PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello...

Newboy
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Hello all I just thought I'd introduce myself. My names Ian and I'm picking up my first monster on saturday. It's also my first Ducati so double sweet. So if anyone see's an m600 with clip on's kicking around the Ashford, High Halden area give me a wave. :pedro:

benson
02-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi there and welcome to the club - make sure you check out the Kent section for their meets which happily include a regular monthly meet at the Oakdene for brekkie!!!

Happy and safe riding - see you around,

Benson:yoparty:

Albie
02-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi there and its this sunday.:biggrin:

alan c
03-11-2006, 12:27 PM
hi, look forward to meeting you and clip on's :)

MilesB
03-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Hello all I just thought I'd introduce myself. My names Ian and I'm picking up my first monster on saturday. It's also my first Ducati so double sweet. So if anyone see's an m600 with clip on's kicking around the Ashford, High Halden area give me a wave. :pedro:
Hi Ian

I'm just up the road in Maidstone (Boughton Monchelsea).

Breakfast at the Oakdene on Sunday - I'll be there as well.

Miles

GULLY
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Ian
welcome to the club
hope to meet you on sunday for a top class breck:ukm:

see you all about 9.30 ish

Gully:mand:

Newboy
03-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello all it's good to know there are some locals and a local meet. But sadly I can't make this sunday I'm daughter's bedroom painting duties. But I'll be there next tiiime for sure.:dizzy:

Albie
04-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Well how about bowling in Ashford in 2 weeks if you want. Were all going on Sunday 19th. Check out the Kent section.:idea:

gary tompkins
04-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Newboy,

A warm welcome to the UKMOC from another Kentie

Get yourself down to the Oakden for a brekkie ASAP :spin:

Newboy
04-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Picked up my very own monster today. She's a bit tatty but she 's mine and she's superb :biggrin: . What a great ride back well impressed :eek: . It's been three years since I've been on a bike and what a great bike to come back on. I can now see why everyone is hooked. Let me know when the next oakdene meet is and I'll be there. And if anyone is going up to the Ace cafe let me know. :flamed:

Nicola Walsh
04-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Picked up my very own monster today. She's a bit tatty but she 's mine and she's superb :biggrin: . What a great ride back well impressed :eek: . It's been three years since I've been on a bike and what a great bike to come back on. I can now see why everyone is hooked. Let me know when the next oakdene meet is and I'll be there. And if anyone is going up to the Ace cafe let me know. :flamed:

tatty !!!....you can't say things like that !!....she'a just been doing her best to look after her owner !! ;) ......bet you've been grinning ever since you picked her up :mand:...was thinking of going to Ace Cafe on 9th as i've never been (only passed me test in July and my first bike is my fabulous M620ie :hail: )...PM me on Wednesday if you're going to go and would like to meet :woot:

gary tompkins
04-11-2006, 11:26 PM
.. Let me know when the next oakdene meet is and I'll be there. And if anyone is going up to the Ace cafe let me know. :flamed:

I only managed the Ace a few time this year - and the turn out will be pretty poor for italian night now winter's here. As for the Oakdene we meet there the 1st Sunday of every month

Lady-Bob
07-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Well Helloooooo :kiss:

I'd prefer the term "well ridden" than "tatty" but then after a short while of riding the ducati, you to will be to proud of it to say "tatty" !

I'm the short straw holder and am the rep of the Kent region.

There's not many rideouts planned for this end of the year but we have a bowling event due on 19th November (see separate thread in this section for more details).

Apart from that, keep checking into this thread http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=10484 for general info on what we get up to and how we do it safely.

Sorry you didn't make it to the Oakdene, perhaps another time. (I was there in my UKMOC T-shirt so that you'd know it was us!)

Newboy
08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Hello all. I've had a few problems with the bike over the last few days but all is sorted. Thanks for the invite bowling but I've got to take my daughter to a birthday party that day so that's out i'm afraid but I will be at the next oakdene meet. So I will see you all there. :woot: