go to the bike shows with a biker friend of mine who has just hit the big 60 and according to the web site can now go for just £6. Just waiting for him to come back to me. I am converting him from Honda to Monster ownership. Its taking a while but I think I am making good progress. Perhaps a multi monster influence could finally cast out the Honda demons.

benson
19-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Benson
Bodybag
Headhunter
Gary N
Moley

C'mon - 5 more for the discount!!!!!

Bodybag
19-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Ahh, you made the list all alphabeticalisedish. :mand:

I'll go to the back of the classroom now for being cheeky. Sorry miss.

Shandy
19-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Benson
Bodybag
Headhunter
Gary N
Moley
Shandy

Count me in for a ticket with Ducati being there :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Shandy

Mand
19-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Benson
Bodybag
Headhunter
Gary N
Moley
Shandy
Mand
Alex (Mr. Mand)

Quite fancy a little outing to the smoke and of course to see the shiny bikes.

bigredduke
19-11-2006, 05:07 PM
we were hoping to come down on the train but there aren't any that get into K's X B4 midday! ('cos it's a Sunday I suppose?)

Rethink time!

benson
21-01-2007, 11:56 AM
After the loss of the site and all the lists, I know I have tickets for Moley - 4, Slob has his and I sent Mands, Shandys and Miles B's tickets off yesterday - anyone else - there are four tickets remaining then and I think they're for Darry, Headhunter and Phil?

Oh yes - I'll get the SAEs so I'll stop worrying... ANYWAY - your tickets are here and waiting for you!!

:p ;) :p ;)

Darry
21-01-2007, 11:58 AM
After the loss of the site and all the lists, I know I have tickets for Moley - 4, Slob has his and I sent Mands, Shandys and Miles B's tickets off yesterday - anyone else - there are four tickets remaining then and I think they're for Darry, Headhunter and Phil?

Oh yes - I'll get the SAEs so I'll stop worrying... ANYWAY - your tickets are here and waiting for you!!

:p ;) :p ;)

Benson

Can you re-PM your address and payment details as its been blasted away too!

Thanks,
Darry.

Gadget
21-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Benson
Bodybag
Headhunter
Gary N
Moley
Shandy
Mand
Alex (Mr. Mand)

Quite fancy a little outing to the smoke and of course to see the shiny bikes.

GaryN

Forgotten already.:worried:

benson
21-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Done - and one to Moley and Headhunter...did bodybag order a ticket?

benson
21-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Not forgotten Gary - just couldn't remember which of your identities you were using !!! :biggrin:

Headhunter
21-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi Benson,

Cheque is in the post and should arrive with you Tuesday. :woot:

Shandy
22-01-2007, 05:55 PM
and I sent Mands, Shandys and Miles B's tickets off yesterday

Turned up today, Cheers Benson :thumbsup:

benson
22-01-2007, 05:58 PM
that's always a good thing - when the post works!!!!

gary tompkins
22-01-2007, 06:34 PM
We are going on Sunday now so may run into some of you?

CK & AK
22-01-2007, 06:37 PM
We are going on Sunday now so may run into some of you?

bu**er - do I need a disguise that day? :mad:

:p

:D

Race you to the bar GT!

are you going to Ali Pali this weekend ??

gary tompkins
22-01-2007, 07:27 PM
bu**er - do I need a disguise that day? :mad:

:p

:D

Race you to the bar GT!

are you going to Ali Pali this weekend ??

1. Maybe - can I suggest the paper bag with 2 holes?

2. 1st one there gets them in - ready to engage shuffle mode :chuckle:

3. Err... no

Mand
23-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Turned up today, Cheers Benson :thumbsup:

Yes thank you, ours came yesterday also.

Blufoot
23-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I'll be at Excel on sunday on my japanese peice of s**t, if any of you cool duke riding people can lower yourselves to my level then say 'hi' if you see me.

I have a big mop of greasy hair now but my fat little face remains unchanged.

CK, are you going to Ally Pally? how much is it? what day you going?

Bodybag
23-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Done - and one to Moley and Headhunter...did bodybag order a ticket?

Yes I did. But as we've been doing some time travel do I need to order again?

CK & AK
23-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I'll be at Excel on sunday on my japanese peice of s**t, if any of you cool duke riding people can lower yourselves to my level then say 'hi' if you see me.

I have a big mop of greasy hair now but my fat little face remains unchanged.

CK, are you going to Ally Pally? how much is it? what day you going?

effing hell!!!!!!!!!!! what stone did you crawl out from? :eek:

Its been a while you scabby git! :D

AK will be at Ali Pali this Sunday, but I 'might' have to be elsewhere at the last min :rolleyes:

We will both be at Excel on the Sun the following week - oh, and you can bring me a birthday pressie there :p :D

My mobile hasnt changed - send me a txt - or drop us an email.

Huge hugs

C
xx

ps: have a shave & a haircut before we meet - I might not fancy you any more;)

benson
23-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Phil - I have the tickets so please can you send me a cheque for £11.70 to
44 Richmond Avenue
LONDON
E4 9RS

with an SAE an I'll send it to you or we could meet there on the day if you want to pay by cash,
cheers,

Rachel

benson
28-01-2007, 09:20 PM
I posted the rest of the tickets yesterday in the first post so they should be with you tomorrow or Tuesday - I still have Gary N's/Gadget's ticket and I think Phils too...

So - let's work out a time and a place to meet and you can have your tickets!!!!

And if anyone fancies dim sum afterwards in Yi Ban - a mighty fine chinese restaurant - let me know - i never need much persuasion!!!

Moley
29-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Arrived safely in the post this morning Benson. Many thanks for doing the honours. My crew should be up for a few beers and a Chinese meal.
Might be best to try and meet up for a chat at one of the bar areas at the show around lunch time ish to agree a time.

benson
29-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Sounds good - 07973 449 354 ifyou want to txt me during the day!

Mand
29-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Sounds good - 07973 449 354 ifyou want to txt me during the day!

I have made a note of your number as well. For a lunchtime drink, chat etc.

I hope the weather is good, I fancy a ride down on the bike.

benson
29-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Well if you're coming by bike then come to mine first and we can ride round to Rob's ( don't worry Rob - we'll bring tea bags, milk and mugs!!) and then to Excel en masee if you like!

Mand
29-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Well if you're coming by bike then come to mine first and we can ride round to Rob's ( don't worry Rob - we'll bring tea bags, milk and mugs!!) and then to Excel en masee if you like!

Now that sounds like a plan to me. I will keep a watch on the weather forecast (don't fancy getting wet for 120 miles - nooooo sireeee!) and you can lead us in. :)

benson
29-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Hoorah!!!! If it's fine then get to mine for a cuppa about 10 ish? Rob has got a spare tank clip that he's going to fit for me - Frank's broke when he hurled himself to the ground in the winds the other week - so I need to go to his first but he lives only a few minutes away from Excel and we can go from there!

I'm also quite excited about this event as well as the Tideswell weekender - yes - bit like Christmas really!!!

Mand
29-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Hoorah!!!! If it's fine then get to mine for a cuppa about 10 ish? Rob has got a spare tank clip that he's going to fit for me - Frank's broke when he hurled himself to the ground in the winds the other week - so I need to go to his first but he lives only a few minutes away from Excel and we can go from there!

I'm also quite excited about this event as well as the Tideswell weekender - yes - bit like Christmas really!!!

And not forgetting the official weekender too..... yay!

Gilps
29-01-2007, 01:32 PM
And not forgetting the official weekender too..... yay!

And the Mallory track day -double YAY!!!

CK & AK
29-01-2007, 01:40 PM
and in case the phones dont work....

Hows about meeting midday on Ducati stand? :)

Mand
29-01-2007, 01:43 PM
And the Mallory track day -double YAY!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww!

Sorry, work is sh!t today, I am on the verge of killing a man in our office so I need something to make me happy before I get put in prison for murder.

benson
29-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a plan - Ducati stand at midday!!!:spin:

benson
29-01-2007, 02:02 PM
But if you did kill him Mand the prisons are full anyway!!!:D

Gilps
01-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Anyone going from Wiltshire? I've started a new thread.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=191923#post191923

benson
01-02-2007, 06:37 AM
Sorry Gilps - but see you there maybe on the Ducati stand at midday?

Gilps
01-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Sorry Gilps - but see you there maybe on the Ducati stand at midday?

Yep, no probs. It's gonna be busy. The DSC guys are meeting there too at the same time. We should have a rumble. I'll be on the UKMOC side to start with then switch sides if we look like we're losing.:mand:

CK & AK
01-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Yep, no probs. It's gonna be busy. The DSC guys are meeting there too at the same time. We should have a rumble. I'll be on the UKMOC side to start with then switch sides if we look like we're losing.:mand:

you fool!!! :D

so is it all UKMOC to put their hands on a monster at midday, and all DSC to do the same to a sportsbike?? :D

C, ambidextrious;)

benson
01-02-2007, 07:02 PM
he he he - and if you own both then is it tongue on the tank of the bike you prefer and hand on the other? Not that I'm advocating licking tanks but the mental image made me smile - don't worry, my meds are due again soon!!!!

slob
01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking I could take off with the D16RR while Gilps is creating a diversion.

benson
01-02-2007, 09:54 PM
And I could just stagger off!!!;) ;)

Darry
02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi Benson,

Forgot to say that I've received the ticket... Thanks for organising this... and providing I'm not too hung over from England whipping the Scots on Saturday I'll see you there!

Darry.

Melnie Mouse
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
well i hope you guys enjoy it, i must say if i'd have paid full price to get there and full price entry i'd be most disappointed. the Ducati stand was good, but there was only them, ktm and bmw. Not much else, and great floor space to walk around on, where were all the trade shows? a handful were there, couple of t shirts, the tool shop, not even a neck warmer stand, how odd and how empty.

It was nice to see the super motard and the tricolour 1098 though :)

I got there bout 12, and lots of people were already leaving and sayin, not worth £16.00, so i guess the move to excel not as good as alipali was and shouldn't have moved it.

I went with 12 people, if you go in groups of 4, you get on the train for over a £5. return, and it was only 10.50 entry to show fee as we pre-booked that amount of people, so it was only a good day cos it didn't cost much and we went to chinatown afterwards for a chinese buffet which was lovely before catching 7.20pm train home.