PDA

View Full Version : What an effin' day. (Or two).

CrashMonkey
04-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Ok, so it starts out yesterday, I wake up at 5am for no reason at all and can't go back to sleep. I do a bit browsing and decide to check my bank balance. Disaster, all my debits came out of my account at once leaving me not enough money to pay my rent. So I ring my landlady and tell her not to get her knickers in a twist, i'll get it sorted saturday. I have a crap day on my placement and freeze my nuts off riding to and from Selby.

Arrive home and work calls, I have to work the night shift. Great. I've borrowed money from my dad and arranged to have a new set of tyres fitted today, so i'm now working a night shift then riding to scarborough early morning to get them fitted. Freeze my nuts off again. Get to scarborough and drop the bike off while I go to the bank to ort out my rent payment. Bank tells me I'll need to get the cash out to pay unless my landladies bank requests he payment again. So I phone her up and arrange to give her the money on monday.

Return to garage to find bike all ready and mechanic just gonna whizz it round the block to make sure its all good. He goes about 10ft, slips on a manhole cover and dumps my beloved monster on the ground. B*stard. Brake lever b*ggered, tank clasp snapped off and bar ends screwed, not to mention a few added scratches to the exhaust. He arranges for new bits to be delivered but they won't arrive 'til tuesday.

I'm totally skint and now stuck in scarborough, phone my placement and cancel all my visits for monday and tuesday. Then phone my landlady to try to explain that I can't pay her 'til wednesday, so I get some more flak. Then I realise my tax has expired, I've got no money whatsoever, a buggered bike and i'm having to stay off work (Time which i'll have to make up in the weeks to come). I still haven't slept so while i'm writing i've been awake for 34 hours and i'm utterly exhausted but I need to meet a friend at 4 to sort something out for him.

My apologies for the long and somewhat boring rant, but i'm tired and p*ssed off and I had to do it somewhere.
I'm gonna go find some rebull now and think about how i'm gonna feed myself until payday. Hope everyone else is having a better weekend than me. :hissy:

benson
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hear you're having a ****e time of it - much sympathy and a cyber hug - sory too about the delay on the bike parts...

Hope things pick up for you soon and the landlady isn't a dragon...

bod
05-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Why York to Scarborough for tyres?.......Bad look on the bike (they are posting the bits),I would hope they are fitting them too and some free tyres!