PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

Combatxe2
26-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Just like to say hello, currently in the midst of purchasing a monster 600 as my second bike for winter use. 2000 model year.
so will be having a good search around for info on best and worst bits about the bike.

been riding since 12 now tender age of 35 lost count of how many bikes, Never owned a duke before or any italian bikes mainly jap and a couple of triumphs. current bike gixer11 and soon a monster aswell:mand: .

look forward to chatting and sorry for any dumb questions in advance.

Cheers

Mark:rolleyes:

scrumpster
26-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Welcome, I ride a 2000 M600 too and the main problem I used to have in the winter was carb icing until I found the carb heater and started using pro FST :mand: Also had trouble with it over revving in the rain, that seems to be a throttle problem though.........something sticking!!

Combatxe2
26-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Scuse my ignorance.....whats pro fst??

Mark

Shandy
26-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Scuse my ignorance.....whats pro fst??

Mark

Stuff you chuck in with the fuel made by Silcone, stops the carbs from turning into a lump of perma frost when its a bit colder. Apart from that great bikes :thumbsup: but then i am biased.

Welcome to the club :flag:

Shandy

Shandy
26-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Would help if i spelt the company name right :banghead: :banghead:

Heres a link that may explain more,

http://www.silkoleneoil.com/pdf/ProFST.pdf

Cheers,

Shandy

scrumpster
26-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Would help if i spelt the company name right :banghead: :banghead:

Heres a link that may explain more,

http://www.silkoleneoil.com/pdf/ProFST.pdf

Cheers,

Shandy

Cheers for that Shandy, my technical side isn't up to much :mand:

Combatxe2
26-10-2006, 09:33 PM
cheers people only been here five mins and already got usful info......many thanks.

mark

Nicola Walsh
27-10-2006, 09:07 AM
:yoparty: welcome to the club

dustybin
27-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Carb icing is the only problem I've come across but it's a negative that's definately outweighed by all the positives. You just have to learn to deal with it by keeping the revs up when you slow down and/or give yourself time to allow the engine to stall and you to restart it. Plus use Pro FST and super unleaded petrol. Ride mine all year round and definately would recomend one.

nik_the_brief
27-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Hello Mark,

Welcome, glad you followed my advice on VD (the forum not the disease!)

We're a reet friendly bunch here, always happy to help. Honest (albeit biased in favour of the coolest bike in town) opinions will be given.

Like I've already said elsewhere get one, you won't regret it.

Combatxe2
27-10-2006, 02:27 PM
well thats it i pick it up this weekend.:thumbsup: now own a silver y reg M600 MONSTER.
Only got 4500miles and it was a bargin.....ill be putting my order for pro fst in at local bike shop and get sealing all electrical conections and coating everthing in acf50.

Cheers

Mark

Anf
27-10-2006, 05:24 PM
welcome to the club

i've asked a few stupid (read obvious or trivial) questions
get really good answers tho

Tigerlily
27-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the club!

Don't apologise for asking dumb questions(they're easy to answer!)....apologise for asking difficult ones! :chuckle:

Gilps
28-10-2006, 03:19 AM
Welcome to the club. Now you're about to find out how expensive it is to own a Ducati. It's not that the running costs that are high coz they're not, but it's the fact that they are so addictive. I'll give it a year before you've sold the Gixxer and bought a 999.:p

stuartg
01-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Welcome from another Milton Keynes based rider (well Newport Pagnell to be more precise)

Hope to catch you out and about sometime

Stu

Combatxe2
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Newport pagnell born and raised, only recently moved away from there.
maybe see around and about. pick the monster up tommrow night.......cant wait to give it a blast.

Mark

benson
02-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Enjoy the bike and like others have said - you'll be an addict in no time - they're special bikes and the grin they induce is wide - different to anything else....:thumbsup: