PDA

View Full Version : Sil megaphones

Redkite2
22-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Really like the Zards, but I want to keep the 2 on 1 side look of the S2R1000,
so am thinking of going for SIL megaphones.
Can't decide on just the slip-ons or the complete system, but finances will probably limit met to the slip-ons only.
Does anyone have any experience with these; are they very loud? - I live in town, pass a Cop shop at the end of my street every day and come and go at all hours so don't want to go too extreme .
Would I need to make any other changes, ie fuel mapping\ECU?
Cheers, Stu

masterofthemoon
23-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Really like the Zards, but I want to keep the 2 on 1 side look of the S2R1000,
so am thinking of going for SIL megaphones.
Can't decide on just the slip-ons or the complete system, but finances will probably limit met to the slip-ons only.
Does anyone have any experience with these; are they very loud? - I live in town, pass a Cop shop at the end of my street every day and come and go at all hours so don't want to go too extreme .
Would I need to make any other changes, ie fuel mapping\ECU?
Cheers, Stu

I have the sils shotgun style ( like the standard cans) on my S4R..yes they are loud (like termi's) but you can pay an extra £30 for removable baffles inserted which quietens them down a bit. No need for re-mapping unless you fit an open air filter with the cans. They are a quality product.

nik_the_brief
23-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I got some sil megs and they're effing lovely.

Not that loud til you open her up and I've never had any grief from coppers - the occasional appreciative thumbs up though. Sailed the MOT to but then he is a mate of mine...

Redkite2
24-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Cheers for the info, but do you guys have the baffles in or not?
Stu

nik_the_brief
24-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Baffles? What are they for then?

Mine are the 105dB jobbies and they sound lovely.