PDA

View Full Version : 19th Nov - Ashford Bowling

Lady-Bob
09-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Any one interested in a couple of games of bowling on this night?

Need to know an idea of numbers quite soon.

Let me know if you prefer

a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble

or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble

this is open to UKMOCers, their families (incl kids) and friends.

I'd like this to be a big event.

Scrapps has secured a couple of trophies

So as many as possible please (copy, paste and add your name in the appropriate section(s)).

MilesB
09-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Sounds like fun - not sure of timing preference, so will reply properly when we decide - suspect either OK for Susan & me :thumbsup:

Miles

PS: Any idea how much?

Darry
09-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Would this be Ashford in... Kent or London? or perhaps Middlesex?

Darry.

:biggrin:

Albie
09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Nov - Ashford Bowling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to know an idea of numbers quite soon.

a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Albie and Caroline and maybe some kids

or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble

this is open to UKMOCers, their families (incl kids) and friends.

I'd like this to be a big event.

Scrapps has secured a couple of trophies

So as many as possible please (copy, paste and add your name in the appropriate section(s)).

STU65
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Me and the girly would be up for it although we'd have to travel over via the car probably is that allowed???

PS neither of us are any good.

please let us know when early evening would be best for us, only joking. Just let us know when Cheers.

Albie
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Cars are fine as I too will be especially in november and maybe frosty then. You can always use the ball ramp if you want. :mand: :mand: :rolleyes:

STU65
09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I assume the bump bars will be up, if not I've no chance.

Albie
09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I hope so too:eyepopping: :eyepopping: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MilesB
10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Nov - Ashford Bowling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Miles B & Susan (prefer afternoon, but may do evening).
Stu65 & Girly

or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Albie and Caroline and maybe some children :on:
Stu65 & Girly

Gadget
14-10-2006, 05:20 PM
a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN

or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Albie and Caroline and maybe some children
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN

I'm up for either. But depends on work.

scrapps
20-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi all have spoken to bowl and prob be 4 oclock if that is ok with most.:o did not want it to be late if people bringing kids. got some nice prizes for high and low score ect. please post names a.s.a.p. as need to know numbers to get lanes booked.:D
i will post direction later, or check out amf bowlings web site for info on bowl.

Gadget
20-10-2006, 04:28 PM
4 is fine be me.

GULLY
21-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Guys
We are up for the bowling. Does anybody object if Megan comes too? Please don't be frightened to say so as we will not be offended. As long as she does not start juggling with the bowling balls we should be alright.

Afternoon would be good for us, 4pm is good.

Gully

Albie
21-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Megan not be there !!!!!Sacreaux Blue and any other colour.

Oh by the way yes afternoons fine and I did change it but posting list not shown it.

GULLY
21-10-2006, 01:52 PM
a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN
Gully, Debbie & Megan

or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN

Albie
21-10-2006, 05:26 PM
a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Albie + Caroline and maybe kids
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN
Gully, Debbie & Megan

or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN

scrapps
24-10-2006, 08:27 AM
yes megan more than welcome the more kids the better.. will be good to see you all :yoparty:

scrapps
26-10-2006, 07:36 AM
a) during day

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN
Gully, Debbie & Megan
Scrapps jackie james rach
or

b) evening

Lady-Bob & Samantha
Strumpet
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN
Scrapp jackie james rach

scrapps
02-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi guy and girls, talked to bowl and got a 25% discount on adult bowling £9.00 per person, :) price the same for kids i am affraid (thats only 60p saving ? ):grump: . but any saving is good. I have also got a nice bowling ball to be won on free ticket to all bowlers type raffle and allso hope to do a small raffle to raise some pennies for kent air ambulance.(if thats ok, ):confused:
hope to see you all soon (maybe sunday if weather good)

Lady-Bob
07-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Scrapps,

I have a couple of small items that can be added to the raffle items.... Can of brake cleaner, Can of chain lube, Can of Wheelguard stuff - if that's any good?

I think it looks like day-time is best option. Especially if Megan's coming as she's only ickle :gromit:

Can you suggest a time and let me have address of bowling alley. I didn't get your email that you said you'd send before I went on hols... can you resend to my work email address please (will pm you with it in a minute)

scrapps
08-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi have spoken to bowl and lanes getting booked fast,:eyepopping: looking like maybe 5pm for lane booking need to know numbers so can book the lanes a.s.a.p. can people confirm if this will be ok. (will pm you later today lady-bob..) maybe go for a drink after ??

Lady-Bob
13-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi have spoken to bowl and lanes getting booked fast,:eyepopping: looking like maybe 5pm for lane booking need to know numbers so can book the lanes a.s.a.p. can people confirm if this will be ok. (will pm you later today lady-bob..) maybe go for a drink after ??

So far, scrapps, book for the following Lady-Bob & Samantha

Lady-Bob & Samantha & Pip (Lady-bob's Godson)
Bumble
Stu65 & Girly
GaryN
Gully, Debbie & Megan
Scrapps, jackie, james, rach

Not sure how many Albie will be bringing I guess at least 3 for him

Each will pay as they arrive if that's ok.

2 games at £9.00 each wasn't it?

Folks don't forget to bring spare change for the raffle etc., after all, this is a charity event as well - raffle proceeds going to Kent Air Ambulance.

Don't forget that members of Scrapp's other motorcycle group will be there so BE NICE! I'd rather this become a general social event rather than one club up against another - ok?

Remember - kids welcome so mind your p's & q's ladies & gents!

As for a drink after ... it'll either be at the bowling alley or in a nearby FAMILY friendly pub?

Map of bowling area to be posted this afternoon.

Lady-Bob
13-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Address of AMF Ashford is as follows:

43/79 Station Road
Ashford
Kent
TN23 1PP

Tel: 08701183010

Map of Ashford: http://maps.msn.co.uk/(5dgz5155vo45zm30lgtmen2y)/map.aspx?L=EUR&C=51.14769%2c0.87590&A=27.23333&P=|51.14769%2c0.87590|1|TN23+1PP+(postcode)%2c+Uni ted+Kingdom|L1|

Please try to be there a bit earlier as 5pm is the bowling time. You need to allow extra time for shoe change, sorting the kids out, registering names on the score system and generally getting ready to bowl.

Gadget
13-11-2006, 05:38 PM
:confused: My daughter may well tag along if that's alright.?

Albie
13-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Not sure if its 1,2or 3 kids as yet or maybe none but me and cas for sure.. Still hoing to ride down to findon in morning on 748 though for brekkie

Lady-Bob
14-11-2006, 10:43 AM
:confused: My daughter may well tag along if that's alright.?

It would be nice to meet her... remind me.... how old?

scrapps
14-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes gary your daughter more than welcome, cheers albie see you there with or without kids, the more the better i would like this to be a ukmoc family event.
My brov and family are going, all of mine inc new bird and daughter, also paul who came to paintball and family. plus 9/10 from ndmcc.

Lady-Bob
14-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Scrapps - 'tis true... I saw the pictures.... you have very shiny balls.

Thanks for all your organistaion of this event. I'm looking forward to it.

scrapps
14-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Yes bob would not want to be seen with dirty balls, what do you thinks of my starwars ball that takes some doing ??
Any chance you can post the picture ( if you dare !!!! )

Gadget
14-11-2006, 09:01 PM
It would be nice to meet her... remind me.... how old?

She is 13 and a bit "blonde". A typical self obsessed teenage girl. So I am told.

Albie
19-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks to all that turned up tonite for Scrapps organised bowling. All of us enjoyed it. One happy chappy was Carolines son Aidan who so wanted to win that Star Wars bowling ball. Lucky for me no one picked it until my lucky number came up to choose a prize to which I gladly picked it for him. He wont put it down for some reason. Great nite and thanks to Stu and partner for travelling from Essex and winning top bowler.:D :D

GULLY
19-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks for a great afternoon/evening at the bowling. We all had a great time, especially Megan who crashed out as soon as we got into the car. she love it:woot:

Thanks to Scrapps & Bob for organising and for the lovely bowling ball that we now own :thumbsup:

Okay, Stu, you kicked my butt but there is always next time -especially now I have my own bowling ball to practice with :chuckle: good to see you agone and meet you good lady.

It was a very good turnout and it was good to see you all we must do it agone soon:thumbsup:

Cheers
Gully

Albie
19-11-2006, 10:28 PM
;) Thanks for a great afternoon/evening at the bowling. We all had a great time, especially Megan who crashed out as soon as we got into the car.

Thanks to Scrapps for organising and for the lovely bowling ball that we now own :thumbsup:

Okay, Stu, you kicked my butt but there is always next time -especially now I have my own bowling ball to practice with :chuckle:

It was a good turnout and it was good to see you all.

Cheers
Gully

Just need a big drill then;) ;) ;)

GULLY
19-11-2006, 10:34 PM
;)

Just need a big drill then;) ;) ;)

Do you think they would give us a discount if we took both balls in together :thumbsup:

Gadget
20-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Yep, great night. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Scrapps, and well done for organising the event.
We all had a good time.
Pity we couldn't keep the bumpers up. The kids wouldn't have beaten us otherwise.
Ellie is going again on Wednesday.:spin:

scrapps
20-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Well what can i say thank you to everybody for turning up and making this event a great evening out,:thumbsup: extra thanks to lady bob for donating some great raffle prizes:hail:
I hope all enjoyed the event and had a safe trip home.
Cheers to stu for making the trek over from essex and well done for getting the top score (you only beat me by 2 pin ) i will get you next time.:nash:.
I will have to leave new bird at home next time as her score was the lowest by a long way.:cry:
cheers again hope to see some pics posted soon.

Lady-Bob
20-11-2006, 12:13 PM
-especially now I have my own bowling ball to practice with :chuckle:
Cheers
Gully

Let's not forget. It's Debbie's ball - not yours! :p

Lady-Bob
20-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Scrapps - I'll say it again....

A great evening. Your organisation of it all was superb - well done.

You had great balls (Don't tell newbird, but I really wanted your lilac one!!! :eek: )

I'm glad you got a good turn out from both MCC's and family.

Nice to see your brother again as well as his and your family.

Albie - does this make you a cool step-dad now????!! :eek:

Gully - Megan held out well and barely a tantrum in sight - you should both be proud.

In fact all the kids were well behaved save for mine (aaarrrrgh!)
Sorry Miles and susan - I was looking forward to that Pizza but I couldn't "reward" Sam with pizza when she had been so rude to me for the last hour of bowling. Another time hopefully.

I for one shall start practising as soon as my new spectacles are done!

Thanks again Scrapps ...... we'll definately have to repeat this one. Ashford was so easy to get to. I hope it was a convenient venue for all ('cept STU65 & girly - sorry - but great you made the trip - thanx :biggrin: )

Albie
20-11-2006, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=Lady-Bob;189686]

Albie - does this make you a cool step-dad now????!! :eek:

QUOTE]

Well possibly. No hes just a much nicer spirited and hes knows I can nick it if hes a Bad Boy.lol.
Hes not made me any cups of tea yet but as long as hes happy that will do for me.:ukm:

gary tompkins
20-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you all had a fantastic time :yoparty:

Sorry I missed out - maybe I'll make the next one though?

scrapps
21-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi guys and girls,

its shame time, yes i am going to post your scores:on:
remember this is the combined score from both games.

In no particular order:

miles 118
susan 163
scrapps 262
jackie 114 (very poor )
aidan 184
becka 190
andy 171
caroline 166
gary 151
elenor 181
sharon 125
lady bob 152 (and she had her own ball and shoes ? )
stu 264 (top score well done )
debbie 160
gully 190
sam 185

well done to all :thumbsup:

STU65
23-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Many many thanks for a great evening it was good to see everyone in civies.

Sorry I won I'll make sure that does happen next time.

Scrapps well done for organising the event, you should let your son pick your lottery numbers I felt sorry for him when he picked his own ticket and you wouldn't let him have the star wars ball!!! Your'll have to get him one.

I must say I have the feeling the star wars ball went to a good home.

We had a really good time and the girly may be up for a wekender now. I know see enjoyed meeting everyone.

Thanks again and hope to see you all before Chrimbo, if not best wishes to everyone.

scrapps
24-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Yep stu i will get him a ball as i did not let him take the star wars ball.(does that make me a evil dad ?? )
Had not thought about him picking lotto numbers, will give that a try me thinks.:D