PDA

View Full Version : Genesis 2007 tour dates announced!

bigredduke
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Shame that Peter Gabriel is not coming out to play but I would still like to see them again. We went to see them at Roundhay Park in Leeds and they were sensational!

Selling England by the Pound is probably my favourite album - any other closet Genesis fans out there?

gjfevans
09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I was at Roundhay too a very plesant day :thumbsup: Tickets go on sale on the 24th for Manchester

gjfevans
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I have just seen the prices and I dont think I will bother:Furious:
http://www.theonlineticketshop.com/shop/list_event.asp?event_id=38933

CK & AK
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
<if we had a smug smile>
who lives just down the road from Peter Gabriel's old mum - and who used to go to pony club in their fields - trying to peer into their windows on the way home! :eek:

Got several albums he has signed for me:D

</turning off smug smilie>

C :spin:

gjfevans
09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
<if we had a smug smile>
who lives just down the road from Peter Gabriel's old mum - and who used to go to pony club in their fields - trying to peer into their windows on the way home! :eek:

Got several albums he has signed for me:D

</turning off smug smilie>

C :spin:

Does he have a new mum now?:biggrin:

Bodybag
09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Saw them at Wembley in 87 on their Invisible Touch tour. Phil Collins and the (new at the time) drummer did a drum duet/duel for about 10 minutes and it was probably the best drumming I've ever heard. Had the hairs on the back of my neck sticking up. Not really listened to much else of theirs though.

gjfevans
09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Saw them at Wembley in 87 on their Invisible Touch tour. Phil Collins and the (new at the time) drummer did a drum duet/duel for about 10 minutes and it was probably the best drumming I've ever heard. Had the hairs on the back of my neck sticking up. Not really listened to much else of theirs though.
That was probably Chester Thompson who often used to tour with them and help with the drumming. That drum solo is on The Way We Walk Vol 2 suberb

Buzz
10-11-2006, 06:27 AM
I was so impressed by Chester Thompson when I saw them play I named my third Son after him (true)! :chuckle: