PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Nicola Walsh
11-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Wanted to say hi.....

got my first ever Monster (well...first ever bike !!) a couple of months ago. Spent 13 years pillion and never realised how much fun it was upfront...'twas only upon the exit of husband with bike that made me think about taking me test and gettin me own bike...now I'm the very proud owner of a red 620ie and absolutely lovin it, although feeling a bit lonely cos I haven't spotted too many girlies out there on bikes.:worried:
Would love to link up with other ducatisti in the Surrey area

Nic.

sadbiker
11-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Congratulations, You have said the same thing my missus said when she swapped a ZX6r for her 620Sie. After 4 years and nearly 17k miles she still wouldn't swap it.

Hope you have some open cans on it, the 620 sounds brill with them fitted.

MilesB
11-10-2006, 01:57 PM
...now I'm the very proud owner of a red 620ie and absolutely lovin it, although feeling a bit lonely cos I haven't spotted too many girlies out there on bikes.:worried:
Would love to link up with other ducatisti in the Surrey area
Nic.
Hi Nic

You'll find loads of girlie riders on this forum - I'm sure a few will be along soon to welcome you - the Monster, in all sizes being very socaible, manages to attract riders of any gender.

Ride safe and see you about

Miles
(...who got a Monster cos his girlfriend suggested it :o )

Darry
11-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi Nic,

Welcome to the :ukm:

Nim is often in the Surry area, she has a red monster too! You can talk about matching accessories! :)

I should warn you now, that bodybag will see this soon and no doubt be asking if you have nice eyes... (the letch) :look:

Darry.

Nicola Walsh
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
thanks sadbiker....I very nearly had one of the new Kwak ER6n instead of the Monster !!!!!!....what a bad, bad, bad mistake that would have been !

Haven't changed anything on the bike yet...too busy enjoying her...trying to get some miles on the clock and get a bit of confidence...going from never having ridden a bike straight to riding a 600cc is still a little scary at the moment.

Bodybag
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
I should warn you now, that bodybag will see this soon and no doubt be asking if you have nice eyes... (the letch) :look: Darry.
Darry ya big :gay: if you had a sense of humour, I'd laugh till it hurt. As it is, I merely look down on you with contempt. :mand:

Welcome to the club Nicola. If Darry's not looking, "Do you have nice eyes?" This is an ongoing joke because of something I once said on the site, ignore him (and me for that matter)! :scratch: Enjoy and make sure you book for the UKMOC weekender once the booking form comes out and the Monster-only track day next year.

Chappers
11-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse :ukm:

There's quite a few lady bikers on here and hopefully some from your area will pop on and say hi shortly.

If you're ever in the Manchester area drop me a line and we'll go for a girly blatt :biggrin:

singletrack
11-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Nicola

it's good to see another girlie biker, particularly a Monster owner.

I am off the road at the moment, but look forward to meeting up with you in the future when Surreyites and the Hampsters meet up.

Have fun on your new bike.

Anne x

Nicola Walsh
11-10-2006, 04:38 PM
coupla questions:

:scratch: who (or what ??!!) are the Hampsters ?

:scratch: how do I change my login name on this site ?

cheers
N. :thumbsup:

Rogerg
11-10-2006, 04:53 PM
:scratch: who (or what ??!!) are the Hampsters ?

That funny lot from Hampshire

:scratch: how do I change my login name on this site ?

need to ask one of the admins - PM Fatbloke or Julie.

Welcome BTW - I drove through esher today - it was P1ssing down

SazzaG
11-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Another girlie here!

I got my monster as my first bike over 3 years ago, then my husband (Rogerg) obviously felt left out, and bought one as well!

We have a regular meet of the Surrey and Sussexites at Box Hill every 2nd Sunday of the month over the summer - that's why we were all there that day. Just keep a look out on the forum for the details.

By the way, your local rep is Didge - a lovely chap, but do be careful if you have a sensitive nose....

Saz

benson
11-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Welcome hon and happy monstering - I'm in east London and if you're ever on this side of the south east then all you have to do is drop me a PM...

Benson (aka Rachel)

Tigerlily
11-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the club Nic!

As you can see we're a friendly (if a little odd) bunch! I can imagine that it's a little daunting to pass your test then get straight onto a 620 but take your time getting to know the bike and you'll soon get used to it :mand:
Makes me laugh when I think back to when I passed my test and bought a GPZ305 :o - I was terrified when I first rode it!..... Come to think of it I was terrified when I went from 50cc trial bike to a 125!!!! :chuckle:

Have fun!

Pugi
11-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Welcome from another Surrey member. A couple of us around but the only lady I can think of right now is CK in Woking who should be around any minute.
There are a few organised rideouts even though the Sunday weather prevented many this summer...but why not go for spontaneous rides? Just put a post up and I'm sure many will join you.
:ukm:

JMo
11-10-2006, 11:44 PM
There are a few organised rideouts even though the Sunday weather prevented many this summer...

You're not joking... grrr... that's why I'm off to the Sahara...

Hopefully catch up with everyone when we get back?

Maybe we'll sort out a Surrey/Sussex Christmas dinner this year?

xxx

ps. Hi Nicola - as Rog says, send a PM to Fatbloke and he can change your log-in name x

katana
12-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey come to italian night this evening at the ace.

There'll be loads of big girls there.

Nicola Walsh
12-10-2006, 09:06 AM
That funny lot from Hampshire

need to ask one of the admins - PM Fatbloke or Julie.

Welcome BTW - I drove through esher today - it was P1ssing down

Sorry, if I'd known you were driving through i'd have organised better weather and a fanfare for you !! :biggrin:

Nicola Walsh
12-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey come to italian night this evening at the ace.

There'll be loads of big girls there.

Have already got something lined up for tonight, otherwise I would have come....shame :cry: Let me know when you're next going and I'll try and catch up with you.

Nic :thumbsup:

Mand
12-10-2006, 12:58 PM
You'll find loads of girlie riders on this forum - I'm sure a few will be along soon to welcome you -

Hello from one girlie biker to another.
:mand:

katana
12-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Have already got something lined up for tonight, otherwise I would have come....shame :cry: Let me know when you're next going and I'll try and catch up with you.

Nic :thumbsup:
2nd thursday every month.

Nim
08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
MEMEME!!!! im a girl and want girlie friends to bike with!! (do i seem desperate?!?) and hey, my eyes arent too bad. im a surrey gal, and just bought a gorgeous new 695 monster....only 10 mins from Esher, so drop me a message and we can meet up. (if i dont answer im away for a week from sunday!)

gremlin
25-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Nic,

I'm on my first "big" bike too. Can you remember when 30mph was warp speed? If you venture Norfolk way you'll get a warm welcome, Nonnie is another Norfolk lass, and no doubt she'll be on to welcome you too. I've never had so many girlies to chat to it's great. Must be a monster thing.

banditloon
25-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the forum :D

Another monster in my local area. :D

Ride safe and enjoy :spin:

Chris & Nean
27-01-2007, 07:41 PM
hey up Nicola, welcome to the club