PDA

View Full Version : Monster S4 Running Rough

BREEKO
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
My monster S4 2001 is giving me some problems. if the bike is cold the throttle response is crisp but once the bike is on normal running temprature there is a dip in the throttle. by the way the bike runs fine. anyway i took the bike to DUCATI AYLESBURY and they did the complete setup ie the CO2, TPS, throttle bodies balanced etc etc. but there still is that dip in the throttle once the bike is warm. according to the dealers all monsters do that because its to do with the emissions and DUCATI make them like that to get them through strict emissions thingy.
please advice what to do or all monsters specialy S4's do that. THANKS.....

Bodybag
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
At what revs does it do it? Is it when you try and pull away, in the midrange or at the top end? Makes a difference.

DesmoDom
09-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Also, do you still have the standard cans fitted ?, mine run a bit rough in places until I had my Termi's etc fitted.

Baz

Bodybag
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Mine had kind of the same problem too. Turns out mine had a race ECU fitted and, I assume when it was sold, it had standard cans and airbox put back on but the ECU was left on so it affected the fuelling etc.

BREEKO
10-11-2006, 09:08 PM
hi, my bike is all standard including cans, air box etc. but the ECU is DUCATI PERFORMANCE. so that means if i install racing cans my bike should run fine. however when i took my bike to DUCATI AYLESBURY they said that they have adjusted the PERFORMANCE ECU to standard setting. i don't know if thats true or not, but i know one thing that my bike has a dip in the throttle. the dip is just off the off the throttle. thanks for your help.....