PDA

View Full Version : S2R 800 Clutch

NickvP
01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
t the risk of going over old ground for you more well founded members of UKMOC has anyone got any recommendationd for solving a problem I have with the clutch on my 55reg S2R 800?

On starting after a few days being unused the clutch sticks and the bike will drive forward even with the clutch fully depressed, embarassing in public and potentially dangerous. The dealer has had 2 goes at sorting it and denies knowledge of similar problems on other S2R 800's.

Any ideas or links would be greatfully received.

dema582
01-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a warranty issue to me. Have a word with perhaps another one of the Ducati Dealerships.

Which one are you having problems with??

T:worried:

singletrack
01-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Mine does this too - I just hold the brake when I start it :mand:

S4Rs-Tone
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
mine 3 , i also hold the brake , but if its a warranty issue i will make ducati pay. ill keep a check on this 1.

Gilps
01-11-2006, 07:14 PM
mine also does it a little, but only when the only is cold and only when I first put it in gear, after that it's fine. Even holding the brake in, if I don't give it a few revs it will die. It's as if the clutch lever isn't fully pulled in. It's not the first bike I've had that's done this so I haven't bothered to get it looked at.

Dave G
02-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Its possible your clutch line may need bleeding.

NickvP
02-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone that has made me more certain of my territory. I won't mention the dealers name yet because individually the staff have been good and I haven't given them a formal warning yet.

They have reset the clutch plates twice and replaced the master cylinder, theyve made it less gerky from the pull-off but not solved the problem. I've had many bikes and the only time I've ever experienced a similar thing was on a Triumph Bonnie where I'd set up the clutch myself and got it very wrong!

I will pursue this and let those of you who have the problem know what happens. It may be appropriate for a concerted effort at a later stage!?

Does anyone know of a replacement clutch unit that may/does solve the problem?

Chris & Nean
27-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Mine does this and I discovered that blipping the throttle a few times while vigorously working the clutch lever several times seems to free up the plates.