PDA

View Full Version : fitting cat removal pipes

Chris Glynn
01-11-2006, 10:56 AM
hi im thinking of getting the cat removal pipe from spares shack, and was wondering if when i fit them do i have to get the bike jetted or anything like that or is that only if i put the cans on? i have no idea you see, all i do is ride it and clean it.

Chris Glynn
01-11-2006, 11:14 AM
also something i forgot to add, which set would be the best for me to get, the Marving "Cat Eliminator" Header Pipes - version Type 2 S2R 800 and S4R
or Quat-D "Cat Eliminator" Header Pipes (inc S4RS). I have no idea which would be better im not that botherd which one as the differance in price isnt much but the second one accepts the lambda sensor so dunno if thats better?????? Both will eventually be used with Sil Motor Shotgun Slip ons.

singletrack
01-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I've got the Marving cat eliminator pipes on mine, with termis. They were fairly easy to fit, and look good.
I did find the bike was running too rich and I decided to fit a power commander. I dunno what it would be like with the existing exhausts but when you get the new ones I think you will definitely have to do something about it.

I don't think the S2R needs a CAT eliminator pipe that accepts a lambda sensor -that is for the S4RS.

Gilps
01-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I've got the Spareshack one on mine. It is quite good. Ducati also do one of their own which looks to be a slighlty better fit at the mounts. The S2r 800 doesn't need to worry about the Lamda sensor. Whichever one you get make sure that you (or your service technician) can get the oil filter off without removing the pipes each time. I think the Ducati one covers the oil filter, the Spareshack one doesn't. If you are just removing the cat thn it might be worth getting a dealer to check the fuel/air mix. It's easy to do and shouldn't take more than half an hour. When you get round to changing the cans then you really need to look at opening up the airbox too. There's no point increasing exhaust throughput if it is all going to get choked up at the inlet stage. Then you will need to get the fuelling checked, maybe even fit a Power Commander. And when you have done all that you will be very impressed. It'll feel like a totally different bike, much smoother and quicker too. It's made a huge difference to mine.

Guzzirider
02-11-2006, 06:20 AM
I have a Quat D pipe which I bought from Spareshack- its looks great and is well finished but was a ball ache to fit.

Could not believe how much the standard Cat weighed- these Eurocrats have a lot to answer for! Fine for them to cruise around Brussels in BMW 7 series spending taxpayers money on fine wines and gourmet meals claiming huge expenses.

They should sort out some real problems like crime and illegal immigration rather than horribly disfiguring motorcycles.

Guy

Chris Glynn
02-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanx for all the help guys

cooper61uk
28-11-2006, 02:50 PM
If you have an sr4rs or an 07 s4r with 999 engine, do not try and fit a quat-d cat pipe system they dont fit..! I know ive tried and it dosnt work .Very helpfull people at Snells in Alton have also tried and failed.Spareshack who supplied them have been more that helpfull trying to sort it out, whatch this space.Anybody got an idea what fits..?:look: