PDA

View Full Version : Chrimbo gathering

squiffything
10-11-2006, 11:15 AM
There has been some suggestions for a get together at christmas for the East Anglian clans and some organising needs to be done to pull it all together.

If anyone is interested the suggestion is to try and get a venue somewhere around Newmarket as it's fairly central for most people and because there is a cracking B & B place that could accomodate stayovers (Nonnie has details of this). There is also our place for drinks/dancing/partying on after if anyone feels in the mood.

Let us have your thoughts and names if interested.

benson
10-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Awww mate - seems it might be a group of 5 of us then!!!!!;)

Paranoid Dave
11-11-2006, 04:12 PM
i'm doing whatever i'm told :D

Nonnie
11-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm planning a wedding! If you want a free bar at it, then keep the Christmas dinner thing costs down! We're not the Beckhams you know.....

I can of course offer a full blown Christmas dinner at mine with a sleep over. I know it's miles away from anywhere or it's going to probably have to be a lunchtime affair for me and then a cold ride home. Rod has no weekends off up til Christmas now and is indeed even working Christmas Day.

But then i'm like Dave, I'll do as I'm told!

squiffything
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm planning a wedding! If you want a free bar at it, then keep the Christmas dinner thing costs down! We're not the Beckhams you know.....

I can of course offer a full blown Christmas dinner at mine with a sleep over. I know it's miles away from anywhere or it's going to probably have to be a lunchtime affair for me and then a cold ride home. Rod has no weekends off up til Christmas now and is indeed even working Christmas Day.

But then i'm like Dave, I'll do as I'm told!

Non does this mean you are gonna have a chrimbo day all on your lonesome? Don't you dare Sar and I havent got the little ones this year for the first time for her so we will be on our own if you fancy sorting something out then say hun we have a turkey thats just too big for two so feel free to shout we could get something sorted for either here or there.

What time does Rod finish on the day?

As for costs on the gathering there is always a bed here for you guys and Rod can just get up early in the morning and ride to work hee hee hee

Nonnie
12-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Ah, you're such a sweetie. I don't have the kids every other Christmas and it's the most misereable day going now when I used to love the whole Christmas thing. We just put it back a day and do the whole thing Boxing Day instead. I have refused invites so far as I'll just be a mardy soul and I intend on lying in bed and only getting up for a quick reccie into the drinks cabinet! Rod is on a late so I can at least wish someone Merry Christmas in the morning!

p.s. I wanted to put the tree up yesterday but wasn't allowed on the grounds it was too early. I beg to differ!

squiffything
13-11-2006, 07:23 AM
lol go for it I say leave it up till july and make the party last