PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility of parts help...

Shandy
20-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Hello,

As part of my winter project i'm looking to maybe fit these two items,

Part No 96429098B - 6 speed gear box

Part No 96844503C - APTC slipper clutch kit

On Ducati.com it lists these as compatible with the M600 made between 1998 to 2001.

Does anyone know if they will fit on a 1995 M600 as Ducati.com don't go back that far and the dealer i've got an enquiry with can't give me a definitive answer. If not where else or who else could i ask????

Cheers in advance,

Shandy

Pedro
20-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Have you spoken to Craig at Moto Rapido - he mentioned these items when speaking to him this morning. 01962 877 996 if you wanna chat to him

He's a top fella when it comes to parts

Shandy
20-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Have you spoken to Craig at Moto Rapido - he mentioned these items when speaking to him this morning

Thanks Ped,

He's the man looking at it for me, Ducati UK can't tell him for definate if they'll fit or not :worried: They have had a look and can't see a reason why not but before i commit to buy i'm just after a second opinion.

The main problem is the Ducati parts catalogue doesn't go back that far in time for these parts which is a bit of a bummer.

Cheers,

Shandy

Pedro
20-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 600 motor has not changed so I'd think you'd be on a safe bet. If you buy them from Craig, get him to do sale or return, he's quite open to a haggle!!

Ped

CK & AK
20-10-2006, 03:11 PM
6 speed box WILL fit on the later (98 - 01) bikes :)

The slipper clutch kit will fit the 98 - 01 bikes too - but you will also need the whole plate kit, inner & outer drum - poss the cover plate & springs too - so by the time you have spent £4 - 500 you might as well talk to someone like Sigma to get a full slipper for the bike.

HOWEVER:
The earlier monster (pre 98) has a primary drive & input shaft that is different to the later 583's (like many other parts - barrels etc too) - the clutch set up is totally different so neither of these items would fit your bike without a large amount of modifications (and I wouldnt like to try that at the cost of these items & find there still might be a glitch) :(

Just questioning why you want to add both, as might even be cheaper to pick up a late crashed bike & use the parts? - or even a later 583 engine

HTIOH?

C:)

Shandy
20-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Great help C thanks for that, i was only thinking of buying the bits as there on the slightly cheeper list in the Ducati parts sale thing.

Like you said i don't want to try to fit something like this then find out it don't bloody work, that would give me the right hump :banghead: The engine will have to make do with the big bore kit only i suppose (i know this fits :cool: )

Modding the bike is based around the frame and swingarm needing painting, i was trying to add a few things if i could find them cheep while the engines out, i'm not into building the fastest flashest bike on the planet, i don't have the time or the money for one of those.

Still on the bright side i'll have some spare cash for the braking side of things now :mand: and maybe some carbs mmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Shandy

Shandy
20-10-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 600 motor has not changed so I'd think you'd be on a safe bet. If you buy them from Craig, get him to do sale or return, he's quite open to a haggle!!

Ped

He had allready said sale or return would be ok, nice bloke that Craig.

But after C's comments it looks like i'll be giving these two a miss.

Cheers,

Shandy

paynep
20-10-2006, 04:07 PM
They definitely won't fit the early motor without a lot of sodding around - you need the later clutch casing, then you need the later generator casing so that you can fit the clutch cylinder...... As mentioned above, the primary gears need changing too....

CK & AK
20-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Shandy - sorry to keep putting water on your dreams mate :cry:

How about getting your forks totally uprated if you have money to burn? - Maxton & K-Tech are just 2 of the companies that could do a blinding job in transforming them :)

Charlotte:)

Shandy
20-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Shandy - sorry to keep putting water on your dreams mate :cry:

How about getting your forks totally uprated if you have money to burn? - Maxton & K-Tech are just 2 of the companies that could do a blinding job in transforming them :)

Charlotte:)

Thats no problem C, in my mind its all part of the fun finding out what can and can't be done :mand:

mmmmm forks eh............:rolleyes:

Shandy