PDA

View Full Version : Where are they ?

Gim
05-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I know I have been in the wilderness for a couple of years, but is it me or has everyone apart from JMo and Sazza vanished from sussex !
Rob
(thought I should post this here as well as the other one gets cleared !)

CK & AK
05-11-2006, 07:25 PM
There are quite a few in Sussex, but they seem to doing their own thing, or going along to DSC meets instead - some dont seem to ride their monsters in the winter now too:(
These things seem to go in 3 year cycles Rob:) - so I am told

Was having a long chat with Tommo today, as he was concerned that there was no regular Surrey meet any more either.
We used to have regularly on the 2nd Sunday of the month anything from 15 - 25 Monsters meeting at Box Hill throughout all 2002 - 2004, with folks coming out of London & also some from Sussex too, as well as a 'hardcore' Surrey mob of about a dozen or so.
I didnt want to stay on as rep by mid 2004 as was more & more involved in DSC 'stuff', apart from some health probs then, and Muttley did his best for the next few months until Didge took over.

Rob, might be worth you asking each month for anyone to join you - on the same weekend, same place & time? - keep going, it will be hard but you will get some come along eventually.
Otherwise contact your regional rep (JMo) by pm asking for a regular meet to be got going.

Sussex DSC meet at Findon (John Henrys Cafe) on the 3rd Sunday of each month, and if you shin along there about 10ish till 11.30ish you'll meet fellow Ducastisti most months.

Good luck - and keep trying!!

C:)

SazzaG
05-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Was having a long chat with Tommo today, as he was concerned that there was no regular Surrey meet any more either.
We used to have regularly on the 2nd Sunday of the month anything from 15 - 25 Monsters meeting at Box Hill throughout all 2002 - 2004, with folks coming out of London & also some from Sussex too, as well as a 'hardcore' Surrey mob of about a dozen or so.

There was the monthly Sussex/Surrey meet throughout the summer, but pretty much every single one between March and September was canceled due to bad weather. We had a fantastic turnout in September with about 15 people turning up. The only month that one wasn't organised for was October, but there weren't exactly hordes of monsterers wanting to go out either!

These meets are still going on - but people should always post if they want to meet up.

But you're right Rob - at lot of people have disappeared. I bet they'll all turn up again this year for our Xmas dinner! Watch this space.

Saz

JMo
05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
"Jimmy quit, Jodie got married... should have known, we'd never get far..."

As Saz says, a lot of people moved on... DRC and Jamcoly got into DD racing, Collie and Fodder moved to the USA, Robht has moved to Wiltshire, JamesT is busy with work commitments, Didge kept getting knocked off his bike, so did Martin (S4Mad) this year, so Carol wasn't around either, Flip and Davie got all loved up (not together mind you x), and even RogerG is always busy in the summer with cricket... BoozyBob is often busy with grandfather duties these days so the Hants bunch don't often head over this way either... while other regulars such as Blufoot had his bike stolen of course, Ade moved away, Dark Jon sold his bike, Pugi is being studious - and so it goes on...

The Surrey/Sussex monthly at Box Hill has always been the second Sunday each month, but as Saz points out, this year it has rained every time since March, which ain't no fun - especially when you live 60 miles from there in the first place. This coupled with injuries and family/work commitments from the regulars, has meant very small turn outs if at all... and so the momentum is lost... while suggestions of runs to join other regions/events have typically resulted in a similarly lacklustre response, as did the option of a summer midweek meet at Bury Hill - so those that could went trail riding instead x

There have been a number of new members in the region joining this year, but it seems most are quite shy? - however, Saz is putting together a plan for a Christmas dinner, so hopefully that will inspire a few more to don their woolies and get together...

Good to hear from you again anyway - and that you've sold the tractor!

xxx

Pugi
06-11-2006, 05:56 PM
"Jimmy quit, Jodie got married... should have known, we'd never get far..."

Pugi is being studious - and so it goes on...

Actually...Pugi is Jimmy. He quit.
I am pleased to announce that I have finally got myself a job and am no longer a student. The course was rubbish. I already have a degree, and besides, 7 years of uni ought to be enough for anyone.

Instead I am now saving for a car. Some people actually suggested flogging the bike to aquire funds for it. Yeah, right! :rolleyes:
The occational compulsory add on to the bike will hopefully be sorted during these darker days of the year and I will be ready to come out and play again, come spring.

Gim
07-11-2006, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=JMoGood to hear from you again anyway - and that you've sold the tractor!

xxx[/QUOTE]
What do you mean? My tractors are quite sophisticated :chuckle:
Cant believe Davie gave up his monster !
Looks like it might be warming up for the weekend so I shall probably be poodling about again !

Rob