PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP - Valencia....

Pedro
26-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Well I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait for Sunday! This is one not to be missed race I think....

So....

Who's yer money on for the title?

I gotta go with Valentino, he just has the mental strength and speed to win. Not a Hayden fan to be honest. The form book has to be with Rossi.

Shandy
26-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I think Rossi should get the title again, Hayden just doesn't seem to have that little bit extra needed.

But this is motogp anything could and has been shown this year to happen :look:

My next few days is being planned around the whole event with the sky+ already set just in case ;)

fatbloke
27-10-2006, 04:59 AM
I reckon Vale got it wrapped up ahead on points he could just follow Hayden
around if he fancied an easy day, but he'll go for the win

Mand
27-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I think Valentino will do too. However, as Shandy says you never know what may happen.

Some plonker may knock him off.

giler
27-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I fancy Rossi too, but Pedrosa could be the big spoiler in there.
My neighbour came round last night, it's his wifes birthday this weekend.
He's taken her away as a treat - Valencia! VIP weekend tickets - I just hate
some people.
Giler

Spud
27-10-2006, 12:19 PM
I reckon there willl be some secret team orders for dani to harpoon rossi at the first opportunity, in order to keep his ride for next year.

From a personal point, nicky hayden must be a better person than me, I'd have dropped kicked the little b*~#@rd over the catch fencing!

Gilps
27-10-2006, 12:43 PM
I think Vale might win but the pressures really on him. He won't be able to do his usual ride, the one where he starts near the front, rides near the front, takes a lead for a while then "makes a small mistake" to let the other guy through then watch the leader for a few laps and mug on the last corner. To stay clear of trouble I think he's going to have to get in front early and stay there otherwise someone may brake a little late and undercut him on a corner taking them both out.
Should be a good race.

sjr999r
27-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Rossi to win,hes goner bugger off,with Edwards to back everyone down,hes goner be a rossi's rear guner,Bayliss for 3rd and when hayden sees hes not goner win it,he will take Pedrosa out,big time,nothing worse than an angry American,as the world has seen!!!!

Yorkie
27-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Hopefully Rossi for a win! Stuff the yank!

Yorkie.

benson
27-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Rossi gets my vote - he's the most brilliant rider out there and let's face it - Hayden got a lot of points, if I remember rightly, without anything truly outstanding in terms of wins etc - Rossi for title....again.....:hail:

Duncan
27-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I think Rossi will win it and quite frankly he looks like a world champ whereas Hayden doesnt convince me. I still dont think Hayden has the balls when it comes down to a scrap and whilst he finds it easy to follow, he hasnt dominated many races from at the front.
Haydens position in the riders championship was more because Rossi had a serious suspension chatter problem early season, an injury and several DNF's whereas Hayden followed everyone else round to 2nd and 3rd places and stayed out of trouble. If Capirossi hadnt had the injury mid season he would have been in with a chance too and I wouldnt put it past Loris to get in amongst the leaders and make it very interesting.

Pedro
27-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Spot on Dunc, I'm not convinced Hayden is champion material. Yes he can run with the quick guys but his last lap at Assen when Colin Ewards took 1.3 seconds out of him and got by shows he can't lead from the front.

Bring it on!

dustybin
27-10-2006, 11:55 PM
I'd love to see Rossi win it again as I think the man is a genius, even if he is on the wrong bike! His only problem is that he is a born racer and will go all out for the win instead of settling for second or third which would win him the title. I just hope it goes down to a fair race and the winner is decided by ability not reliability.

Melnie Mouse
28-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I would like Rossi to win, then that be great finish to his title again, for his record, then should retire and let someone else have a go!

but i can't wait til sunday to see it...

bigredduke
28-10-2006, 08:37 AM
If you have access to BBC interactive through a Freeview box or satellite you can watch the qualifying live at 12.55 today. :flag:

bigredduke
28-10-2006, 02:30 PM
If you have access to BBC interactive through a Freeview box or satellite you can watch the qualifying live at 12.55 today. :flag:

Well, well!

What a result for Troy Bayliss! Maybe he should have been riding instead of Sweaty Giberknackers this year!

1. rossi
2. bayliss
3. capirossi

MrsJel
28-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Watched it at the NEC. Felt sorry for Whit when everyone got up to leave after qualifying finished and he was just coming back on stage to start his next talk.

Anyway, Bayliss really has nothing to lose - looked like he was enjoying getting the bike out of shape.

craigie
28-10-2006, 08:40 PM
How amazing would it be if Troy won it tomorrow, like he says he's relaxed, got nothing to lose, if he could get away at the front and leave the suspense behind him......can't wait for the race though. How good is it going to be......

benson
29-10-2006, 12:13 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! Rossi on the floor.......Capirossi now has my vote - can't believe it - and Pedrosa nowhere to be seen!!!!!

craigie
29-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Troy, the man or what.

Shame for Rossi after all his hard work.

Can't really be happy for people who thank 'the big guy up there', like if there was a big guy up there and the state the world is in he would bother about some guys riding bikes as fast as they can for personal reward.....he got the most points though and points mean prizes.

gjfevans
29-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Troy, the man or what.

Shame for Rossi after all his hard work.

Can't really be happy for people who thank 'the big guy up there', like if there was a big guy up there and the state the world is in he would bother about some guys riding bikes as fast as they can for personal reward.....he got the most points though and points mean prizes.

Could not have put it better but I suppose its what gets you through the day, if there was a god though I am sure (s)he would wear yelllow :thumbsup:

Mand
29-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Aww I felt for Vale.

However, I am of the opinion if Loris hadn't have been injured earlier in the season - it would have been his title. Plus I would have actually got to meet him too at Donington! :D

I didn't want Hayden to get the title. Oh well.....

benson
29-10-2006, 06:44 PM
me too Mand - I'll be interested to see what the doctor does now...

craigie
29-10-2006, 07:31 PM
All in all another Big Finale anticlimax, to go with BSB and WSS. You get all excited and then......been a good years racing though. Roll on '07.

Anf
29-10-2006, 07:46 PM
When Rossi fell the whole excitement of the race was gone!
Shame that mediocrity was victorious over ... well anything really!
Hayden seems to be just dull, no flamboyance, no excitement, just a slightly better than avarage (for the top flight) ability to ride.
As for asking the man upstairs ... why didn't Stoner take Hayden out as I had requested?

OK enough rant now, back to being depressed.

benson
29-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Hayden just seems so dull in comparison to Rossi really - Hayden's an amazing rider for sure - they all are to be able to do the race in the first place - but Hayden for me lacks sparkle - and Rossi is such an entertaining rider...Never mind - I suppose it's watch this space for next year.

Pedro
29-10-2006, 10:40 PM
It's not that Hayden lacks sparkle, he lacks the true ability of a world champion if you ask me. I mean, how many world champions are there that have only won 4 (I think) races in four years of trying? He has consistently shown that he can run with the fast boys but never lead them. Look at this years other winners: Loris - he can fight!!, Marco Melandri can show a clean pair of heals and knows how to fight, Pedrosa is ice cool and quick (watch him next year) and we all know about Vale.

I know the result is one of those things - racing is like that but I still think it sucks

Yorkie
29-10-2006, 10:52 PM
With it being a totally different cc next year and less fuel it could make for an interesting season!!

Yorkie. (Gutted for Val)

gary tompkins
29-10-2006, 10:52 PM
I agree with Pedro - if Rossi had a better start to the season Hayden wouldn't have got a look in for the title. Gutted Rossi binned it today - the race was over for me the second I saw him picking the bike up from the gravel... it's just not been his year. I wonder if Crasher Stoner will loose his GP ride to Bayliss after todays result?

Arse :(

Oh well roll on 2007 and the battle of the 800's

benson
30-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Baylis sure rode like he owned the race... Stoner seems a natural talent but just bins it on the front end...or just bins it really.....Vale is still the champion for me - and Hayden despite skills just doesn't cut it for me...Roll on the new class for next year - if only Vale was perched atop a duke...

Mand
30-10-2006, 07:11 PM
and Hayden despite skills just doesn't cut it for me...

Nope me neither! I am currently being bullied by my dad, son and Al to accept that Hayden won the championship - I REFUSE TO!!!!!!!!!!!! :Furious:

bigredduke
30-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Nope me neither! I am currently being bullied by my dad, son and Al to except that Hayden won the championship - I REFUSE TO!!!!!!!!!!!! :Furious:

Mand it's accept (teacher speaking!)

Mand
30-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Mand it's accept (teacher speaking!)

It is too! Bloody hell, my colleagues would have field day if they knew ! :chuckle:

benson
30-10-2006, 07:20 PM
personally I think it was a Freudian slip - except rather than accept - clinical psychologist speaking....:rolleyes:

Mand
30-10-2006, 07:21 PM
personally I think it was a Freudian slip - except rather than accept - clinical psychologist speaking....:rolleyes:

No I just need to proof read everything I type - it has been a busy day - Office Manager ranting :biggrin:

benson
30-10-2006, 07:31 PM
No - go with the Freudian slip - Hayden should be excepted from winning!!!!!:o :o :o :o

bigredduke
30-10-2006, 07:53 PM
No - go with the Freudian slip - Hayden should be excepted from winning!!!!!:o :o :o :o
excepted but not exceptional?

benson
30-10-2006, 08:00 PM
definitely not in my opinion...

dustybin
31-10-2006, 08:19 AM
I haven't spoken to a single person who feels that Hayden deserves the title. Everyone knows that Rossi is the true champ regardless of what is inscribed on the trophy (do they do that in MotoGP?). Apart from the obvious difference in ability I think Rossi's champion credentials were shown after the race. Hayden crashed out and cried like a baby, blaming Pedrosa for trying to undertake him and the team for not running team orders. Rossi falls, gets back on and continues racing, crosses the line and heads straight for Hayden to congratulate him. And he blamed no one but himself. A true champ!

Melnie Mouse
31-10-2006, 08:51 AM
I haven't spoken to a single person who feels that Hayden deserves the title. Everyone knows that Rossi is the true champ regardless of what is inscribed on the trophy (do they do that in MotoGP?). Apart from the obvious difference in ability I think Rossi's champion credentials were shown after the race. Hayden crashed out and cried like a baby, blaming Pedrosa for trying to undertake him and the team for not running team orders. Rossi falls, gets back on and continues racing, crosses the line and heads straight for Hayden to congratulate him. And he blamed no one but himself. A true champ!

I totally totally totally agree, rossi deserved it, and i wouldnt' mind if capirossi took it but not flippin Hayden, i can't believe that my eyes welled up when i saw rossi lose it,b ut bloody hell amazing he just got back on, but i feel quite annoyed hayden won champion ship, so unfair...

McMONSTRO
31-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Yep, gutted too! I'd have put money on Rossi winning the title, hope Hayden enjoys his year as champion, because I dont think it will come his way again! Could have been Loris or Melandri challenging as well if it hadn't been for the big pile up at Catalunya

As for Bayliss...Brilliant!...I bet theres a few red faces in the GP Paddock! And I reckon the Ducati GP team are wishing they had signed him up for next year, they will have a big parts bill for Casey Stoner next year while he gets used to the bike!

Just might have to get a Suomy Bayliss lid now!

McMonstro

Melnie Mouse
31-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Yep, gutted too! I'd have put money on Rossi winning the title, hope Hayden enjoys his year as champion, because I dont think it will come his way again! Could have been Loris or Melandri challenging as well if it hadn't been for the big pile up at Catalunya

As for Bayliss...Brilliant!...I bet theres a few red faces in the GP Paddock! And I reckon the Ducati GP team are wishing they had signed him up for next year, they will have a big parts bill for Casey Stoner next year while he gets used to the bike!

Just might have to get a Suomy Bayliss lid now!

McMonstro

CMW Motorcycles in chichester, had one for sale, reduced to £125.00!

Yeah wish it was capirossi or melandri anyone rather than hayden if not our rossi!

MrsJel
01-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, its been nearly 3 days since the race - can just bring myself to even mention that Hayden won the title - Mand I read that the shock affected your spelling/grammar - hope you're on the road to recovery now.

As you've all said, after Rossi fell off it was a bit of an anticlimax. Pedrosa behaved himself, Stoner predictably found himself in the gravel and Bayliss won from the front (which really was good news - and such a gent letting you know who stand on the top step of the podium).

Roll on next year.

Carole

Mand
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Mand I read that the shock affected your spelling/grammar - hope you're on the road to recovery now.

The only way is up Carole... :D I'll cope!

crust
01-11-2006, 07:19 PM
He lost it because over a whole season he wasn't good enough, get over it.

Haydon rode a development bike all year, at some GPs he was still testing parts on saturday.

Meanwhile Rossi with the best crew chief in the series, the whole of Yamaha exclusively behind him, lost it, maybe if he'd allowed the other Yamaha riders to have the same level of parts as him then he wouldn't have had some of the problems.

Haydon on the other hand got on with the job and ride through the problems with the bike, a clutch that would give up after the start.

He did the best with what he had, triumph over adversity, a worthy world champion.

Dont beleive me, read Rossi's interview after the race, he thinks Nicky is a worthy champion.

"Yes, great congratulations to Nicky. He did a great job. He's a good guy. He's a great rider. For me, he win, so he's the best, the world champion. I'm very happy for him. He's a great fighter, always very fair. Without problems, without the **** that we had always in the past. So, I am happy with him, and congratulations to Nicky. I have always a great relationship with him, with his father, with all his family, so i'm happy for him."

:rolleyes: Crust

cosmicknome
01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Let's face it Rossi for a short while was sedduced by the thought of being the next John Surtess, but times have moved on.
No one can seriously move from two wheels to four.
don't get me wrong the man is a god, he is the best racer i have ever seen (including Hailwood) but F1 is a different ball game.
Incedently what are the odd's on there being a one rider team from Ducati
and the rider being Troy Bayliss?

squiffything
02-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Let's face it Rossi for a short while was sedduced by the thought of being the next John Surtess, but times have moved on.
No one can seriously move from two wheels to four.
don't get me wrong the man is a god, he is the best racer i have ever seen (including Hailwood) but F1 is a different ball game.
Incedently what are the odd's on there being a one rider team from Ducati
and the rider being Troy Bayliss?

That is so very true How on earth could Rossi cut it in the F1 circus I mean no overtaking!! Team orders, one team driver getting everything the other getting leftovers, grumpy cheating Germans, cars that don't last the race and three hours on a sunday afternoon watching something akin to paint drying. He would not last a month the boredom would kill him. No Rossi stay on the bikes thrill us all with your skills and win the next three championships