PDA

View Full Version : En-route to Valencia

JayT
23-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Afternoon all,

Is any1 going to Valencia to watch the MotoGP final round, or have ever driven/riden that direction? If so do you have any recomendations for good routes in terms of good scenery and toll freeness?

Cheers in advance!!

gjfevans
23-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Did you just post this to make us all jealous? eh eh eh well if so it worked:hissy:

slob
23-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Did you just post this to make us all jealous? eh eh eh well if so it worked:hissy:
Sadly I can't make Valencia but if you want jealous, DRC and I are off to do four days on track here in a fortnight...

gjfevans
23-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Now I'm really sulking :grump:

JayT
24-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Get yourselves out there. We only decided on Saturday night after several beers. Overal we recon its gonna cost about £170 each between 4 of us. Thats bugger all for a weekend away.

Tickets £160 for 4
Ferry £64 return (Dover to Dunkirk)
Tolls £130 ish (thats the bit i'm unsure on)
Fuel £250
RAC cover £25
Camping £50ish
Tins of beans and a couple of crates £30

And you'll only have to take Monday off work!!

Get yourselves a Look. You know Yous Want to!!

johnnystorm
24-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Sounds marvellous, one for next year perhaps! :)

picota
24-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Guess is a bit late!!!

dont know France but once you cross the "Pirineo" avoid the A7, and go through:
Andorra, C17 to Barcelona (a bit dangerous)
Barcelona NII to Tarragona
Tarragona to Valencia throught NII
enjoy

JayT
24-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Nah its not too late, cheers for the advice.

We're not leaving till friday. 5pm. We're gonna 'try' to do it in 1 stint. All 19.5 hours (1200 miles). Its between 4 of us driving so it shouldnt be too hard.

The only thing left is to sort out a hotel/hostel/campsite for Saturday night. I've searched for the past 3 days. Every single one is full. Looks like we'll be campin on the side of the road :(

Just rang RAC for international cover. They say they will supply a driver if your driver becomes ill. We're considering faking an illness and just getting lashed up for the whole journey whilst Jeevesey drives! :booze: :booze: :booze: :booze:

Thanks again for the advice